Thread: Ripper Body Estimate

Ripper Body Estimate

Good evening AO,
    I was going through my gear tonight and found a raw Ripper body that I'm looking to part with. About how much might one be worth these days? I haven't seen one floating on the BST for a while.

got a pic?
    Max Lundqvist's 1 of 2 Angel Joy A1
    DEMONIC Freeflow Cocker No. 4 of 13 My Feedback

I want this pending price.
    I already have an order about to be shipped to Xmagterror so that covers the damage issue.
    Now just the price. Lmk what your looking for if your looking to sell.

Thanks
    Dave/Imasho
    Last edited by Imasho; 09-25-2012 at 06:03 AM.

From what I have seen $250-300 for a Ripper body. There was a Ripper body and rail combo last month being offered for $375. Not sure if it ever sold though.

Pics! Unfortunately, not all is right with the world. The previous owner decided to take sandpaper or a dremel to the side of the body. I don't really understand the reasoning, although it came with a faux-Ripper-esque rail that received similar attention.

The good news: it is too far back to hinder operation. I was considering getting the left side milled to match the right side, but never proceeded, and didn't want to inflict more dremel-suffering on the body.

The bad news: I don't know how to fix it? Perhaps some silver solder, or something anodizing resistant hopefully short of welding.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanotech
    The bad news: I don't know how to fix it? Perhaps some silver solder, or something anodizing resistant hopefully short of welding.

Thoughts?
    The first thing that comes to mind is mini it. Cut the "wing" over the valve off, except for the last "loop" of the ripper milling that hangs over the valve, then shape it round.

With damage like this, the value obviously is significantly less. Hard to really even tell how much you might get for it. I would agree though, mini'ing it may be your best option or sell it cheap and someone can do what they want.

PM'd

Holy crap did they remove alot of the design. Im not at all surprised the wore thru the back end.

Its interesting he duplicated what was one of the first design ideas for the ripper that I eliminated due to the back being to thin.

I would just cut the other side of the body for a valve relief & call it a a day.

Yikes!!!!!

Dam, I would either have it special milled and cleaned up or patch up and just duracoat it black.