Thread: 32* Frames

32* Frames

I recently picked up a fairly stock Mag in the BST. It has a 32* frame on it and I beleive it is causing issues. With this frame on, the marker will fire, but essentially goes into full auto unless you pull back on the trigger. I have adjusted the sear rod out which helps a bit, but it essentially has to rest on the back of the trigger and even then it still has issues. It doesnt seem to allow enough rearward travel to fulling engage the on/off on the valve. I swapped in a stock CF frame and the marker works fine. In looking closely at the two frames, I am noticing that the 32* frame seems to be out of spec in a couple of areas. I have heard before that some of these were incorrect, but is there any way of fixing it?

I really bought the marker to part out, but was wanting to see if I could get the frame working properly. I don't want to sell it as is if it is non-functional.

Any help is appreciated.

Where are you finding the spec problems?

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Where are you finding the spec problems?
    I have to admit it isnt very exact, but was eye balling it. I put the CF frame on to of it and noticed some areas that it seems different. I may be wrong though.

I ended up swapping around some frames and couldn't get another frame to work with this set up. I then took the valve out and put it in two other setups and it worked fine, eliminating it from the equation. In doing some more fiddling the sear pin fell out and when I started looking closer at it realized that it wasnt a real sear pin, but apparently a ground down nail or screw. Awesome.

Replaced the sear pin with a real sear pin and everything seems to work now.

Guess the fact that there is a nail or something in the trigger pin hole should have been a forwarning.

People!

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    I have to admit it isnt very exact, but was eye balling it. I put the CF frame on to of it and noticed some areas that it seems different. I may be wrong though.

I ended up swapping around some frames and couldn't get another frame to work with this set up. I then took the valve out and put it in two other setups and it worked fine, eliminating it from the equation. In doing some more fiddling the sear pin fell out and when I started looking closer at it realized that it wasnt a real sear pin, but apparently a ground down nail or screw. Awesome.

Replaced the sear pin with a real sear pin and everything seems to work now.

Guess the fact that there is a nail or something in the trigger pin hole should have been a forwarning.

People!
    Back in the day before I had any machine tools, if I lost a sear pin (Automag) I would use a drill bit (new, chuck end) and just grind it down to size, worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Back in the day before I had any machine tools, if I lost a sear pin (Automag) I would use a drill bit (new, chuck end) and just grind it down to size, worked fine.
    Which would work if the correct size and all you are doing is cutting it to length. In this case it apparently was too thick as well and someone tried to grind it thinner. May have to go through my old drill bits and see if I have the proper size....

* edit - Found a suitable drill bit and did exactly this. Works like a champ!. Thanks Luke.
    Last edited by OPBN; 10-09-2012 at 04:49 PM.