Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 104

Thread: Official AO Update Thread / Discussion Thread

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Duesseldorf, Germany
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    Hopefully this week we will shut down, download the current data and come back up on the new platform.

    Seems like the Mayas were right with the "End Of The World" in the end of this week.
    And it will be reborn better than ever before!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,181
    now THATS funny

    To leave feedback: Click seller/buyers name, Click feedback score, Click leave feedback

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    IN -- USA
    Posts
    9,323
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home
    I have never figured out why you need an "app" to view a forum.
    Maybe if you are still on 2G or 3G.
    I'd rather look at the full webpage than a mobile "half there" page.
    But LTE is fairly fast.



    The apps like ForumRunner or Tapatalk are actual native applications. You see everything you're supposed to see on the handset - images, links, etc. But it does it in a fashion that make using a mobile device easier (pulls out the forum theme and what not).

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Nexus 6 Lollipop !
    Posts
    4,548

    Wink

    I do have a lot of Android apps, but I have no use for forum apps.
    I just go to the full web page.
    LTE is as fast as my business class roadrunner, if not faster sometimes.



  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Duesseldorf, Germany
    Posts
    150
    Well not everyone uses/is able to use LTE

  6. #66
    In my area I'm lucky if I get a 3G signal, because most of the time it's 1x. And when I do get the little 3G emblem on my phone I think it's just a gimmick because it's never as fast here as when I visit some large metro area.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Nexus 6 Lollipop !
    Posts
    4,548

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by RST
    Well not everyone uses/is able to use LTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    In my area I'm lucky if I get a 3G signal, because most of the time it's 1x. And when I do get the little 3G emblem on my phone I think it's just a gimmick because it's never as fast here as when I visit some large metro area.
    Even MetroPCS has a bigger LTE footprint in this area than Sprint.
    T-Mobile has their 42mbps HSPA+ up around here.
    Neither Tmo nor Metro work well in the metal building where I work so I switched to the death star AT&T and now no problems.

    You really do get what you pay for when it comes to carriers.

    Quote Originally Posted by AGD
    They are telling me monday is the target date for change over.

    TK


    Here we go.
    A holiday at home and bored with no AO.


    Last edited by going_home; 12-22-2012 at 09:54 AM.

  8. Yay.................

    -The AO Moderation Team
    "Everything in Moderation"

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Posts
    2,224

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,172
    no pics working?
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,295
    Finally.... I was getting really bored at work.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    IN -- USA
    Posts
    9,323
    If you need help with turning stuff like Forumrunner and what not on (as well as the hidden question on the reg page so you can start using free addresses like Gmail again) please let me know. I'm free to help.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Nexus 6 Lollipop !
    Posts
    4,548
    Yay we back !

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,172
    so animated smileyes not supported?
    or is that something that still needs to be turned on?

  15. #75
    Glad to see the new forum up and running. I will have to remember to log in whenever I stop by from now on to use some of the new features - thank you for allowing signatures to be turned off in my viewing profile!

    Humbly, might I request that sometime once all the working bits are back running, if someone could help me figure out how to darken the whole forum up (as in get rid of all of the eye strain inducing glaring white background) I would really appreciate it!

    Thanks again TK and in particular everyone who invested some hard-earned money to make this happen.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    347
    I added a AO.UK signature from the pictures uploaded today but don't think the feature is currently active?

    Will the user profile picture function eventually allow us to add custom avatars?

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,172
    how to i add photos to my photo tab on my profile?
    or am i missing the idea.

    the way i think it works is that i can have photos stored here on AO now. and dont have to have a URL link from a storage site?

    let me know what you know thankyou guys,

    KNM.

  18. #78
    In order to view your signatures after you log in, you'll have to go to Settings:>General Settings:>Visible Post Elements:>Show Signatures and check the box.

    And, the background is going to remain white until someone decent with CSS creates and uploads a new skin.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    the background is going to remain white until someone decent with CSS creates and uploads a new skin.
    i do belive i just talk to someone who is very talented at doing this exact thing.
    i think his name is pbPixels?

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Nexus 6 Lollipop !
    Posts
    4,548

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    In order to view your signatures after you log in, you'll have to go to Settings:>General Settings:>Visible Post Elements:>Show Signatures and check the box.

    And, the background is going to remain white until someone decent with CSS creates and uploads a new skin.
    I didnt do that and I can see them ?



  21. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,295


    Just an idea.... I would really like to see AO stay somewhat "normal" to me. It's pretty iconic now that I have stared at it for so long...

    Small Changes:
    • Added the AO header back in. My idea would be to incorporate the "Mag of the Month" winner into the top header. Either a person or automag.
    • Added color into the different forum categories.
    • Change the view on the main page so it shows "Last Post" before "Threads/Posts"
    • Changed the location for the Log in menu bar. (might be a PITA depending how the template is written.)
    • Make a few custom icons, this can be an easy drag and drop if needed.
    • Custom "Dark" AO theme. (Download something close to the original, edit the pictures, and voila!!

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,172
    comin along nicely

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    884
    I like the new AO so far, but like the rest need to get adjusted to it.

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post


    Just an idea.... I would really like to see AO stay somewhat "normal" to me. It's pretty iconic now that I have stared at it for so long...

    Small Changes:
    • Added the AO header back in. My idea would be to incorporate the "Mag of the Month" winner into the top header. Either a person or automag.
    • Added color into the different forum categories.
    • Change the view on the main page so it shows "Last Post" before "Threads/Posts"
    • Changed the location for the Log in menu bar. (might be a PITA depending how the template is written.)
    • Make a few custom icons, this can be an easy drag and drop if needed.
    • Custom "Dark" AO theme. (Download something close to the original, edit the pictures, and voila!!
    My failure with the X-valve will now be immortalized in that picture. Still having problems with it.

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,181
    its wierd having the "settings" be your "usercp"

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    time to make a slurpee!
    Posts
    1,650
    I am still trying to figure out how to use some of these features.

    . . . . .but so far I like it, this will just take a little getting used to, afterall the old AO was home for a very long time!
    ......You know you want one!!

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,181
    yes, its like a new house feel, your new home but not quite home yet

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    AutoMag Country
    Posts
    2,029
    Added a question/answer to the new user sign up. It will be a stock gap.

    I think I have deleted and banned 20-25 users in the last 2 hours weeeee

    -R
    Serving AGD customers since 93, wishing I could beat some common since into some of them about 5 hrs later.


  29. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,181
    Automags are to pancakes

    as

    linoleum tiles are to what?

  30. Quote Originally Posted by RobAGD View Post
    Added a question/answer to the new user sign up. It will be a stock gap.

    I think I have deleted and banned 20-25 users in the last 2 hours weeeee

    -R
    Add another 2 dozen to that from last night.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •