http://www.google.com/patents?id=Q0s...page&q&f=false

wow that takes it back

patents
    who owns/owned that one again?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    patents
    who owns/owned that one again?
    Thomas G. Kotsiopoulos

Now think long and hard...Who's got the same initials?

toby keith

That bottom feed hopper would be awesome!

on a illustrator too!!

TK had the patent for the E-hopper? I had no idea.

I was thinking about it, I played paintball for about 5 years with a shake and shoot hopper, how the hell did I do that? I tried out a shake and shoot the other day and could only shoot three rounds before having to violently shake the gun. Is it that guns had way more kick in the 90's (I was using Spyders and Vm68s since all I had access to way CO2 and automags don't like CO2 in Maine) which shook the hopper for me? Or was it just that ignorance was bliss, and that was part of the game??? I do remember a squeegee being a lifeline every player had on the field with them...

lol, i still have a tendancy to shake e hoppers and I ALWAYS carry a squegee. you can make a gun that wont chop a ball but Ive yet to see a paintball manufacturor make a ball that wont break itself

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    lol, i still have a tendancy to shake e hoppers and I ALWAYS carry a squegee. you can make a gun that wont chop a ball but Ive yet to see a paintball manufacturor make a ball that wont break itself
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKqpYVvhuxs

So does that mean Tom K has been getting a cut of every e-loader out there?

I believe that is the warp feed patent. This is the electronic agitating loader patent: http://www.google.com/patents/US5791325

Quote Originally Posted by shooter311
    TK had the patent for the E-hopper? I had no idea.

I was thinking about it, I played paintball for about 5 years with a shake and shoot hopper, how the hell did I do that? I tried out a shake and shoot the other day and could only shoot three rounds before having to violently shake the gun. Is it that guns had way more kick in the 90's (I was using Spyders and Vm68s since all I had access to way CO2 and automags don't like CO2 in Maine) which shook the hopper for me? Or was it just that ignorance was bliss, and that was part of the game??? I do remember a squeegee being a lifeline every player had on the field with them...
    One of the benefits of a blowback.
    Forest Gump of paintball

Quote Originally Posted by koleah
    So does that mean Tom K has been getting a cut of every e-loader out there?
    It seems that the inclusion of the agitating hopper in the patent application is to help establish a background with which he can demonstrate the novel, and therefor patentable aspects of his force-fed system. In a way, he is saying "this is what we have, this is what I propose, and this is why they are different." It should outline that if you really read into the body of the patent (which is usually not the most exciting thing to do).

In other words, he didn't patent the agitating hopper here, so he isn't getting a cut.

Of course, I seem to remember that there were a couple of patents, including some of those pertinent to HP air, that Tom did have, but chose not to enforce. This was back when paintball was a gentlemanly pursuit, and certain individuals believed that an altruistic, open-source approach to paintball would help to grow the sport. Maybe that is a little embellished, but some of the older patents weren't really enforced, and no royalties paid/collected.
    Last edited by rx2; 09-23-2012 at 11:53 PM.
    "My Jell-O is dying in the audience..."
    Merrill Howard Kalin