Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideas to improve AO

Carnage reigns: We will take a look at it for the next update. I don't think it should be a problem.

Keep the ideas coming.
    Last edited by Bunny; 06-09-2013 at 01:47 PM.

A private message thread should look more like a text message or a message in bubbles than the multiple boxes that show the back and forth. After a while the first messages in the conversation get way too skinny to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage reigns View Post
    A private message thread should look more like a text message or a message in bubbles than the multiple boxes that show the back and forth. After a while the first messages in the conversation get way too skinny to read.

I'll look at it - but not sure if a mod exists to handle this.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Carnage reigns View Post
    we should be allowed to change the title of our THREAD like on MCB. Lets say i sale an item I can just take it out the title and continue to use the same thread.
    edit^^^ word post changed to THREAD

Ok try it now. You will have to click Go Advanced to edit your THREAD Title.

-The AO Moderation Team
    "Everything in Moderation"

Quote Originally Posted by AO Moderation Team View Post
    edit^^^ word post changed to THREAD

Ok try it now. You will have to click Go Advanced to edit your THREAD Title.
    That's what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!

6. Avatar

Avatar size limit modified. You will have to reload.

link to the articles installed below top banner... and we're not doing chat?

Ok, it's official, we need an "Automag Finds" subforum for ebay listings, craigslist ads, and markers listed on other sites...

Most forums have them and they're really helpful.

agreed

Done.

Any other ideas?? I'm currently working on another update that should be ready by the end of the month.

chat?

Quote Originally Posted by btautomag View Post
    chat?
    x2

Yeah - I have a program to use for this purpose. I ended up moving several states away recently and it TOTALLY derailed any progress that I've been able to do here. With all of the "honey-do" projects, my time is limited.

Will try and get something up and working this weekend.

Exclamation

This could only mean one thing.

communists?

How about separate "Automag Markers" and "Automag Parts" subforums in the B/S/T? It works over on Custom Cockers.

Just adjust the "Markers" section to "Other Markers" and you're all set... We are, after all, an Automag site, and this would make it easier for people to find the mags and mag parts that they've likely come here to look for. Perhaps the "Automag Parts" section could include other AGD products, or there could be an "AGD Products" section for Flatlines, Warpfeeds, MicroCAs, 6-Packs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    How about separate "Automag Markers" and "Automag Parts" subforums in the B/S/T? It works over on Custom Cockers.

Just adjust the "Markers" section to "Other Markers" and you're all set... We are, after all, an Automag site, and this would make it easier for people to find the mags and mag parts that they've likely come here to look for. Perhaps the "Automag Parts" section could include other AGD products, or there could be an "AGD Products" section for Flatlines, Warpfeeds, MicroCAs, 6-Packs, etc.
    The only problem with this is that we weren't set up that way, and with all of the history on the site, it'd be inconsistent when viewed by a newcomer and a PITA to try and filter by the user or Admin if we tried to migrate them to a different forum.

True... It's be like moving a pile of sand with a pair of tweezers to move existing threads to the new forum. I guess you could start them up and let people slowly add threads, and let the automag threads in the "other markers" forums die, but that would take a while and leave some inconsistencies when searching through old B/S/T threads.

Anyhow, just a though I had kicked around. Thanks for looking into it.

More smilies?

Small Update: Added AO logo for iPhone users.

Open Safari. Press the "share" button.

Press "Add to Home Screen"

Rename it if you would like.

It made my iphone look like doo doo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    IMHO, I don't like this idea. We don't have an extensive amount of activity in either subforum to warrant splitting them down even further. Doing so would just cause more of a hassle because both buyers and sellers would then have to check each new subforum for activity.

The fix for buyers looking for just AGD products is to simply search for those terms within the current Markers or Misc. subforums. That is, if those products aren't already showing up on the first page. Most anything that slips to the second page and beyond is sold anyway.

Just my opinion on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    IMHO, I don't like this idea. We don't have an extensive amount of activity in either subforum to warrant splitting them down even further. Doing so would just cause more of a hassle because both buyers and sellers would then have to check each new subforum for activity.

The fix for buyers looking for just AGD products is to simply search for those terms within the current Markers or Misc. subforums. That is, if those products aren't already showing up on the first page. Most anything that slips to the second page and beyond is sold anyway.

Just my opinion on the subject.

Agreed. What do you think about a WTB forum? We can at least filter out some of the threads without impacting AO too much.

I like this idea

A WTB forum could work. That's a little different, because it flips the roles. Buyers post, and people who may be lacking the motivation to post a sale thread can browse. Sounds good to me.

Spelling error. It's "category", not "catagory". Misc FS forum description.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    A WTB forum could work. That's a little different, because it flips the roles. Buyers post, and people who may be lacking the motivation to post a sale thread can browse. Sounds good to me.
    Agreed

WTB forum set up.

I really like the Curators Corner on PBN. How about something like that here?