Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37

Thread: Combative / Argumentive

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,901

    Exclamation Combative / Argumentive

    Is it just me or are some people really on edge in here lately ?

    Seems like arguments keep getting started lately on seemingly insignificant things.

    Its the interwebz people, chill !




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    595
    Agreed, must be winter..
    AO is a friendly community, let's keep it that way

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,303
    I chalk this up to the inability or lack of opportunity to shoot people. Regularly shooting man, helps me vent off some personal frustration.

    But on the other side of the coin, an argument is where 2 or more people are shouting at each other. As far as i know, like space, the internet can't hear your screaming.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dayton OH
    Posts
    1,061
    sometimes people post troll comments to fan the flames, but 95% of the time it's just a misunderstanding due to not being able to tell moods / tones over the internet. there would be no confusion in a face-to-face conversation.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I chalk this up to the inability or lack of opportunity to shoot people. Regularly shooting man, helps me vent off some personal frustration.
    Seconded.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nome Alaska
    Posts
    8,174
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Is it just me or are some people really on edge in here lately ?

    Seems like arguments keep getting started lately on seemingly insignificant things.

    Its the interwebz people, chill !



    Go home Allen, you're drunk. This is AO. This is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    This is not me. I have nothing to do with this, but i aprove of it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    sometimes people post troll comments to fan the flames, but 95% of the time it's just a misunderstanding due to not being able to tell moods / tones over the internet. there would be no confusion in a face-to-face conversation.
    Unless you're speaking with BigE, then there's always confusion.
    Il n'y a point de sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l'esprit.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    St Paul
    Posts
    1,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    sometimes people post troll comments to fan the flames, but 95% of the time it's just a misunderstanding due to not being able to tell moods / tones over the internet. there would be no confusion in a face-to-face conversation.
    yup. and once a "mood" is established by the reader, it cannot be changed by the poster. no matter what is typed out in black and white.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gainesville FL, SoCal, CA
    Posts
    1,808
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Go home Allen, you're drunk. This is AO. This is what we do.
    Lol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Warbird U
    Posts
    1,022
    Here I thought this was going to be about work, then I'd say almost every day when dealing with supervisors and management.
    A proud Canadian EH

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Massassachussessetts
    Posts
    3,274
    Seems like everyone is, lately - here and in "real life". This winter needs to end.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Go home Allen, you're drunk. This is AO. This is what we do.




    Not to worry, no adult beverages here, Beemer can have my share.



  13. #13
    One of my friends gave me this shirt for Christmas:

    "Accuracy by aiming."


    Definitely not on the A-Team.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    This winter needs to end.
    You said it. It even makes the home life a bit more "stressful"

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Was in FL. now LI N.Y.
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    You said it. It even makes the home life a bit more "stressful"
    I cant shovel another scoop ! I got no place to put the snow ! The piles are so high ,its hard to fling wet, heavy , snow, 5 feet in the air .LOL. Feel like im gettin buried in the stuff lol

    On the flip side , im luvin my Kawasaki 4X4 brute force , with a plow attachment

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,859
    I shoveled twice yesterday. Probably needed to do it a third time, but that time I needed to pull in my driveway that time.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Stavanger, Norway
    Posts
    5
    The snow is gone and the paintball season starts on sunday Can't wait to try out my splash mag for the first time in 16 years! 70 people signed up so far.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,859
    Going to play some indoor tomorrow.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,901
    It got all the way down to 54 degrees here last night.......

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,450
    that's the temp it is here now.
    I Sell New 800 Mah emag batteries, with 3D printed battery tops.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,303
    I will say this. Sometimes you have 2 or more people that both have deeply felt opinions about something that they will not budge. It isn't necessarily an argument but it can be viewed as one. Now, sometimes events like this can overflow into a thread that uas no place for it, ut that isn't a bad thing either. If you look at what is being said, you might find answers.to questions that you have or even see a different prospective and change your viewpoint entirely.

    The key to this is, you have freewill. You can avoid the thread if you want. That is something that most people do not understand. The entire TV programming shouldn't be changed for one program that is deemed unfit by 1 person, you have the ability to skip it and resume yourown life. The same can be said for here.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    You can avoid the thread if you want.
    True

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    With My boy friend Reaper
    Posts
    285
    They all just need a good douching to get the sand out of their vaginas
    Charm City Chokehold sponsored by pevs.com,ansgear.com,i2icustom.com

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Redic View Post
    They all just need a good douching to get the sand out of their vaginas
    Precisely. Because there seems to be a strong correlation between being a mag person and being a MTF transexual with a surgically implanted vagina.

    Or not. Let's keep the discussion dissecting why people are combative and/or argumentative free from unnecessary (not to mention incredibly unoriginal) sexist comments.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    With My boy friend Reaper
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    Precisely. Because there seems to be a strong correlation between being a mag person and being a MTF transexual with a surgically implanted vagina.

    Or not. Let's keep the discussion dissecting why people are combative and/or argumentative free from unnecessary (not to mention incredibly unoriginal) sexist comments.
    And there is a perfect example of the issues here

    Everyone take everything to literally and are way to politically correct

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,901
    Well.....

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    43



  28. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nome Alaska
    Posts
    8,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Redic View Post
    And there is a perfect example of the issues here

    Everyone take everything to literally and are way to politically correct



    If jesus says it, then it must be true

  29. #29
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    With My boy friend Reaper
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post


    If jesus says it, then it must be true

    Perfect post Big E

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nome Alaska
    Posts
    8,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Redic View Post
    Perfect post Big E
    I still got it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •