View Poll Results: Make a body that accepts which valve

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alumnium classic RT body for X valve

    24 48.98%
  • Alumnium classic RT body for stock classic RT valve

    25 51.02%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 67

Thread: Classic RT Aluminum ULE body/ ULE Rail Milling

  1. #1

    Classic RT Aluminum ULE body/ ULE Rail Milling

    Im in the process of doing R&D on the classic RT to make it lighter, accept autococker barrels and Angel feednecks/detents.

    With a main focus on weight reduction i have made a prototype vert feed classic RT body out of aluminum and made it accept an x valve instead of doing an over the valve design that uses the stock stainless steel RT valve. I HAVE REDUCED THE WEIGHT OF THE GUN BY 1LB 1OZ SO FAR!!!!! The next phase of the R&D project is to develop ULE rail milling to reduce the weight even more.


    Is there more interest in doing a body that accepts the stock Classic RT valve? The downside is there is only a 7 ounce weight savings by doing this. The stock valve is heavy.....there are also allot of guns out there that are leaking because the bore in the rail that the banjo bolt goes through is worn out.

    Participate in the pole and let me know if you would be interested. I will do a run if we can get 15 units sold.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,956
    Make them both..



    You're killing my wallet btw.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,169
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Make them both..



    You're killing my wallet btw.
    who needs money anyways.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,956
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    who needs money anyways.
    Apparently I do, if I ever plan on getting laid again. Hookers arent cheap these days.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,169
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    Apparently I do, if I ever plan on getting laid again. Hookers arent cheap these days.
    mmmmhmm hookers.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    88
    Stock RT valve. If people want it sorter, charge an extra $5 to cut it off or let them do it.

    I do want one but the only thing I probably wont like is the feedneck area like on your MM bodies. I understand about the machining but I would pay more for smoother lines.

  7. #7
    what is the cost?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fox Paintball Territory
    Posts
    779
    I would like to see smoother lines and leave the area rounded at the bottom screw. Is there a reason this is cut out? I can't see one and seems like extra machining. I would think AGD did it for a reason on their ULE bodies?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Londonderry, NH
    Posts
    1,331
    I know that I'm probably in the minority, but I'm still voting for a 100% compatible ule body for the classic rt. TL barrel and valve.

    There's A LOT of classic rt's out there which have not seen much love in upgrades due to its valve design. A ule body will be a significant upgrade while still retaining its unique and classic design.

    Although, I do understand that it caters to a much smaller audience and may not bring the same numbers as the mm body.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Duesseldorf, Germany
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by oldironmudder
    Stock RT valve. If people want it sorter, charge an extra $5 to cut it off or let them do it.

    I do want one but the only thing I probably wont like is the feedneck area like on your MM bodies. I understand about the machining but I would pay more for smoother lines.


    Yep.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,146
    Is there enough meat on the body to make a screw on back for those that want to keep it original and use the original valves? Those that don't can unscrew the back and convert it for a X or lv 7 valve....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,956
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG
    I know that I'm probably in the minority, but I'm still voting for a 100% compatible ule body for the classic rt. TL barrel and valve.

    There's A LOT of classic rt's out there which have not seen much love in upgrades due to its valve design. A ule body will be a significant upgrade while still retaining its unique and classic design.

    Although, I do understand that it caters to a much smaller audience and may not bring the same numbers as the mm body.

    There are a lot of Classic RTs out there.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    9,333
    Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG
    I know that I'm probably in the minority, but I'm still voting for a 100% compatible ule body for the classic rt. TL barrel and valve.

    There's A LOT of classic rt's out there which have not seen much love in upgrades due to its valve design. A ule body will be a significant upgrade while still retaining its unique and classic design.

    Although, I do understand that it caters to a much smaller audience and may not bring the same numbers as the mm body.
    Hush.

    Before you do this can you let me know so I can buy up all the neglected classic RTs out there? These are the "steal" of the current mag market.

    I would like to see it work with the stock valve as well - and keep the air through rail thing.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Maine, New York
    Posts
    1,179
    I voted for stock valve.

    XMT, do you plan on making an entirely new ULE gas-thru rail or are you planning to mill existing rails?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover
    what is the cost?
    Not sure on the cost yet...It will be a little more expensive than the ULE minimag body i did....because the classic RT body is longer (more material and exponentially more machining time caused by long boring bars)

  16. #16
    I can really only make these vert feed (or warp feed maybe).....power feed would require welding and thats a big no no if you plan to anodize the body.

    Keep voting on which version you would like to see made.

    I really lean in favor of making the body accept an x valve...because you only save 6 or 7 oz of weight by swapping out the body....with an x valve and ule milling it will be aprox 1lb 4 oz of savings!!!!!!!! Thats huge!!!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by splat15k
    I voted for stock valve.

    XMT, do you plan on making an entirely new ULE gas-thru rail or are you planning to mill existing rails?

    I will offer ULE milling services on your existing rail.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunny Florida- Woot!
    Posts
    4,839
    Just my .02 because I don't have a Classic RT, nor do I plan on buying one. There are a fair amount of options for non-Classic RT valved markers in regards to bodies. There are little to no options for Classic RT valved markers. Either make the body so that it accepts a spacer to fit Classic RT's if you want to make it work for X valves as well or make a run specifically for Classic RT's.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Just my .02 because I don't have a Classic RT, nor do I plan on buying one. There are a fair amount of options for non-Classic RT valved markers in regards to bodies. There are little to no options for Classic RT valved markers. Either make the body so that it accepts a spacer to fit Classic RT's if you want to make it work for X valves as well or make a run specifically for Classic RT's.

