Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama Phone ?

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk
    interesting that you find facts insulting.

what does this say about your position?
    What position? That Juvenal wrote in Satire X about the dangers of bread and circus politics?

My position is that the historical dangers to a democracy or republic of bread and circus politics are well established. Is that really in dispute?
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    What position? That Juvenal wrote in Satire X about the dangers of bread and circus politics?

My position is that the historical dangers to a democracy or republic of bread and circus politics are well established. Is that really in dispute?
    you said i tried to insult someone, i did no such thing. and you accused me of rejecting anyone's opinion that was not mine, yet i have not stated an opinion in this thread.

just going off what you respond with. if you feel insulted by my posts that simply show OP being wrong, false, not factual, then what does that say about you position.

you said i tried to insult someone, i did no such thing. and you accused me of rejecting anyone's opinion that was not mine, yet i have not stated an opinion in this thread.

just going off what you respond with. if you feel insulted by my posts that simply show OP being wrong, false, not factual, then what does that say about you position.

judging from this thread, it looks like a day to show how uninformed half the population is because of there rumor mill conservative media.
    You are going to have to explain this to me. Roughly half of the voting population votes for a particular candidate. Explain to me about your uninformed half and exactly who you were refering to as the "uniformed half of the population because of there rumor mill conservative media". I will also beg your forgiveness while I ask how that was not insulting?

I stated a single premise involving the writing of Juvenal. My premise was accurate. It should not be misconstrued as a conclusion. My position is that the dangers of bread and circus politics are well established in history. Are you debating that those were the writings of Juvenal or that bread and circus politics are not perilous to engage in?

My other statement is that civil political discourse cannot exist when we simply label the other side "uniformed" (or ignorant, or stupid, or...)

You are going to have to explain this to me. Roughly half of the voting population votes for a particular candidate. Explain to me about your uninformed half and exactly who you were refering to as the "uniformed half of the population because of there rumor mill conservative media". I will also beg your forgiveness while I ask how that was not insulting?

I stated a single premise involving the writing of Juvenal. My premise was accurate. It should not be misconstrued as a conclusion. My position is that the dangers of bread and circus politics are well established in history. Are you debating that those were the writings of Juvenal or that bread and circus politics are not perilous to engage in?

My other statement is that civil political discourse cannot exist when we simply label the other side "uniformed" (or ignorant, or stupid, or...)
    there is nothing insulting to anyone in that post. just pointing out that many in this thread, even the guy who said what i was responding to, previously had voiced support to OP and his version of obamaphone.

and that version of obamaphone is incorrect.

ergo, he, and anyone else basing there "dissatisfaction" of the current president on that version of obamaphone is misinformed. thats again, just the facts.

where did they get this information? from the conservative media and blogosphere.

be dissatisfied with the president, i don't care, but at least do it for factually correct reasons.

show how uninformed half the population is
    You honestly do not see this as insulting?

You honestly do not see this as insulting?
    if its demonstrably true, as is the case here in this thread, no thats not insulting.

if you or anyone else thinks the conservative medias version of obamaphone is true, then you are misinformed.

again, those are just the facts. if you find them insulting, what does that say about you and what positions you hold?

So making a statement like I only thought I had arrogant narcissitic tendencies until I read your posts would be a statement of fact and not insulting?

I just want to make sure I know what you consider an insult and what you do not.

My position is that both mainstream parties participate in bread and circus politics and ignore any concept of the limited role and power of government at the federal level and it will ultimately be the fall of our government as we understand it. As this board still holds a rule against specific politics I will not go more into depth on it other than to note it is historically supported

So making a statement like I only thought I had arrogant narcissitic tendencies until I read your posts would be a statement of fact and not insulting?

I just want to make sure I know what you consider an insult and what you do not.

My position is that both mainstream parties participate in bread and circus politics and ignore any concept of the limited role and power of government at the federal level and it will ultimately be the fall of our government as we understand it. As this board still holds a rule against specific politics I will not go more into depth on it other than to note it is historically supported
    posting correctional facts isn't arrogant or narcissistic, but its interesting you think that is.

posting correctional facts isn't arrogant or narcissistic, but its interesting you think that is.
    Go away.

Interesting that the Fox News story seems to condemn the program and the Huffington Post story seems to condemn the man making the money.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...p_ref=business

Two sides to every story as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by emcl29
    Two sides to every story as they say.
    Unless you work for NBC then you just make it up as you go

Sorry it off OP

Actually being correct is not mutually exclusive to being an arrogant narcissistic jerk.

Again, I am just stating a fact.
    Last edited by Lohman446; 10-10-2012 at 09:07 PM.

I found this to actually be very informative:

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/05/con...l-phone-claim/

judging from this thread, it looks like a day to show how uninformed half the population is because of there rumor mill conservative media.
    I have not stated an opinion in this thread politically, so you cannot agree or disagree with my politics. i have only posted the debunking of OPs claims. because, they are simply false.
    You are such a buffoon

Why don't you go back to that one paintball site where children blindly respect you? It might help keep that ego inflated.

