Thread: 2nd bushing for RT frame

2nd bushing for RT frame

So, I have a powerlyte gripstix frame that I believe was made to fit an RT classic. There is just way too much slop in there, even with a frame bushing.

I have heard of people using a 2nd bushing but can't seem to find any info on what to use.

Anybody have any suggestions?

You can use a level 7 powertube carrier.

Some have grinded down a nut

You can do either of those 2 that was posted. Never used a PT spacer before or do nothing at all. I've been without a frame spacer in one of my mags for years (still dont have one installed) Just make sure you have your rail bushing in and you should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    You can do either of those 2 that was posted. Never used a PT spacer before or do nothing at all. I've been without a frame spacer in one of my mags for years (still dont have one installed) Just make sure you have your rail bushing in and you should be good.
    I've had it this way for 2 years and it's usually fine but every once in a while it will loosen and shift side to side. I was hoping for a quick hardware store fix.

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711
    I've had it this way for 2 years and it's usually fine but every once in a while it will loosen and shift side to side. I was hoping for a quick hardware store fix.
    You could probably go to the hardware store and find some nylong spacers that would possibly do the trick as well.

PTP still sells them. Think they were $7 a pop when I purchased them.

They have 2 different styles. One that can accommodate the rail bushing and another that doesn't. Get the one you need.

If it is a RT classic frame, then put an oring around the rail bushing. It should take up the extra slack that same as if a banjo bolt was installed with an oring on it.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.