Thread: Rebuild Kit for Classic Valve ?

Rebuild Kit for Classic Valve ?

Does AGD or anyone else make a complete rebuild kit for a classic valve ??? My Pnuemag is leaking air out of the hole in the velocity adjustment screw ... so I'm not sure whats causing this or what i need to chance .. i haven't owned a mag in 10 years before this ... so any help would be appreciated .. thanks

Have you oiled it recently? Is the velocity turned up to high? I believe the part you need is a reg seat if you've oiled it and the velocity is normal. I'm sure someone on the forums can hook you up with one, if not try Tunaman.

Are U running a lvl 10?

no , it is not level 10 .. and i personally never oiled the valve

Lol. Oil it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by *c-ro*
    Does AGD or anyone else make a complete rebuild kit for a classic valve ??? My Pnuemag is leaking air out of the hole in the velocity adjustment screw ... so I'm not sure whats causing this or what i need to chance .. i haven't owned a mag in 10 years before this ... so any help would be appreciated .. thanks
    If oiling it doesn't fix it. Action Village/ANS Gear had the best price on classic rebuild kits the last time I was looking.

A good cleaning is usually in order if there is leaking. That fixes most leaks. For classic mags, if the regulator seat oring is not brand new, then you will probably have to replace it if you take the valve halves apart. Once they age, you can never guarantee a good seal if the oring gets moved out of its original alignment.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Sometimes you can flip the reg seal over an use the other side

The reg seat doesn't work well flipped over. One end is typically smaller than the other due to the cut of the ring. The large end snaps into the rear half of the valve assembly. When you flip it over, the smaller end doesn't fit properly into the indentation so it doesn't stay properly centered. Also, when it gets aged, the urethane gets harder so there is greater tendency for leaking, especially if it is flipped.