Thread: 12gram Efficiency mods. Pics and Props

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

12gram Efficiency mods. Pics and Props

I've been wanting to share this for a while but have waited untill I had reached my goal of 30+ shots off a 12gram. So here after dozens of reconfigurations, and alot of help, my results.

My first mag was a Sydarm, now I have this.
    I had previously had the Micro-CaII setup under the grip frame and was running a pump kit.
    I removed the pump temporarily to simplify things while testing and to lighten things up for more of a pistol style play, plus by removing airlines I gained 3-5 shots at least. The female stab allowed me to run it like this and not suffer horrible inconsistency. Previous similar configurations without the stab made me want to never use 12grams again it was so bad.
    Anyways.....the guts.

I cut my softest spring down to just short of the bolt oring mod. This is the same spring I use with my pump. It has no problems resetting, perhaps I can go shorter but I've not experimented with the details of spring fine tuning.

The bolt is a long nose bolt with a quad oring installed by Hill. I don't have with and without comparisons nor have I experimented with efficiency based on different bolts, there are alot of them...

The power tube tip was also one of Hills mods, the early attempts tore up orings, but this configuration has no problems and I've seen no degrading wear on the orings.
    I have yet to do a with and without evaluation.

I had my valve opened and devolumized. I have been using the washers instead of Hills insert to fine tune the dump chamber size. His insert takes up just a little less volume then the washers Im using.

Theres still room for alot of fine tuning and I'm sure 35+ is possible, I'm just not sure if I want to push for the 40 mark quite yet.

Feel free ask about any part of this journey, I would keep going on all the different configurations and the pros and cons of the many vsrations I went through, but I'm doing this on my phone that I just dropped and shattered the screen which is now pitting glass shards in my thumbs.......
    Ohh but first check out these results from my last 12gram
    I decreased the velocity just a smidg for next time since I'm all out of 12gs for now.

Enjoy! And I hope this helps!
    Last edited by skyless; 09-27-2012 at 02:14 PM.