Actually being correct is not mutually exclusive to being an arrogant narcissistic jerk.

Again, I am just stating a fact.
    and again, i think its funny that by posting the correct facts about obamaphone, you think i am being "an arrogant narcissistic jerk."

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    You are such a buffoon

Why don't you go back to that one paintball site where children blindly respect you? It might help keep that ego inflated.
    your two quotes don't reveal anything new or interesting. i already explained them fully.

ah, someone else who is interested in facts. since no one else will give you a warm welcome and will call you "an arrogant narcissistic jerk" for posting good information correcting OP, i will have to. welcome to the train-wreck that is the AO obamaphone thread.

Go away.

ah, someone else who is interested in facts. since no one else will give you a warm welcome and will call you "an arrogant narcissistic jerk" for posting good information correcting OP, i will have to. welcome to the train-wreck that is the AO obamaphone thread.
    I find it interesting that you believe I called you that as looking back I never actually did.

I would not apply it to emcl29 as he was actually able to post information without being condescending which is an important trait in having viable poltiical discussion.

I find it interesting that you believe I called you that as looking back I never actually did.

I would not apply it to emcl29 as he was actually able to post information without being condescending which is an important trait in having viable poltiical discussion.
    The real irony is that I am very much an arrogant narcissistic jerk

my post:

his post:

so what you saying is that i need to preface all my links with "I found this to actually be very informative" and then i don't come off looking like "an arrogant and narcissistic jerk?" but of course posting a link, without commentary or opinion, makes me an arrogant and narcissistic jerk?

ok, that makes sense. if its that easy, i'll remember to do that next time
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-11-2012 at 09:38 AM.

my post:

his post:

so what you saying is that i need to preface all my links with "I found this to actually be very informative" and then i don't come off looking like "an arrogant and narcissistic jerk?" but of course posting a link, without commentary or opinion, makes me an arrogant and narcissistic jerk?

ok, that makes sense. if its that easy, i'll remember to do that next time
    Nice card stacking argument where you ignore any evidence (such as your own insulting statement) that does not support your own conclusion. Its considered a fallacy of logic for a reason.

Nice card stacking argument where you ignore any evidence (such as your own insulting statement) that does not support your own conclusion. Its considered a fallacy of logic for a reason.
    that post is not insulting, its purely factual. and the thread was already tranwrecked by people calling me names for merely posting that link. some even stepped over the line and into flaming me quite personally. all before i said a single word in this thread.

so no, you can't even claim that.

that post is not insulting, its purely factual. and the thread was already tranwrecked by people calling me names for merely posting that link. some even stepped over the line and into flaming me quite personally. all before i said a single word in this thread.

so no, you can't even claim that.
    I see one post that insulted you directly by one person. And if you cannot see how what you said was insulting and condescending there is a valid argument that said poster may have been right. If said argument can be made perhaps he was simply stating something he believed to be purely factual which, by your logic, would not be insulting.

Wink

The program does exist.
    The free phone is a fact.
    Just because you don't like the mocking nickname
    doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    The program does exist.
    The free phone is a fact.
    Just because you don't like the mocking nickname
    doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

no where did i content that a program for low income families/folks to get cell phones didn't exist.

swing and a miss.

some even stepped over the line and into flaming me quite personally
    It's kind of hard not too when you've made a name for yourself as being a complete douche bag. Your opinion and status here has and always will be considered irrelevant. And calling anything you find on the internet as "purely factual" explains a lot about you.

Stop Trolling.

I see one post that insulted you directly by one person. And if you cannot see how what you said was insulting and condescending there is a valid argument that said poster may have been right. If said argument can be made perhaps he was simply stating something he believed to be purely factual which, by your logic, would not be insulting.
    facts are not insulting or condescending. posting a correction to someones false information is not insulting or condescending. if you form your opinion on false information, and feel insulted when someone posts a correction, thats your problem, not mine. im not going to sugar coat it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ando
    It's kind of hard not too when you've made a name for yourself as being a complete douche bag. Your opinion and status here has and always will be considered irrelevant. And calling anything you find on the internet as "purely factual" explains a lot about you.
    i have never stated an opinion, and have never claimed a status. i also never claimed anything i found was purely factual.

swing and a miss.

facts are not insulting or condescending. posting a correction to someones false information is not insulting or condescending. if you form your opinion on false information, and feel insulted when someone posts a correction, thats your problem, not mine. im not going to sugar coat it for you.
    None of my posts had anything to do with the content of the information offered in this thread.

When you feel the need to correct someone in a condescending manner rather than simply offering the information it speaks of arrogance and narcissism. Its the reason why reasonable political discourse often does not occur.

None of my posts had anything to do with the content of the information offered in this thread.

When you feel the need to correct someone in a condescending manner rather than simply offering the information it speaks of arrogance and narcissism. Its the reason why reasonable political discourse often does not occur.
    this is my first post in this thread, the one that destroyed the thread, 100% complete and unedited:

so, lohamn, is this post

A - "correct(ing) someone in a condescending manner"

or

B - "simply offering (up) the information"

you tell me.