Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 96

Thread: Obama Phone ?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    9,333
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    interesting that you find facts insulting.

    what does this say about your position?
    What position? That Juvenal wrote in Satire X about the dangers of bread and circus politics?

    My position is that the historical dangers to a democracy or republic of bread and circus politics are well established. Is that really in dispute?
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    What position? That Juvenal wrote in Satire X about the dangers of bread and circus politics?

    My position is that the historical dangers to a democracy or republic of bread and circus politics are well established. Is that really in dispute?
    you said i tried to insult someone, i did no such thing. and you accused me of rejecting anyone's opinion that was not mine, yet i have not stated an opinion in this thread.

    just going off what you respond with. if you feel insulted by my posts that simply show OP being wrong, false, not factual, then what does that say about you position.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    9,333
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    you said i tried to insult someone, i did no such thing. and you accused me of rejecting anyone's opinion that was not mine, yet i have not stated an opinion in this thread.

    just going off what you respond with. if you feel insulted by my posts that simply show OP being wrong, false, not factual, then what does that say about you position.

    judging from this thread, it looks like a day to show how uninformed half the population is because of there rumor mill conservative media.
    You are going to have to explain this to me. Roughly half of the voting population votes for a particular candidate. Explain to me about your uninformed half and exactly who you were refering to as the "uniformed half of the population because of there rumor mill conservative media". I will also beg your forgiveness while I ask how that was not insulting?

    I stated a single premise involving the writing of Juvenal. My premise was accurate. It should not be misconstrued as a conclusion. My position is that the dangers of bread and circus politics are well established in history. Are you debating that those were the writings of Juvenal or that bread and circus politics are not perilous to engage in?

    My other statement is that civil political discourse cannot exist when we simply label the other side "uniformed" (or ignorant, or stupid, or...)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    You are going to have to explain this to me. Roughly half of the voting population votes for a particular candidate. Explain to me about your uninformed half and exactly who you were refering to as the "uniformed half of the population because of there rumor mill conservative media". I will also beg your forgiveness while I ask how that was not insulting?

    I stated a single premise involving the writing of Juvenal. My premise was accurate. It should not be misconstrued as a conclusion. My position is that the dangers of bread and circus politics are well established in history. Are you debating that those were the writings of Juvenal or that bread and circus politics are not perilous to engage in?

    My other statement is that civil political discourse cannot exist when we simply label the other side "uniformed" (or ignorant, or stupid, or...)
    there is nothing insulting to anyone in that post. just pointing out that many in this thread, even the guy who said what i was responding to, previously had voiced support to OP and his version of obamaphone.

    and that version of obamaphone is incorrect.

    ergo, he, and anyone else basing there "dissatisfaction" of the current president on that version of obamaphone is misinformed. thats again, just the facts.

    where did they get this information? from the conservative media and blogosphere.

    be dissatisfied with the president, i don't care, but at least do it for factually correct reasons.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    9,333
    show how uninformed half the population is
    You honestly do not see this as insulting?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    You honestly do not see this as insulting?
    if its demonstrably true, as is the case here in this thread, no thats not insulting.

    if you or anyone else thinks the conservative medias version of obamaphone is true, then you are misinformed.

    again, those are just the facts. if you find them insulting, what does that say about you and what positions you hold?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    9,333
    So making a statement like I only thought I had arrogant narcissitic tendencies until I read your posts would be a statement of fact and not insulting?

    I just want to make sure I know what you consider an insult and what you do not.

    My position is that both mainstream parties participate in bread and circus politics and ignore any concept of the limited role and power of government at the federal level and it will ultimately be the fall of our government as we understand it. As this board still holds a rule against specific politics I will not go more into depth on it other than to note it is historically supported

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    So making a statement like I only thought I had arrogant narcissitic tendencies until I read your posts would be a statement of fact and not insulting?

    I just want to make sure I know what you consider an insult and what you do not.

    My position is that both mainstream parties participate in bread and circus politics and ignore any concept of the limited role and power of government at the federal level and it will ultimately be the fall of our government as we understand it. As this board still holds a rule against specific politics I will not go more into depth on it other than to note it is historically supported
    posting correctional facts isn't arrogant or narcissistic, but its interesting you think that is.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Patience is a virtue
    Posts
    579

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    posting correctional facts isn't arrogant or narcissistic, but its interesting you think that is.
    Go away.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    458
    Interesting that the Fox News story seems to condemn the program and the Huffington Post story seems to condemn the man making the money.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...p_ref=business

    Two sides to every story as they say.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    port st. lousey fl origin
    Posts
    2,856
    Quote Originally Posted by emcl29
    Two sides to every story as they say.
    Unless you work for NBC then you just make it up as you go

    Sorry it off OP

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    9,333
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    posting correctional facts isn't arrogant or narcissistic, but its interesting you think that is.
    Actually being correct is not mutually exclusive to being an arrogant narcissistic jerk.

    Again, I am just stating a fact.
    Last edited by Lohman446; 10-10-2012 at 10:07 PM.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    458
    I found this to actually be very informative:

    http://www.factcheck.org/2012/05/con...l-phone-claim/

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Massassachussessetts
    Posts
    3,246
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    judging from this thread, it looks like a day to show how uninformed half the population is because of there rumor mill conservative media.
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    I have not stated an opinion in this thread politically, so you cannot agree or disagree with my politics. i have only posted the debunking of OPs claims. because, they are simply false.
    You are such a buffoon

    Why don't you go back to that one paintball site where children blindly respect you? It might help keep that ego inflated.

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    Actually being correct is not mutually exclusive to being an arrogant narcissistic jerk.

    Again, I am just stating a fact.
    and again, i think its funny that by posting the correct facts about obamaphone, you think i am being "an arrogant narcissistic jerk."

