Thread: 30+ balls on 12gram!

30+ balls on 12gram!

WOOT!!! I finally broke the 30 ball mark on my 12gram mag.
    It got dark before I could mess with it more, but I got some data. I'll get more info soon and do a proper write up.

Best set of various configurations:
    -
    -
    -
    Dashes are no ball shots and I consider those usable shots. Probable uses even more air.

Be interested to see the details & specs on this set up. I 've got a 12g powered, wooden stocked mag rifle in the works that this would be a real bonus for.

Did you use efficiency inserts to reduce capacity of dump chamber in the valve? A solid 30+ shots is a very impressive result

wow, in for updates. are you using hills mod?

I've been struggling for several years to break 30 balls. I have done just about every mod I came accross to help add efficiency. The problem with 12grams is that they are horribly inconsistent. Ill post pics with a complete break down of mods this weekend.
    Oh....
    Yes, devolumizing the dump chamber is crucial.
    Hill has done several mods for me which I'll show later.
    I'm not however using his insert because I like using plastic washers to fine tune the dump chamber size.

Quote Originally Posted by skyless
    I've been struggling for several years to break 30 balls. I have done just about every mod I came accross to help add efficiency. The problem with 12grams is that they are horribly inconsistent. Ill post pics with a complete break down of mods this weekend.
    Oh....
    Yes, devolumizing the dump chamber is crucial.
    Hill has done several mods for me which I'll show later.
    I'm not however using his insert because I like using plastic washers to fine tune the dump chamber size.
    I used the plastic washers and got into the mid 20's. 1 thing I did notice though was that if I didnt let my first couple of shots go over 300, I seemed to not get as many shots above 240 or so. I didnt do extensive testing, but wondering if part of the consistency loss was attributable to using a Micro CAII. I was also using a capped valve with Bob Long Reg and devolumized by Loguzzzz. I would have done more testing, but TBH, I dont play nearly enough and didnt want to waste time messing with tuning.

One thing I would like to know is what temperature were you playing in? I felt pretty lucky to get the shots I was since I was actually doing testing in 40-50 degree weather. I have a feeling if I would have done my testing when it was 80 out and the 12gs had been sitting outside instead of in my dark cold garage, I could have gotten pretty darn near close to 30 shots. Next warm day we get here I might have to give it a go.
    Last edited by OPBN; 09-22-2012 at 09:49 AM.

skyless is where i got the idea for the insert.

Look forward to seeing the breakdown.