Thread: Are we close to getting the XMOD source code released?

Are we close to getting the XMOD source code released?

06-30-2008, 04:42 PM
    Link
    Quote Originally Posted by LorneCash
    ... I still have 20-30ish programmers here if I sell all of them I will post the fully commented source code on AO.
    and...

11-05-2012, 12:25 PM
    Link
    Quote Originally Posted by NiedTech Website
    I have exactly 5 XMOD programmers left and when they're gone I will not be getting any more.

So, are we really 5 sold programmers away from having Lorne post the fully commented source code for the XMOD software?

Last I was told tunaman was given all rights to xmod

That's interesting, I hadn't heard that extent. There is this on the website:
    "I have exclusively licensed Tunaman (tunaman5@comcast.net) to install the flash if you'd rather just get your gun flashed."

But I didn't think that meant Tuna owns the right to the source. Not saying he doesn't, just that I didn't know about it if he does. Tuna, wanna weigh in on this one?

If you can actually do something with the code, then you are capable of creating your own and wouldnt need it to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil
    If you can actually do something with the code, then you are capable of creating your own and wouldnt need it to begin with.
    That's somewhat true. But it takes a lot of time. I do know some programming languages, having mostly taught myself what I needed to know out of necessity. But for the most part that "teaching yourself" thing starts off as a lot of good examples to look through and modify. Also I'm finding that learning assembly is a bit different from other things such as C and C#. There's definitely a learning curve there, and I haven't taken the time to power through it.

I really like XMOD in its current state, but I'd like it even more if some of the excess ramping modes were exchanged for other things such as a game timer, shot count, etc. I do have some manuals and guides downloaded and printed out to make a winter project out of it. But.. you know... a shortcut would save a lot of time.

Probably not going to be an easy way on this one though. I do have some evenings free this winter though, so if I can stay awake while reading more on assembly language I might have something cranked out by spring. Whether that's 2013 or 2023 is a different story, lol