Thread: automag will not fire, please help !

automag will not fire, please help !

Hi guys, my automag will not fire, I have the air on, I do feel the resistance of the trigger.

but when I pull the trigger, it won't fire.

when I de-gas it... there are still a lot of air coming out of the mag.

my tank is N2, 50ci 4500 psi... and it still has air up to 3500psi.
    ====
    =========|||===
    =========
    **=== ****==
    *=== *****==
    === ******==

My MiniMag Can

MOTY3
    Where is the air coming from when you degas. Did you turn up the velocity on the valve ? Do you have at least 650 psi going to the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333
    Where is the air coming from when you degas. Did you turn up the velocity on the valve ? Do you have at least 650 psi going to the gun?
    the air is leaking back out from the ASA when I degas.

and the trigger becomes soft again when there is no gas on.

I am not sure the psi set on the gun.

I had tunaman service my gun in April this year.. and have not touch it till to day.

he told me he tune up everything, and working.

thx for your reply !!

I would dis-assemble, make sure all parts are there were there 'sposed to be, then relube generously and re-assemble. Make sure your front grip and thumb screws aren't on to tight, then with the gun aired up crank up your velocity until the gun vents out the back of the reg hole, then crank it down to lower the velocity so it doesn't vent. Try test firing it then to see if it cycles.

I belive the online manual you can download says something about a 'dead trigger' too.

Are you hearing a "click" when you air up the marker? If not, adjust the field strip screw.

THANKS everyone for the help, you guys send me to the right path. and got it fix and working again.

I did open up the mag, but everything is good as it can (from tunaman)

I took out the the trigger pin and screw it out a bit.. and boom, it's working now.

Quote Originally Posted by Konigballer
    I would dis-assemble, make sure all parts are there were there 'sposed to be, then relube generously and re-assemble. Make sure your front grip and thumb screws aren't on to tight, then with the gun aired up crank up your velocity until the gun vents out the back of the reg hole, then crank it down to lower the velocity so it doesn't vent. Try test firing it then to see if it cycles.

I belive the online manual you can download says something about a 'dead trigger' too.

I would ck to see what your tank is putting out. You really need 850+ for reliability purposes. It can fire at 650 but will cause issues in some builds.

850+ is what you want.

If your tank is set high enough adj the velocity up some

MOTY3
    Another testament of how easy Mags can be to tech

It was probably just the act of taking the valve apart that fixed it. Screwing out the trigger rod shouldn't have caused your problem unless you changed trigger frames at some time. There should be about a credit card amount of air gap between the back of the trigger and the front of the trigger rod when the gun is aired up and the trigger is held against the safety stop.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.