Thread: Meet the new boss / Same as the old boss ?

Question Meet the new boss / Same as the old boss ?

Seems like new guns I never heard of come out of the woodwork more and more often lately.

http://www.machinepaintball.com

Are they all starting to look alike or is it just me ?

That's a shiny ZR-1!

You wouldnt believe how bad the machining is on those things.

$1650? Do you get a rub and tug with that?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    $1650? Do you get a rub and tug with that?
    Half and half actually.

Seriously, though, thats a shiny Zodiac

Ill stick to shooting the REAL ZR1 from Zodiac

Talking

Looks like a really shinny pmr. Lol (never owned one)

The vapor has been out for several months now...

Vapor

I happen to own one of these and love it. I also have a Luxe 2.0 and I would say the Vapor is smoother, quieter, and way more efficient. Its one of the only spoolies Ive owned that operates on less than 200psi. Ive heard good and bad about every marker out there and with a spoolie it all comes down to maintenance. If you dont take care of it , it wont take care of you.

This isn't a zodiac???

From the splash screen on the video, that bolt has to be related at least.

I would guess there are only so many desings for a spool gun, that is why the all seem like each other.

This one had better shoot balls that never miss or something else for $1650, or make you cofee in the morning. I dont see anything on it that is revolutionary enoug fot that price.

I too have one of these , as above its super smooth and efficient.
    Is it worth the price tag? not really but That's personal choice.
    And as for machining quality mine is really nice so I don't know what one you looked at bigevil?
    The problem with spool valve markers, is you are limited on they opperate but I agree they really are looking like each other.
    Was it the same designer?

Quote Originally Posted by renie
    I too have one of these , as above its super smooth and efficient.
    Is it worth the price tag? not really but That's personal choice.
    And as for machining quality mine is really nice so I don't know what one you looked at bigevil?
    The problem with spool valve markers, is you are limited on they opperate but I agree they really are looking like each other.
    Was it the same designer?

All of my local agglets went nuts over these things and there are/were a bunch of them around. This MACHINE PAINTBALL is that asshat Michael Spurlock. He is a notorious paintball villain, look around you will find a ton of not so nice things that this guy has pulled over the years. One of his trademarks seems to be that after the first or second run of a product the quality gets so bad that parts don't even fit together.

Most of the Vapors here were all returned without even playing with them. Barrels didn't screw in, eye covers didn't fit, anno was poor, leaks, and god only knows what else.

Spurlocks Taiwan company made the first couple of runs of the Zodiac guns. Then he screwed them over big time. Much of that vapor is based on Chris Cole's ZR1 designs.

Quote Originally Posted by redlaser666
    I would guess there are only so many desings for a spool gun, that is why the all seem like each other.

This one had better shoot balls that never miss or something else for $1650, or make you cofee in the morning. I dont see anything on it that is revolutionary enoug fot that price.
    After thinking about it for a moment, I'm pressed to ask that if the entire mechanism has consolidated so well over the last 15 years. Then the gun design could be quite radical. I realize it may seem like a lot of excess weight or material. But from a form (fashion) sense you should be ablt to create a ton of gun designs.

Why should there be a single wrapper around the spool. Lets add some body to the gun. Maybe start with a larger block and carve some seriously exoptic designs. How about a gun that looks like something from 'Existenz" or a gangster tommy gun with a flat round hopper on the top?

Now's the time to go nutz. Oh wait we had that option years ago with another single vale design (ha-ha)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry

I admit I gave up after page 13.

So apparently the Vapor is a chinese copy of the Smart Parts Luxe ?

My first thought when I saw it was it looked a lot like a Luxe.

So heres my Luxe on a stand next to the Vapor. As noted the proportions are very similar, trigger placement, feedneck, hpr, they all line up in about the same way.