First off hello. New to this site and to the wonderful world of mags.
I have just purchased an xmag (not off this forum) . It won't fire on electric but fires ok on manual mode.When I turn it on the display lights up intermittent. Other times it doesn't do anything or just flashes or shows random pattern. When it does light up I am getting agd sometimes agd 3.2. First off thought the battery was getting low. So put on charge all night. The charger led didn't go red more of a pulsating yellow colour and didn't go green even after being left all night. Checked voltage in battery this morning it was at 18 volts. Refitted it and same as before. Except this time it lets me flick through the menu a couple of times but doesn't't let me see the values and cuts off after a couple of presses of the top button or one press of the trigger.
The voltage in battery has dropped to 16.1 volts after checking it a few times and down to 13.6v when marker turned on. Also voltage at the on off switch and board is 7v is this ok?
I have cleaned up all connections to and from the battery. But nothing has changed.
Basically after advise on what it could be. If something serious will get back into with person I bought it off.
Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Sounds like your battery is toast. You may be able to get it rebuilt locally. There was someone on here name KC that was selling replacement units that were better.
I sent pics of my battery to www.cheapbatterypacks.com. They hooked me up with a higher capacity than stock and only cost $38.
Could be a ground screw since the frame is used to carry the negative line.
Forest Gump of paintball
It working in manual is a good sign. I would def clean out the screw hole and maybe even mess with your hall sensor if cleaning the hole out doesnt pan out before going the battery route. Do the easy simple things first.
If it's an original AGD battery, might want to get a backup anyways.
How would a loose ground cause the low battery readings?
Last edited by OPBN; 09-25-2012 at 02:42 PM.
That's why I didn't buy it tricky when I asked about it he said it was a friends and knew nothing about it? Other than it all worked! That seemed suspicious to me as the so called friend came on the forum a day or so later, he didn't reply to me about the RT either?
Corrosion build up would cause it to limit current and could cause low voltage under load.
Originally Posted by OPBN
It's like a car battery when the terminals have salt buildup. So just pour some water on it and the electricity starts flowing again since the salt re-hydrates.