Thread: Ideas to improve AO

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sigs: I like sigs within limits. I also like the idea of sigs being allowed once per user per thread to prevent their overuse.

I do not like the new "fancy" feedback systems like on PBN. I like the feedback program we have now. I would like to see a way of making the feedback threads easier - perhaps just the user name as the title.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

maybe theres a way to put a built in feedback thread... instead of having to search for it you can get to it in the drop down menu from clicking the members name

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    maybe theres a way to put a built in feedback thread... instead of having to search for it you can get to it in the drop down menu from clicking the members name
    That would be handy. I have never seen it but its a good idea

It may be something that a VBulletin plugin could accomplish. It's not something that is built in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring
    It may be something that a VBulletin plugin could accomplish. It's not something that is built in.

iTrader is a plug in that is basically what he is talking about. It is very similar to the way the feedback system on PBN works. BEO has been using it for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    iTrader is a plug in that is basically what he is talking about. It is very similar to the way the feedback system on PBN works. BEO has been using it for a while.
    iTrader is used on X7OG and A5OG as well, and works really really well. It's basically an eBay-style feedback system.

I like it better than simply a feedback thread, because you can tell right from the start how much feedback a person has, and if there have been any negatives. With a standard feedback thread, you'd have to read every single post to determine that a person has no negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    iTrader is used on X7OG and A5OG as well, and works really really well. It's basically an eBay-style feedback system.

I like it better than simply a feedback thread, because you can tell right from the start how much feedback a person has, and if there have been any negatives. With a standard feedback thread, you'd have to read every single post to determine that a person has no negatives.
    This would be an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    That would be handy. I have never seen it but its a good idea

PBN has it like that.
    Top right of every post you make.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    PBN has it like that.
    Top right of every post you make.
    Well... apparently I never actually clicked on those numbers now huh

If I could have my way I would prefer it be a pull down menu on the name like the one used for sending PMs and other things.

Things off the top of my head....

Avatars: 96x96 is a good size. Give end-users the option to disable avatars if they do not like them.

Feedback Ratings: Something simple. I do like the way PBN does their rating system.

Groups: Moderators, Techs, Contributors, etc. Something to distingish certain users on the board. On other sites I would actively look for members that were specialized and were notated by a different color or badge.

Mod's: Make it a bit more cut and dry. Who is the AO Moderation Team? Add a few more senior members to tidy up the place.

Signatures: No pictures, just text. If it is a hassle only enable them when you click the persons profile. Like this... https://www.automags.org/forums/member.php?u=6593

AO Member Banner: The picture at the top right. Rework the code for it so it is less labor intensive. The background with the hexagon pattern could be a background and we could put a PNG on top. All we would need is a picture with the background removed to post.

i completly forgot about the member banner. yes, someone throw some more ideas about that