Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama Phone ?

Question Obama Phone ?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tpAOwJvTOio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://obamaphone.net

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zJA6hn0Pnwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What do they call it when you pay people to vote for you... There's a word for that, right?

i like videos like that,
    funny for a few seconds then when i think about it,
    it is sad.

Is the alternative any better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJdtcolE4wM

people in general are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by emcl29
    Is the alternative any better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJdtcolE4wM

Ignorant, but not asking for free ****. Except the mentally handicapped guy, but...

Juvenal in Satire X wrote about the danger of bread and games (or bread and circus) politics. It applies today.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

I like this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0peV0GxRAc

feel free to discuss about loss of fail in humanity in:

GO

Exclamation

That is of course incorrect.

Do you want to know the truth ?

Its been around for a lot longer than that.

Why take the word of a self avowed liberal democratic activist (the author of the above article) ?

Why not go to the horses mouth ?

http://obamaphone.net/what-is-the-obama-phone

idot

"The program expanded to include cell phones in 2008. That change has rapidly increased the cost to the federal government—$1.6 billion in 2011, up from $772 million in 2008. The number of Lifeline beneficiaries rose from 7.1 million to 12.5 million during the same period; cell phones account for roughly half of that 12.5 million."

ObamaPhones Profiting ObamaDonors

The "universal service fee" was sold as a bill of good to the American public for the purpose of bringing out of the way rural areas phone service. It looks like it was expanded in the Bush era (not sure if by GW himself of congress, with GW signing it obviously) to include subsidizing landline service for low income households.

Another perfect example of how once an entitlement gets put in place it grows out of control and becomes impossible to get rid of.

Since when did phone service become a right? If the aim is provide access to emergecy services to those without phones why not give them phone that can only dial emergency numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by correia3
    Since when did phone service become a right? If the aim is provide access to emergecy services to those without phones why not give them phone that can only dial emergency numbers?
    Because that isn't good enough to buy a vote with.

Crap like this upsets me. I realize there is a need for some sorts of public assistance, but at what point is the line crossed from a helping hand to a handout? My wife works for the local school system as a secretary and makes about $20k/year + insurance benefits. The benefits are the ONLY reason she keeps this job as they are worth an additional 20k or so per year. Plus it gives her most of the summer off. She works hard for what she makes.

Only reason I mention her job is that she sees all the people that come in that are on some sort of assistance. IIRC, nearly 40% + of the students in our school system are receiving free/reduced lunches. And since they qualify for that, they also get their school fees waived. Most of these people also fall below the income line and pay little to any local school taxes and/or income taxes. I will also note that MANY of them are unwed. Even in cases where the father or a live in boyfriend is in the picture. They also continue to have kids!

Further, it angers me to no end watching someone throw down their WIC voucher and then pull out a wad of cash to buy their 3-4 packs of cigarettes.

I could go on for days about this. The system is soooo broken.
    Last edited by OPBN; 10-09-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Stuff like this makes me rage. My wife and I work out butts off to have what we have and so many people simply don't. I'm honestly so fed up with it that I have actually considered divorcing my wife so that she can qualify for all the free crap. The system is broken.
    You think that's bad. A friend of mine was renting his house out to HUD in a semi large city. According to his neighbor to said house and good friend, the people that moved in is a women, unmarried, 5 kids, driving a 6 series BMW and her boyfriend that lives there as well which is also her babies daddy and works for some big corp is running around in a '11 Escalade.

They pay $120 a month of the $2000+ rent he receives from the city. Talk about F'ed up. The moment he found out he talked to the city but the city didnt give a crap.

People do this all the time around here. The bad part is the kids see this and the parrents show them how its done, basically enabling their children and the cycle continues but is multiplied by how many kids she pushes out. It's only going to get worse as time passes and our economy is going to be crushed due to it. In Baltimore, it's a way of life and is encouraged by the parasite parents around here.

Quote Originally Posted by correia3
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    idot

"The program expanded to include cell phones in 2008. That change has rapidly increased the cost to the federal government—$1.6 billion in 2011, up from $772 million in 2008. The number of Lifeline beneficiaries rose from 7.1 million to 12.5 million during the same period; cell phones account for roughly half of that 12.5 million."

ObamaPhones Profiting ObamaDonors

The "universal service fee" was sold as a bill of good to the American public for the purpose of bringing out of the way rural areas phone service. It looks like it was expanded in the Bush era (not sure if by GW himself of congress, with GW signing it obviously) to include subsidizing landline service for low income households.

