Thread: Stupid question on the classic RT rail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stupid question on the classic RT rail

The RT rail has holes going through it - I'm observant huh. Are these constant air or is there a good way to make these send air only on trigger pulls?

I'm asking because I am interested in the turbo-loader as part of a steam punk project. Frankly I am trying to make the thing look as "hosey" and complicated as possible. I will use a 3,000 PSI tank and likely cover all macroline with copper.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

If memory serves, they are constant air. I'm not sure if there is an easy way to have that supply fluctuate.

the supply is constant but...

if you look for 1/8" pneumatic valves you could find a NC valve and actuate it similarly to a warp or revvy

let me know if you need the roller switch and cables i have them for cheap

Yeah, it's a manifold. I think the ports are in a "U", drilled across to each other at the banjo, then drilled from the back down each side.

You can put an LPR (or two) on there and create lots of low pressure pneu circuits.

I'm thinking of either doing this with an autococker (to have more moving parts for the theme) or an original RT mag (because the base marker would be cheap). I accept that I am going to screw things up in the process and likely have to start over but I am looking for a marker that I can make reasonably reliable but give it a steam punk look to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    I'm thinking of either doing this with an autococker (to have more moving parts for the theme) or an original RT mag (because the base marker would be cheap). I accept that I am going to screw things up in the process and likely have to start over but I am looking for a marker that I can make reasonably reliable but give it a steam punk look to it.
    I'd go autococker. it's almost steam punk to start with if you were to make the finish an oil-rubbed bronze and clear and copper pipes.

it's all moving parts, pipes, and stick-y out-y bits.