Thread: Few mag questions

Few mag questions

Fairly new to mags and have a few questions regarding them.
    Been playing for a few years and assembled a ULE mag a while back. Fell in love with the marker So now I have a few mag parts coming(noxious/m90/pump mag/benchmark frame) for fall and winter project.

1. I'm trying to buy grip panels from stinger for an M90 frame, w/c angel 90 grip panel will fit( A4 Fly 90^ or Speed 90^)?
    - Can I still buy this grip panels new(where?) or BST is my best bet? ............. http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8329/8...8065329b_c.jpg

2. I cleaned my xvalve(done playing this year) and I removed the 2 reg springs and cleaned it. But I noticed that there's grease on them. Can I just oil it and put it back or I really need to use grease on the reg springs(if so what grease are they?)
    - Is it a must to replace the reg seat after dis assembly of the X-valve?

3. Will the RPG ViperBlade Trigger or the Luke's Acis Trigger work for on an M90 frame?

4. What's the major diff bet an AM/MM sear and a RT sear? I only have the AM/MM right now so I have nothing to compare it to.

5. Regarding the wave spring and bumper for pump mags anywhere I can buy them from or its just the BST right now?

6. I have an x-valve w/lvl10 I'm planning on using on a pump mag. But it would be less finicky if I use it with a lvl7 bolt, so I would need to replace the lvl 10 (power tube cap and oring, carrier and oring, shims, power tube oring and washer) with that of a lvl 7 ( power tube cap and oring, carrier and washer)?

7. I have a classic valve with one star and I have seen some on the BST with 3 stars(?), what's the difference?

8. Did any of the Venomous Design evolution grips made it into the wild?

Thanks in advance for all the replies.

and this is my very 1st mag(still might change if I can get a hold of meph for his CF mod and I might try a benchmark frame) ... simple but it gets the job done ... and a head turner at times

1. Lukes customs makes some nice aluminum ones and are ULE milled to reduce weight. i think speed.Not fly.
    2. Not sure
    3. Yes for both.
    4. rt sear a shaft with threads at one end
    http://www.actionvillage.com/media/c...r_assembly.jpg
    http://www.planet-paintball.eu/image...agd/A31008.jpg
    5. not sure on that for ya.
    6. yes if you got from lvl 10 to lvl 7 you need to get the internals of the powertube and cap for the powertube.
    7. it use to be part of the servicing they offered. i dont think the stars apply anymore.
    8. still in progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by addbot
    Fairly new to mags and have a few questions regarding them.
    Been playing for a few years and assembled a ULE mag a while back. Fell in love with the marker So now I have a few mag parts coming(noxious/m90/pump mag/benchmark frame) for fall and winter project.

1. I'm trying to buy grip panels from stinger for an M90 frame, w/c angel 90 grip panel will fit( A4 Fly 90^ or Speed 90^)?
    - Can I still buy this grip panels new(where?) or BST is my best bet? ............. http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8329/8...8065329b_c.jpg

2. I cleaned my xvalve(done playing this year) and I removed the 2 reg springs and cleaned it. But I noticed that there's grease on them. Can I just oil it and put it back or I really need to use grease on the reg springs(if so what grease are they?)
    - Is it a must to replace the reg seat after dis assembly of the X-valve?

3. Will the RPG ViperBlade Trigger or the Luke's Acis Trigger work for on an M90 frame?

4. What's the major diff bet an AM/MM sear and a RT sear? I only have the AM/MM right now so I have nothing to compare it to.

5. Regarding the wave spring and bumper for pump mags anywhere I can buy them from or its just the BST right now?

6. I have an x-valve w/lvl10 I'm planning on using on a pump mag. But it would be less finicky if I use it with a lvl7 bolt, so I would need to replace the lvl 10 (power tube cap and oring, carrier and oring, shims, power tube oring and washer) with that of a lvl 7 ( power tube cap and oring, carrier and washer)?

7. I have a classic valve with one star and I have seen some on the BST with 3 stars(?), what's the difference?

8. Did any of the Venomous Design evolution grips made it into the wild?

Thanks in advance for all the replies.

and this is my very 1st mag(still might change if I can get a hold of meph for his CF mod and I might try a benchmark frame) ... simple but it gets the job done ... and a head turner at times

2. Oil will be fine. I cleaned all of mine and just keep them oiled.

2. The grease is there to keep the springs from rusting. The grease holds onto the springs better than oil. Oil has a tendency to dry up and leave the springs exposed to the elements which will cause them to rust. As long as the springs are wet with oil, it will work.

4. AM/MM sear is a flat sear. The RT sear has a brass bushing attached on each side of the sear. They fit different rails and use different sear pins due to those differences. The shape of the sear looking from the side is identical for both.

6. Definitely use a level 7 bolt with a pump mag. The level 10 bolt will leak all of the residual air out of the chamber after a shot unless the bolt is cocked immediately. This makes a pump very inefficient with a level 10 bolt. Just swap all powertube parts from level 10 parts to level 7 parts.

7. The stars represented free warranty service. The valves were identical.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Also, RTP sears can only be used with RTP/emag rails and AM/MM sears will only work with AM/MM rails. Various aftermarket rails used different sears.