Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO Update Time Line?!

AO Update Time Line?!

Since we put out our own money for the update

I feel a time line or even a plan of action should be posted

Almost a month has passed and we have yet to hear anything

We are still trying to get the master password into the system. Believe it or not. I have been out of town which doesn't help. I wouldn't expect this to happen quickly but I will post updates.

Tom

Unhappy

That picture is hilarious !

But back on subject, I'm not looking forward to not being able
    to log on to AO for a few days while they sort it all out either.

ill be honest ill proably sit in a corner pulling my hair out the whole time

Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    I wouldn't expect this to happen quickly but I will post updates.

Tom
    Oh...I was under the understanding that the site was prepped to crash any minute here. Like 10 minutes away from everything being gone.

there really is no set time for a server crash... otherwise we wouldnt worry about it. wouldnt you love a countdown to death on your computer so you know when to safeguard your personal stuff

Your lucky its here at all. We are one server crash away from oblivion.
    Tk
    Just seems odd to me that this was so pressing then...nothing.

No timeframe for the fix. No here is what you will get for the donations...no word at all. Nothing.

let me reiterate that tom did not think this was a pressing matter. we did, and we raised the money to replace the server.

tom did not come on and say "the server will crash next month and we need to do something ASAP"

all we did was help tom bring the lumber to the top of the mountain. now he's gotta build the house cause we're on break

Perhaps people that did not donate could not worry about it...

Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg
    Perhaps people that did not donate could not worry about it...
    *Cuts like a knife* J/K

The thing That gave most people the idea that we needed to hurry was the short time line given to raise the funds

If it wasnt so pressing then Why not Give us longer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Redic
    The thing That gave most people the idea that we needed to hurry was the short time line given to raise the funds

If it wasnt so pressing then Why not Give us longer ?
    Why did we need more time?

I don't think it would be a big deal to anyone here if the change doesn't happen for a few months... this big thing is that we would like a timeline to help us set our expectations (which doesn't seem unreasonable).

Obviously there is a TON of work that will go into moving everything over, and there would likely be some time needed to research options and whatnot... i wouldn't expect all that to be set in stone just yet. Maybe just a "i need 1 month to research everything, 2 weeks to get the prep work done, and i am shooting for the first week in December for the changeover" or something to that effect. Then if it looks like more time will be needed give us (AO) a post stating "i need more time because ______"

That would certainly keep me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by luke
    Why did we need more time?

My point is that it was a short time line and may have lead people to belive AO could crash any day

My point is that it was a short time line and may have lead people to belive AO could crash any day
    I dont know about you, but i would have donated anyhow just to ensure AO stays around in the future. Unless someone is so peeved that we dont have a timeline that they want their money back i think the best thing we can do is just request to get a timeline in place.

I didn't take it that way.

Looks to me like the decision to run it for 30 days was spot on, had it been set up for 90 days I would not have done anything different on my side.

So 30 days to get funded was short?

Once I get into the server and my guys can see what is involved I will post a plan of action.

TK

I offered some support - not nearly as much as some others. I did so because TK said this is how he wanted to fix AO and because he said that is what it would take. I did so knowing that other people that have far more subject matter expertise than I do felt there were more efficent ways to do this.

I did not feel that my support entitles me to anything more than an opinion that I am allowed to voice in a reasonable manner at the discretion of TK and the moderators.

I did not see a time frame listed as to when things would be done and my support was not contingent on it.

I did not see listing of changes I could expect and my support was not contingent on it.

I think if you gave support with contingencies you must have had more information then I did because I did not see any such contingencies.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Once I get into the server and my guys can see what is involved I will post a plan of action.

TK
    If it was not for Luke and his big donations
    I do not think it would have happened

But that is just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    I offered some support - not nearly as much as some others. I did so because TK said this is how he wanted to fix AO and because he said that is what it would take. I did so knowing that other people that have far more subject matter expertise than I do felt there were more efficent ways to do this.

I did not feel that my support entitles me to anything more than an opinion that I am allowed to voice in a reasonable manner at the discretion of TK and the moderators.

I did not see a time frame listed as to when things would be done and my support was not contingent on it.

I did not see listing of changes I could expect and my support was not contingent on it.

I think if you gave support with contingencies you must have had more information then I did because I did not see any such contingencies.
    truth

usefull posts: 7

TK

Doesn't much matter about the timeline - as we're completely funded by this point (though I did raise some concern about the short timeline myself.)

Man you people sure are demanding. The site wasn't going to instantly change once the fundraising was over. If you read anything on indiegogo.com it says it could take up to 2 weeks for the funds to be delivered.(why would you donate your own money to something without reading up on it?) So calm down people change will happen.

Also, the site wasn't going to suddenly crash. You guys wanted change on the site so TK opened a window to make it happen. All of this can be found right here on the forums. Do people read anymore?
    Last edited by steve_81; 10-11-2012 at 05:46 AM.

A time line is not much too much ask for

So what if it takes Two weeks to ge.t the money. Since there was a set amount I would assume that the amount of hours to finish the job was included. Which means there should at least be a loose time frame

Is one year a good time frame?

So let it be written...so let it be done.

A time line is not much too much ask for

So what if it takes Two weeks to ge.t the money. Since there was a set amount I would assume that the amount of hours to finish the job was included. Which means there should at least be a loose time frame
    If, when donating money, you expect there to be contingencies I suggest you ask for them prior to donating.
    Last edited by Lohman446; 10-11-2012 at 09:00 AM.

If, when donating money, you expect there to be contingencies I suggest you ask for them prior to donating.
    Thank you!

That was the big issue for a lot of people not donating. We probably would have hit the mark in a week if Tom had explained the reasoning to his madness a little better.