Thread: emag all of a sudden does not want to fire

emag all of a sudden does not want to fire

video above explains alittle.

but here is what is going on. i had this firing just fine, electro and hybrid and mech.
    charged the battery up and set the gun aside did not change anything.

so i took the on off out and looked at it, the black oring with the groove in it is kinda beat up, not sure whats going on, any sugestions,
    -gun was working
    -no changes made to anything on the the gun
    - battery is fine

thankyou,
    KNM.

Get a new quad oring...

..make sure you have air in your tank... that gauge can be wrong by a lot. So there might not be enough air in there to work the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Get a new quad oring...

..make sure you have air in your tank... that gauge can be wrong by a lot. So there might not be enough air in there to work the gun.
    awsome thankyou,
    ill get some air.

is tunaman back up and running?

or should i just sell the emag valve and get a x-valve?

Is it firing in mech with the oring currently installed?

went and got air.

still not firing.

so im a dummy, i did change something i installed a lvl 10 bolt, in this emag valve.
    what needs to stay or needs to go when doing this.
    maybe i installed it wrong.

let me know what you know,

thankyou,
    KNM.

Lol...just up the velocity in the back.

Lvl 10 requires needs a little bump to get going.

so i put a gold spring on it, seems to be the best spring for this marker, has 2 shimms,

just doesnt seem to consistant
    alot of chuff.
    not enough puff.

is the velocity a little low still?

dont have a chrono to run reballs thru to check so im kinda stuck.

any ideas?
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 09-29-2012 at 09:11 PM.

velocity is upped

ok got it shooting,
    but its only every other shot,
    trigger pull 1 chuff
    trigger pull 2 shoots paint
    trigger pull 3 chuff
    trigger pull 4 shoots paint.

and soo on

any fixes for this?

Did you get a new quad oring? You cant really diagnose it until you do.

been trying to get ahold of tunaman.
    ordered some parts already but have not heard much.

figured he is a busy man after all the stuff, and prolly many orders to tend too.

Sounds like a hefty amount of bolt stick. I was having the same problem with my E-Tac for several months. Try the carrier with a line, and I get a leak down the barrel. Try the carrier with a dot and I don't get a leak, but have a hard time firing and get a LOT of first-shot-drop-off and bolt stick.

My solution was to throw away the carrier o-ring and start with a fresh one. Properly tuned, that fixed everything in one fell swoop.

As far as the quad o-ring goes, PM me your address. I've got a few spares and I'll send you a couple.

EDIT: Just realized I attempted to diagnose the problem but offered no solutions. You can check to see if it's bolt stick by letting the gun sit gassed up for awhile. Then try to shoot it, and if it seems stuck without firing, degas and then gas it up again (easy to do with your CP ASA). If that seems to jar the thing loose, and allows you to shoot, then that's a good sign it's bolt stick.

First, tune the level 10 bolt with the same carrier o-ring. (You probably already know this, but someone else searching this problem might not, so I'll go through it anyway). Choose the largest carrier you can use without getting a leak down the barrel. Be sure to lubricate the carrier o-ring with a drop of oil when checking for leaks. Don't use any shims in the powertube. If you get stuck with one carrier being too large (leaks), and the next size smaller giving you bolt stick fits, then just toss the carrier o-ring and start fresh with a new one (they're relatively cheap, and you should keep several on hand at all times anyway).
    Last edited by Justus; 09-29-2012 at 11:55 PM.

awsome ill throw some time into this tommorow between drawing floor plans, football, and anything else.

**Justus, no need to send me stuff, ill throw some cash to tunaman and get every part i need in one swoop.

thankyou for the help some things you said helped alot, and i hadnt heard put the way you did.

will post up final result when i get the cariers figured out along with a new healthy quad oring installed.

thankyou,
    KNM

awsome help guys,

i need to get more carrier o rings, only one out of the 7 i have worked.

the gun is ripping great.

i of course will get a nice new one put in once it arives.

thankyou for pullin me outa this bind quickly guys.

thankyou,
    KNM.