Thread: X valve mistery

X valve mistery

Hello guys

There's something my friend Seven7 and I don't understand.

I've a Xvalve with ult on my rpg mag.

When I use it with a HP tank, it leaks by the barrel, when I use it with a SHP tank, it works perfectly.

The on/off orings are lubed and in good shape.
    We checked and cleaned every part of the on/off.
    I even tried to change the on/off

Have you ideas ?

Thanks

When it leaks down the barrel, is it doing it because of bolt stick or is it just leaking all the time?

Have you tried removing a shim from your ULT?
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

It leaks all the time.
    It leaks as soon as I put air.

Yes I tried to remove a shim, without effect.

Since it works with the SHP tank, its a small issue which to me sounds like velocity adjustment maybe increase some when using the hp tank. Check the velocity..

When your mean by high pressure is it 800+?

I was tweaking one of my markers last night and mistakenly screwed in a 400psi output tank which did the same thing you mentioned, installed a 850 and was butter. I would ck the pressure on that "HP" tank.
    Last edited by Ando; 09-16-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Yeah some HP bottles sold recently are actually medium pressure output @ 650psi

This has caught a few out when trying to run Mags on them... especially X-valves

I would double check the bottle output

Normally, the bottle is running 800 psi. I checked it when I recieved it, but I'll double on nest sunday. Right now the bottle is to low in air to check (it's less than 1 on the gauge so it might be around 400 !)

I'll check the velocity too !

My 6 other Xvalves (ULT or no) worked perfectly with this bottle. My Classic worked fine too !

Quote Originally Posted by maverick13
    ...My 6 other Xvalves...
    Gotta love AGD Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by maverick13
    Normally, the bottle is running 800 psi. I checked it when I recieved it, but I'll double on nest sunday. Right now the bottle is to low in air to check (it's less than 1 on the gauge so it might be around 400 !)
    Was it low when you checked the operation of your X-valve? This low pressure would have the same effect as operating a low pressure tank. Some of the orings won't always seal properly at low pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    Was it low when you checked the operation of your X-valve? This low pressure would have the same effect as operating a low pressure tank. Some of the orings won't always seal properly at low pressures.
    No, the tank was full (gauge around 3)

Quote Originally Posted by athomas

I was thinking along these lines as well. If you have some older orings in there you might be seeing probs because of that. So the question is how old are those orings?

You might have to look at the problem as if it always leaks under normal operation, but the higher pressure of the SHP tank causes it to stop. This could be caused by orings that are a bit harder and less flexible than they should be.

A leak down the barrel is caused by a poor fit of the bolt to the powertube O ring. The only reason I can see a different output pressure tank making a difference is the on-off pin may cause the sear to retain the bolt differently as a higher output tank will put more pressure on the on-off pin.

Maybe you should try retuning your level 10 with a new powertube O ring? Or just stick the the SHP tank!