Another perfect example of how once an entitlement gets put in place it grows out of control and becomes impossible to get rid of.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Because that isn't good enough to buy a vote with.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Crap like this upsets me. I realize there is a need for some sorts of public assistance, but at what point is the line crossed from a helping hand to a handout? My wife works for the local school system as a secretary and makes about $20k/year + insurance benefits. The benefits are the ONLY reason she keeps this job as they are worth an additional 20k or so per year. Plus it gives her most of the summer off. She works hard for what she makes.

Only reason I mention her job is that she sees all the people that come in that are on some sort of assistance. IIRC, nearly 40% + of the students in our school system are receiving free/reduced lunches. And since they qualify for that, they also get their school fees waived. Most of these people also fall below the income line and pay little to any local school taxes and/or income taxes. I will also note that MANY of them are unwed. Even in cases where the father or a live in boyfriend is in the picture. They also continue to have kids!

Further, it angers me to no end watching someone throw down their WIC voucher and then pull out a wad of cash to buy their 3-4 packs of cigarettes.

I could go on for days about this. The system is soooo broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    You think that's bad. A friend of mine was renting his house out to HUD in a semi large city. According to his neighbor to said house and good friend, the people that moved in is a women, unmarried, 5 kids, driving a 6 series BMW and her boyfriend that lives there as well which is also her babies daddy and works for some big corp is running around in a '11 Escalade.

They pay $120 a month of the $2000+ rent he receives from the city. Talk about F'ed up. The moment he found out he talked to the city but the city didnt give a crap.

People do this all the time around here. The bad part is the kids see this and the parrents show them how its done, basically enabling their children and the cycle continues but is multiplied by how many kids she pushes out. It's only going to get worse as time passes and our economy is going to be crushed due to it. In Baltimore, it's a way of life and is encouraged by the parasite parents around here.

facts > AO OT

obamaphone.net has been a scam website from the beginning. hundreds of sources have confirmed this. i mean c'mon guys, its OBAMAPHONE.NET .... should have been your first hint its made up. lets at least think for a second before we go off the handle.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-09-2012 at 10:33 AM.

You should listen to Cockerpunk. He knows everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    You should listen to Cockerpunk. He knows everything.
    That's because he's an engineer

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    facts > AO OT

obamaphone.net has been a scam website from the beginning. hundreds of sources have confirmed this. i mean c'mon guys, its OBAMAPHONE.NET .... should have been your first hint its made up. lets at least think for a second before we go off the handle.
    goin off the handle again.....

wait for it......

Never learns.

It's a shame that something like Life Link got so twisted into another gimme program.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by pillage
    It's a shame that something like Life Link got so twisted into another gimme program.
    Its what they do (the government/politicians )

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    Its what they do (the government/politicians )

Well in about three weeks, we will get to voice our opinions on the National Day of Displeasure. It is the first Tuesday in November.

Quote Originally Posted by pillage
    Well in about three weeks, we will get to voice our opinions on the National Day of Displeasure. It is the first Tuesday in November.
    judging from this thread, it looks like a day to show how uninformed half the population is because of there rumor mill conservative media.

judging from this thread, it looks like a day to show how uninformed half the population is because of there rumor mill conservative media.
    Thats they key to reasonable political discourse.

Anyone who does not agree with me is uniformed, uneducated, or just plain stupid...

Rather than putting together a logical argument complete with facts and premises, or poltely pointing out flaws in others premises we will just use sound bites and insults to prove our superior position
    Last edited by Lohman446; 10-10-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    Thats they key to reasonable political discourse.

Anyone who does not agree with me is uniformed, uneducated, or just plain stupid...

Rather than putting together a logical argument complete with facts and premises, or poltely pointing out flaws in others premises we will just use sound bites and insults to prove our superior position
    you can take whatever political stance you want to, but obamaphone, as the conservative media has painted it, is simply factually incorrect. I have not stated an opinion in this thread politically, so you cannot agree or disagree with my politics. i have only posted the debunking of OPs claims. because, they are simply false.

you can take whatever political stance you want to, but obamaphone, as the conservative media has painted it, is simply factually incorrect. I have not stated an opinion in this thread politically, so you cannot agree or disagree with my politics. i have only posted the debunking of OPs claims. because, they are simply false.
    Right. No attempt at insult in your posts anywhere. My bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    Right. No attempt at insult in your posts anywhere. My bad...
    interesting that you find facts insulting.

what does this say about your position?