Thread: What are my tank options?

What are my tank options?

I've been shopping around for tanks recently and have not gotten far. most of the sites ive looked at dont have output specs and the ones ive seen that do are lower pressure then I want.

this is the first x-valve I've owned and 860psi set output has served me well on my mags but now that I have the x-valve it randomly chuffs like the lvl 10 is hitting a ball even if nothing is in the chamber. its getting frustrating on the field when my gun chuffs and the next shot sends out 2 balls

so i've heard around 1100-1200 is where I want to be at on tank output. is this accurate? and which tanks will give me what I need?

The tank itself isn't what you need be concerned with if the size/capacity is what you want.

The regulator is the issue. Some have fantastic recharge rates, others don't. To that end most, if not all, regulators are considered "high pressure output" unless otherwise stated. This output can vary from 750-850 or so.

There are also mid pressure (~650) and low pressure (~450) output regulators. Ninja has 2 regs that are outside of all of these - SLP and SHP. The SLP does 300 psi output and the SHP does 1100 psi.

So you have 2 issues - 1 recharge rate and 2 output. It's possible that your previous reg had the right output but couldn't keep up the recharge rate and it would lower the output.

So, do some testing and borrow some tanks from other people. For me, I've NEVER had an issue with 850 output to the gun (that's with an Xvalve).

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring
    So you have 2 issues - 1 recharge rate and 2 output. It's possible that your previous reg had the right output but couldn't keep up the recharge rate and it would lower the output.

So, do some testing and borrow some tanks from other people. For me, I've NEVER had an issue with 850 output to the gun (that's with an Xvalve).
    I have put other tanks on and did some testing and could eliminate the chuffing but i'm still not getting the rt effect like i want

Valves differ. Some seem to RT nicely at 850psi, others take more. Out of curiosity, when does it chuff? Is it during normal semi auto play or is the valve rting a little and sticking? What loader? What is the setup? I have had issues with my ULE detents being in too far and getting bolt stick/chuffing from that. This even happened with an SHP reg. Unfortunately, the faster you get, the more fine tuned things need to be. I finally have one of my markers RTing like a beast with an SHP reg, but it took me a fair amount of time to get it set up JUST right. And even then, I occasionally have issues.

it chuffs on the first shot, about a third of the time. I can rip as fast as I can with no problems as long as I am above 3-4 BPS or so.

benchy 2x frame (I want a y-frame)
    xvalve with ULT
    Sleaved ULE body
    Ultralite luke rail
    crossfire 68/3000 set at 860PSI
    14"freak
    Last edited by BTAutoMag; 10-22-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Wait...

You want the RT effect, but according to the specs above, you have an Xvalve with ULE (I'm assuming the ULT). Is this correct?

yes, edited. do i not get the rt effect with a ULT?

Negative.

You need a full on/off pin & assembly in order to get it. ULT reduces the amount of trigger push back you get. (A side effect of the Ultra Light Trigger pull.)

well i'll throw in the stock one and try again. still debating a y-frame or a ego frame

chuffing

The chuffing you're getting could be due to a power tube spacer letting air leak down the barrel, and than not having enough air to fully push the bolt forward. If you have a kit try a larger spacer.

hmm, ill have to swap it out when i get home.

Also check out this thread for helpful info...

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=262201

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring
    Negative.

You need a full on/off pin & assembly in order to get it. ULT reduces the amount of trigger push back you get. (A side effect of the Ultra Light Trigger pull.)
    If I was any good at videos and had air I would post up one of my X valve with ULT RTing like crazy with an 1100psi reg.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    If I was any good at videos and had air I would post up one of my X valve with ULT RTing like crazy with an 1100psi reg.

see thats why I was confused. cause if you go on youtube and type in automag ULT youll find videos like that

It's harder to achieve but a ULT's will RT. You have to either add shims and/or bump up the pressure to the marker in order for that to happen.

As far as your problem. I believe you've answered your question already. I've never heard of a Crossfire being an issue thou, they're usually good Mag regs. I would pull the reg off that and find an adjustable reg like a Armageddon, Flatline, Appoc...etc. or get a SHP Ninja. Any of those regs should fix both your problem and your wants (RT)

Even with that said, since it was a unk valve to you. Just to rule it out 100%, I would tune the valve just to make sure you have the proper carrier installed and verify that all your orings are G2G
    Last edited by Ando; 10-22-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Trigger stops help a lot as well with acheiving regular/dependable rting. At least it did with me.