View Poll Results: Do you wear a cup when you play paintball?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always wear a cup

11 15.94%
  • Never wear a cup

53 76.81%
  • Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

5 7.25%

Thread: Quick Survey - cup usage?

Quick Survey - cup usage?

Just wondering how many other guys use a cup when they're playing paintball versus no protection down there.

Between my cup and my armor gloves and my poofy vest, I'm pretty much fearless on the field when it comes to getting shot.

K

never have, but i really should. i know i have gotten a few that came waaaay to close, one actually froze me for a few seconds waiting for the pain.

i wear paintball pants, there padded!!!

my buddy is sterile from getting hit in the nethers BEWARE

Paintball pants and a strategicly placed towel has saved me for the last 15 years.

i caught one in the gooch once... missed my twig and giggle berries by a half inch

Empire slider shorts work wonders. Knee pads and elbow pads are acceptable. Other than that all other protective body padding is for noobs.
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

dont think i ever heard of someone wearing a cup, the right pants u will b fine, though i hit a guy in the sack before.... it wasne on purpose i was snap shooting and he was wearing shorts and was crouching...

A guy at one of the fields I play at was wearing a cup for his batchlor party and had his "berries" slip between his cup and leg and was promptly hit on said cup by a shot, making it less of a protection device and more of a pinching device. Needless to say his bride to be wasnt very happy about it. The moral of story is if you wear a cup still be carful when it comes to being hit down there.

I always wear a cup...sorta. I use a remote line on an 88 and have to put it in a hoodie pouch. The weight sinks it down so... well you know it perfectly covers up plenty it just gives me trouble running unless I hold it and shoot one handed.

Nope, but I know a guy that sticks a peice of 1" foam down the front of his pants.

I saw a guy get drilled from about 20' away once. Guy was literally in the fetal position crying for like 10 minutes.

I wear a towel off my belt. This has been dubbed "junk protector".

I also go for a towel or old T-shirt hanging out of the front of my pants. It does double-duty. It slows the balls down just enough. It's also handy for cleaning up. I have a nice microfiber towel that I found in the auto section of some store. It's smaller than a bath towel but larger than a hand towel. It's pretty much the perfect size and it's dark gray.

Quote Originally Posted by MeŠiCX
    We call that one the loincloth around here.

Sometimes I do, Sometimes I don't. If it's summer and I'm playing in light basketball shorts, then yes, if its cool enough for paintball pants then no. Even still I've been "pill killed" twice now without, not fun.

i heard of this stroy back in 2003 where a guy got hit in his sack from feet away and they removed over a pint of blood from his ruptured testie

TMI, just TMI. I wish I never read that because that is just nasty.

When I started playing I wore a cup. Then stopped using it for years.
    Then I got hit square in the same nut twice within a two week span. Ever since then I wear a cup or pad in slider shorts, etc. Something to protect the twig and berries.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500
    TMI, just TMI. I wish I never read that because that is just nasty.
    well i still cant find it, so I guess youre lucky

Not really a laughing matter, but this thread is hilarious! Baahaha

I got squared in the lefty once, I went down faster than a drunken girl in stilettos!

Quote Originally Posted by OneSelfLost
    Not really a laughing matter, but this thread is hilarious! Baahaha

I got squared in the lefty once, I went down faster than a drunken girl in stilettos!

i feel that the worst hits are the ones I take while reffing. nuts or not, adrenaline takes alot of the ouch away.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    i feel that the worst hits are the ones I take while reffing. nuts or not, adrenaline takes alot of the ouch away.
    True dat. True dat. sometimes I dont even realize I get hit when I do some of the crazy stuff. I always have someone check to keep me staying in to minimal douchiness I hate robbing someone of a hit. only times I truly dont notice is when it hits the visor on my mask.

yes, i took one in the kidney from 20 feet away while reffing... and I went down... like quagmire at a yoga class

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    yes, i took one in the kidney from 20 feet away while reffing... and I went down... like quagmire at a yoga class

A puffy vest? Seriously? If you are that afraid of getting shot, why play?

Never wore a cup, decent paintball pants are usually enough.

i just always make sure my pants have padding there was playin down in flordia one time and had pants with no padding there took 1 right in the tip of my dick... did a full flip n couldnt move a welt on the tip of ur dick = no sex for a min.... sucked lol

Quote Originally Posted by MeŠiCX
    I do something similar. I just shove a waded up cloth in the cup holder of my slider shorts.

Underarmour Football shorts - better than any specifically branded paintball shorts I have ever found. softcup or some foam padding in the pocket and you are well protected.

Styg
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

buncha girls cant take a hit in the jimmies! psssh reffing and playing since about yea 94 hit in the sack once it just pissed me off lol my crouch was dirty ......