    The RT is unique in the fact that the sear is aprox .07 off position from an emag or RT pro....so the classic RT body will only work on a classic RT. I might also make some bodies just like the minimag bodies but with the RT holes in the front to fit all other mags. So many projects...so little time!!!LOL

    From the looks of it so far more than half would like to use the stock valve...

    I will not be making just one length of body and chopping it off to fit an x valve....too much wasted machine time and material. I will do a preorder and people can buy what they want. as always with the mag aftermarket parts business in this age/economy its too hard to predict how to make.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunny Florida- Woot!
    Posts
    4,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror
    The RT is unique in the fact that the sear is aprox .07 off position from an emag or RT pro....so the classic RT body will only work on a classic RT. I might also make some bodies just like the minimag bodies but with the RT holes in the front to fit all other mags. So many projects...so little time!!!LOL

    From the looks of it so far more than half would like to use the stock valve...

    I will not be making just one length of body and chopping it off to fit an x valve....too much wasted machine time and material. I will do a preorder and people can buy what they want. as always with the mag aftermarket parts business in this age/economy its too hard to predict how to make.
    Than either I am missing something or don't really see the reason for making body that houses an X valve, but fits Classic RT lowers. You are discarding what makes the Classic RT a Classic RT by getting rid of the valve. The air through rail is neat on the CRT, but would be negated when using an X.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Than either I am missing something or don't really see the reason for making body that houses an X valve, but fits Classic RT lowers. You are discarding what makes the Classic RT a Classic RT by getting rid of the valve. The air through rail is neat on the CRT, but would be negated when using an X.

    Its just another option for classic RT owners that want to make their guns lightweight! Chances are i will make the body in both versions

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Than either I am missing something or don't really see the reason for making body that houses an X valve, but fits Classic RT lowers. You are discarding what makes the Classic RT a Classic RT by getting rid of the valve. The air through rail is neat on the CRT, but would be negated when using an X.
    Agree 100%! If this is done to fit an x valve, there will be a bunch of the stock valves with no use. There are already a number of options for the x valve. Lets put the stock valve to use! Any thoughts on making a warp body an option? Also, is the front gonna be like the mm bodies with slots or holes; square end or will it be cut back like the stock body?

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79
    Agree 100%! If this is done to fit an x valve, there will be a bunch of the stock valves with no use. There are already a number of options for the x valve. Lets put the stock valve to use! Any thoughts on making a warp body an option? Also, is the front gonna be like the mm bodies with slots or holes; square end or will it be cut back like the stock body?

    It will look just like the original classic RT body. I still think there is a demand for those that want to cut over a pound off their RT.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunny Florida- Woot!
    Posts
    4,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror
    It will look just like the original classic RT body. I still think there is a demand for those that want to cut over a pound off their RT.
    I realize a lot of people have more money than brains, but I can't imagine someone spending $400 ( Xvalve + body) to convert a $200 marker and then get left with a valve and body that are worthless. I can understand someone maybe spending the $200 for the body to convert thair CRT over to a vert feed with AC barrel capabilities and proper detents.

    I also think that people may buy a Classic RT styled body to replace their RTPro SS bodies to have a faux CRT.

    Again, just my .02.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    I realize a lot of people have more money than brains, but I can't imagine someone spending $400 ( Xvalve + body) to convert a $200 marker and then get left with a valve and body that are worthless. I can understand someone maybe spending the $200 for the body to convert thair CRT over to a vert feed with AC barrel capabilities and proper detents.

    I also think that people may buy a Classic RT styled body to replace their RTPro SS bodies to have a faux CRT.

    Again, just my .02.
    Agree, again!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,146
    My .02.

    FYI....

    I have dibs on anyone selling their SS vert feed Classic RT body once they buy one of these
    Last edited by Ando; 10-08-2012 at 11:24 PM.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Nexus 6 Lollipop !
    Posts
    4,544

    Exclamation Xvalve On a Classic RT ?

    I couldnt wrap my head around that either.

    I'd own a classic RT if it wasnt for the twist lock barrel and powerfeed body, not a fan of either.

    But what the point of putting an Xvalve on a classic RT is escaped me.

    There are many ULE rail options for RT Pro's, not to mention custom bodies.

    But to the contrary, according to the poll looks like there may be a market for it.



  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79
    Agree, again!
    I can see your point....but lots of people have extra x valves..the weight reduction and ditching the banjo bolt
    Setup are worth it. Its 10/14 in the pole right now. If i can sell atleast 12 of each style ill do it.
    i like giving people options because everyone has their own idea of a perfect setup.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,956
    I think these should be twist lock. The stock classic RT barrels are awesome. There are also a bunch of those weird annoed cRTs out there... those owners probably wouldnt want a different body unless they could keep the matching barrels.

  30. #30
    RT CLASSIC!!!! vert would be cool, really never cared 4 the powerfeed. now twist lock or not we want to bring back the classic so it should b twist lock... if anything make some aluminum barrel converters twist lock to cocker! how about just a RT classic slug? that would bring a whole new beast into play!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •