Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Xmag help.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Leeds England
    Posts
    10

    Xmag help.

    First off hello. New to this site and to the wonderful world of mags.

    I have just purchased an xmag (not off this forum) . It won't fire on electric but fires ok on manual mode.When I turn it on the display lights up intermittent. Other times it doesn't do anything or just flashes or shows random pattern. When it does light up I am getting agd sometimes agd 3.2. First off thought the battery was getting low. So put on charge all night. The charger led didn't go red more of a pulsating yellow colour and didn't go green even after being left all night. Checked voltage in battery this morning it was at 18 volts. Refitted it and same as before. Except this time it lets me flick through the menu a couple of times but doesn't't let me see the values and cuts off after a couple of presses of the top button or one press of the trigger.

    The voltage in battery has dropped to 16.1 volts after checking it a few times and down to 13.6v when marker turned on. Also voltage at the on off switch and board is 7v is this ok?

    I have cleaned up all connections to and from the battery. But nothing has changed.

    Basically after advise on what it could be. If something serious will get back into with person I bought it off.

    Thanks in advance for any help with this.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,352
    Sounds like your battery is toast. You may be able to get it rebuilt locally. There was someone on here name KC that was selling replacement units that were better.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    418
    I sent pics of my battery to www.cheapbatterypacks.com. They hooked me up with a higher capacity than stock and only cost $38.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    436
    Could be a ground screw since the frame is used to carry the negative line.

    http://automags.org/forums/showthrea...ht=ground+wire
    Forest Gump of paintball

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,140
    It working in manual is a good sign. I would def clean out the screw hole and maybe even mess with your hall sensor if cleaning the hole out doesnt pan out before going the battery route. Do the easy simple things first.

    If it's an original AGD battery, might want to get a backup anyways.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,352
    How would a loose ground cause the low battery readings?
    Last edited by OPBN; 09-25-2012 at 01:42 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sunny, England
    Posts
    344
    That's why I didn't buy it tricky when I asked about it he said it was a friends and knew nothing about it? Other than it all worked! That seemed suspicious to me as the so called friend came on the forum a day or so later, he didn't reply to me about the RT either?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    How would a loose ground cause the low battery readings?
    Corrosion build up would cause it to limit current and could cause low voltage under load.

    It's like a car battery when the terminals have salt buildup. So just pour some water on it and the electricity starts flowing again since the salt re-hydrates.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Leeds England
    Posts
    10

    Smile

    You guys rock.

    Cleaned the mounting for the pc board. Adjusted hall magnet. Display is working fine now. But says battery low. So think that is goosed. Will get touch with seller over that.

    Just need air now to test properly. (Why is it when you have a problem with a marker you never have a full bottle)

    Renie nearly backed out myself. But paid the fees to cover myself if it was a complete dud deal. Just thought I'd check on here before getting touch with seller about problems as it is in great condition.

    Yes I will post the porn pic's up when take some.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,352
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeK
    Corrosion build up would cause it to limit current and could cause low voltage under load.

    It's like a car battery when the terminals have salt buildup. So just pour some water on it and the electricity starts flowing again since the salt re-hydrates.
    I get how a loose ground would cause functional issues, but if you have the battery off of the marker and are testing it, a loose ground on the board that the battery isnt connected to isnt going to effect it.

    Replacing the battery is a pretty typical necessity on most used Emags. Seems like about he time the battery goes, so does interest in the marker.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •