Thread: how do I get this screw out?!?!

how do I get this screw out?!?!

so while putting in my 2k9 body after it was freshly annodized, i manage to things up, i stripped the head of one of the screws. at first i was like hey i wont need to take this apart anytime soon. well of course i do. so i thought hey ill back it out with my extracter/easyout style bit.

slowly i rotate the bit counter clockwise.next thing i notice its not grabbing.now its rounded out.
    what should i do?
    how do i get this out now?

thankyou for any and all help,
    KNM.

Basically drill the head off the bolt , if it's a #10 bolt a 3/16 drill should take the head off & leave a little stickin up to get the pliers on ( after the other bolt & part are removed ) , we don't have to tell ya to be careful of that new anno , do we ??

got it,
    no new scratches and got the bolt out.

thankyou,
    anyone know where to get replacement hex head screws to replace the crappy PTP torx head ones?

I cut slits in all mine and use a flathead screw driver instead... Works awesome.

Best thing I ever did was sell that body. Had same problems with screws so I cut them for a flathead as well.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    got it,
    no new scratches and got the bolt out.

thankyou,
    anyone know where to get replacement hex head screws to replace the crappy PTP torx head ones?
    The nutty bolts .com or fastenal
    Last edited by river031403; 09-23-2012 at 08:56 PM.