Thread: Stupid question on the classic RT rail

Stupid question on the classic RT rail

The RT rail has holes going through it - I'm observant huh. Are these constant air or is there a good way to make these send air only on trigger pulls?

I'm asking because I am interested in the turbo-loader as part of a steam punk project. Frankly I am trying to make the thing look as "hosey" and complicated as possible. I will use a 3,000 PSI tank and likely cover all macroline with copper.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

If memory serves, they are constant air. I'm not sure if there is an easy way to have that supply fluctuate.

the supply is constant but...

if you look for 1/8" pneumatic valves you could find a NC valve and actuate it similarly to a warp or revvy

let me know if you need the roller switch and cables i have them for cheap

Yeah, it's a manifold. I think the ports are in a "U", drilled across to each other at the banjo, then drilled from the back down each side.

You can put an LPR (or two) on there and create lots of low pressure pneu circuits.

I'm thinking of either doing this with an autococker (to have more moving parts for the theme) or an original RT mag (because the base marker would be cheap). I accept that I am going to screw things up in the process and likely have to start over but I am looking for a marker that I can make reasonably reliable but give it a steam punk look to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    I'm thinking of either doing this with an autococker (to have more moving parts for the theme) or an original RT mag (because the base marker would be cheap). I accept that I am going to screw things up in the process and likely have to start over but I am looking for a marker that I can make reasonably reliable but give it a steam punk look to it.
    I'd go autococker. it's almost steam punk to start with if you were to make the finish an oil-rubbed bronze and clear and copper pipes.

it's all moving parts, pipes, and stick-y out-y bits.

pfffftt

Put up a pic of an autococker and tell everyone you "Steam punked" and Ego

Quote Originally Posted by sillypookie
    I'd go autococker. it's almost steam punk to start with if you were to make the finish an oil-rubbed bronze and clear and copper pipes.

it's all moving parts, pipes, and stick-y out-y bits.
    I made an offer on a freeflow Lotus (thus far undrilled). Its in great shape and pewter so the color, while not perfect, will work for now. That being said I am toying with the idea of doing it with an RT. I have an old twist lock brass barrel that would find its way into the project. The problem with an autococker is I have NEVER owned one and things may not work out well.

The advantage of a classic RT is that it is cheaper. It starts out in black. There are ports to do all sorts of crazy stuff with. I could probably figure out a way to pneumag a classic RT. Hanging "extras" off it just makes the project more what I am looking for. I can cut and flare lines as needed from a copper alloy brake line that I have been using around the shop (rated to 3000+ lbs pressure).

I am much more confident in "messing around with" a mag than an autococker. I do want to be able to use the thing.

I wonder if it is possible to "air drive" a warp feed...

An RT also has 6 #8 screw holes on each side to mount things on. Polished brass on polished stainless is also a plus. A brass power feed plug would be nice. The front "rail" is easy to drill and tap as well. I think it would be relatively straight forward to mash-up a pneu'd RT and a cyclone feed. I don't know if an MSV can feed the ram and the cyclone by itself though.

If nothing else, a QEV from the ram could pilot the air to the cyclone. A brass covered cyclone would be awe$ome.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW
    An RT also has 6 #8 screw holes on each side to mount things on. Polished brass on polished stainless is also a plus. A brass power feed plug would be nice. The front "rail" is easy to drill and tap as well. I think it would be relatively straight forward to mash-up a pneu'd RT and a cyclone feed. I don't know if an MSV can feed the ram and the cyclone by itself though.

If nothing else, a QEV from the ram could pilot the air to the cyclone. A brass covered cyclone would be awe$ome.
    What if you had a second msv to cycle with the sear movement? And some clear grips to see all the coolness inside.

I am thinking of finding a way to mount twin 13/3000 tanks (or 22/3000) under the barrel and feeding the marker with those. This would free up a spot on the back for another small (maybe one of the really tiny ones) tank on a flatline regged way down to feed any low powered air systems.

I'm thinking about running twin air lines from those tanks into the rail ports directly.

Yes this is going to be a monstrosity when done and I will likely only play with it for kicks. It should be neat though.