Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For tinkerers eyes only

Dan: Keep going!!! I remember you sending me pictures of the grip frame a few years ago and I was blown away. I can't wait to see some new techniques incorporated with your project.

Quote Originally Posted by hill160881
    I feel so schooled. haha

Love it and cant wait to see it done.
    you should,

Aaaaaaargh! I was up until four in the morning and there was no holding me back. In the midst of battle, I overheated and fried the handpiece on my cutting tool. I can't continue without it!!!
    This is hell.
    I'll be ordering a new piece today which will take at least a week to get here. Things will be delayed here as a result.
    I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to get you guys all hot and bothered and then leave you hanging. I promise to finish this as soon as I can.
    Dan

Oh boy. I did it now. I made some cuts and changes that have totally destroyed this design. I went from loving it to hating it in the last 48 hours. I'm not sure whether I can continue like this. It's really bothering me.
    This will be the last I mention of this gun. If it ever gets released, you'll know. If it doesn't, then it'll be covered in dust and cobwebs for good. I guess this is what I get for showing stuff before it's finished.
    I will do a small video on the laser welding concept to show what this was originally supposed to.
    Sorry,
    Dan

Dan- Sorry to hear you are hitting a few snags with this build. It's only metal right?

Take a look at this thread on pbnation http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post77163322 It looks like your techniques are stlll inspiring people to try stuff out of the box.

I tried this on a PMR and discovered it is hard to keep things symmetrical, very hard. It turned out pretty good however I kept it pretty simple for my first attempt. Maybe some day I will have the time again to try something again. But it would be almost impossible to top what the hog has already done.

Bunny, your perspective is refreshing. It's true, but I've never had this happen on this scale and it's frustrating. It's been off and on for four years with this project. Easily 700 hours invested, and then at the end, in the middle of the action, make a decision that alters everything. I'm certain I will continue, but I'm not sure yet when or how.
    I will still make a video of the laser welding as promised, using something else as a platform. It's really interesting stuff, and would actually have been ideal for repairing the little ding on your battery pack.

It's really my hope that some of custom shops look into it as a viable option for construction and repair. It is amazing what you can do. If I were still in the states.......grrrrrrr, I'd be opening up shop.
    Dan

obviously you are the expert madhog... but is it something you could repair using the micro-weld tech? Just how much did you change it? I would hate to see you abandon this... i can only imagine one of your "screw ups" would still be cooler than anything i could make!

that sux's Dan, hopefully you can mastermind it together to your liking, at the end art is art nobody can tell you it aint.