    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    You are such a buffoon

    Why don't you go back to that one paintball site where children blindly respect you? It might help keep that ego inflated.
    your two quotes don't reveal anything new or interesting. i already explained them fully.

    Quote Originally Posted by emcl29
    I found this to actually be very informative:

    http://www.factcheck.org/2012/05/con...l-phone-claim/
    ah, someone else who is interested in facts. since no one else will give you a warm welcome and will call you "an arrogant narcissistic jerk" for posting good information correcting OP, i will have to. welcome to the train-wreck that is the AO obamaphone thread.

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,146
    Go away.

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    9,333
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    ah, someone else who is interested in facts. since no one else will give you a warm welcome and will call you "an arrogant narcissistic jerk" for posting good information correcting OP, i will have to. welcome to the train-wreck that is the AO obamaphone thread.
    I find it interesting that you believe I called you that as looking back I never actually did.

    I would not apply it to emcl29 as he was actually able to post information without being condescending which is an important trait in having viable poltiical discussion.

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    I find it interesting that you believe I called you that as looking back I never actually did.

    I would not apply it to emcl29 as he was actually able to post information without being condescending which is an important trait in having viable poltiical discussion.
    The real irony is that I am very much an arrogant narcissistic jerk

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    I would not apply it to emcl29 as he was actually able to post information without being condescending which is an important trait in having viable poltiical discussion.
    my post:

    his post:

    Quote Originally Posted by emcl29
    I found this to actually be very informative:

    http://www.factcheck.org/2012/05/con...l-phone-claim/

    so what you saying is that i need to preface all my links with "I found this to actually be very informative" and then i don't come off looking like "an arrogant and narcissistic jerk?" but of course posting a link, without commentary or opinion, makes me an arrogant and narcissistic jerk?

    ok, that makes sense. if its that easy, i'll remember to do that next time
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-11-2012 at 10:38 AM.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    9,333
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    my post:



    his post:




    so what you saying is that i need to preface all my links with "I found this to actually be very informative" and then i don't come off looking like "an arrogant and narcissistic jerk?" but of course posting a link, without commentary or opinion, makes me an arrogant and narcissistic jerk?

    ok, that makes sense. if its that easy, i'll remember to do that next time
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    judging from this thread, it looks like a day to show how uninformed half the population is because of there rumor mill conservative media.
    Nice card stacking argument where you ignore any evidence (such as your own insulting statement) that does not support your own conclusion. Its considered a fallacy of logic for a reason.

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    Nice card stacking argument where you ignore any evidence (such as your own insulting statement) that does not support your own conclusion. Its considered a fallacy of logic for a reason.
    that post is not insulting, its purely factual. and the thread was already tranwrecked by people calling me names for merely posting that link. some even stepped over the line and into flaming me quite personally. all before i said a single word in this thread.

    so no, you can't even claim that.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    9,333
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    that post is not insulting, its purely factual. and the thread was already tranwrecked by people calling me names for merely posting that link. some even stepped over the line and into flaming me quite personally. all before i said a single word in this thread.

    so no, you can't even claim that.
    I see one post that insulted you directly by one person. And if you cannot see how what you said was insulting and condescending there is a valid argument that said poster may have been right. If said argument can be made perhaps he was simply stating something he believed to be purely factual which, by your logic, would not be insulting.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Nexus 6 Lollipop !
    Posts
    4,552

    Wink

    The program does exist.
    The free phone is a fact.
    Just because you don't like the mocking nickname
    doesn't mean it doesn't exist.


  25. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    The program does exist.
    The free phone is a fact.
    Just because you don't like the mocking nickname
    doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

    no where did i content that a program for low income families/folks to get cell phones didn't exist.

    swing and a miss.

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    some even stepped over the line and into flaming me quite personally
    It's kind of hard not too when you've made a name for yourself as being a complete douche bag. Your opinion and status here has and always will be considered irrelevant. And calling anything you find on the internet as "purely factual" explains a lot about you.

    Stop Trolling.

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    I see one post that insulted you directly by one person. And if you cannot see how what you said was insulting and condescending there is a valid argument that said poster may have been right. If said argument can be made perhaps he was simply stating something he believed to be purely factual which, by your logic, would not be insulting.
    facts are not insulting or condescending. posting a correction to someones false information is not insulting or condescending. if you form your opinion on false information, and feel insulted when someone posts a correction, thats your problem, not mine. im not going to sugar coat it for you.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    It's kind of hard not too when you've made a name for yourself as being a complete douche bag. Your opinion and status here has and always will be considered irrelevant. And calling anything you find on the internet as "purely factual" explains a lot about you.
    i have never stated an opinion, and have never claimed a status. i also never claimed anything i found was purely factual.

    swing and a miss.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    9,333
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    facts are not insulting or condescending. posting a correction to someones false information is not insulting or condescending. if you form your opinion on false information, and feel insulted when someone posts a correction, thats your problem, not mine. im not going to sugar coat it for you.
    None of my posts had anything to do with the content of the information offered in this thread.

    When you feel the need to correct someone in a condescending manner rather than simply offering the information it speaks of arrogance and narcissism. Its the reason why reasonable political discourse often does not occur.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    None of my posts had anything to do with the content of the information offered in this thread.

    When you feel the need to correct someone in a condescending manner rather than simply offering the information it speaks of arrogance and narcissism. Its the reason why reasonable political discourse often does not occur.
    this is my first post in this thread, the one that destroyed the thread, 100% complete and unedited:

    so, lohamn, is this post

    A - "correct(ing) someone in a condescending manner"

    or

    B - "simply offering (up) the information"

    you tell me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •