Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High end / low end / mid end

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    dont hit back and move on. i want input. if you dont a speedball set up then we can use a concept field a boneyard
    My paintball dollars are limited ATM, so I consider my input not so relevant. While I love the idea of getting together with like minded paintballers that appreciate the relevance and/or history of older markers. I'd love to see some guys pulling out some truly old school stuff and having a go at it. Making it into a tournament IMO, makes it more about winning and less about showcasing the markers.

But again, my traveling budget is nearly negative right now so..

I'm going to make a new thread on mech only games and why I do not think they are the answer and move my discussion to that thread.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    My paintball dollars are limited ATM, so I consider my input not so relevant. While I love the idea of getting together with like minded paintballers that appreciate the relevance and/or history of older markers. I'd love to see some guys pulling out some truly old school stuff and having a go at it. Making it into a tournament IMO, makes it more about winning and less about showcasing the markers.

But again, my traveling budget is nearly negative right now so..

being poor doesnt make you stupid and I respect you. so any input you have is worth your time to me

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    I'm going to make a new thread on mech only games and why I do not think they are the answer and move my discussion to that thread.
    Sorry for the threadjack, guess I found the Mech only more interesting. lol

As for low/mid/high I really don't give it so much thought anymore. I know that I will most likely never spend $1k+ on a marker unless it comes with an oral gratification device on the side or I totally step out of playing and just start collecting. Neither of which I see happening anytime soon. I also find the line being blurred since the prices of used highends rapidly comes down into the mid range within a short amount of time these days. I would still consider an Ego9,10 or whatever a relatively high end, even though they now fall into mid range pricing.

Sorry for the threadjack, guess I found the Mech only more interesting. lol

As for low/mid/high I really don't give it so much thought anymore. I know that I will most likely never spend $1k+ on a marker unless it comes with an oral gratification device on the side or I totally step out of playing and just start collecting. Neither of which I see happening anytime soon. I also find the line being blurred since the prices of used highends rapidly comes down into the mid range within a short amount of time these days. I would still consider an Ego9,10 or whatever a relatively high end, even though they now fall into mid range pricing.
    LOL - I have not been around enough lately for anyone to realize this but my ability to lead a discussion off topic is incredible .

That being said I think this particular discussion is worty of having its own thread.

all I want is input on what you want in a mech only tourney

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    all I want is input on what you want in a mech only tourney
    Fair enough: limited paint. Mech only / limited paint would intrigue me

lol, would you drive 4 hours to watch it

To watch no. Paintball is incredibly boring to watch. To play - maybe

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy
    But Q-loaders suck so bad. They're finicky, unreliable, fragile, hard on paint, a pain to reload both on-gun and also between games, and their capacity is too limited.

Basically, everything we've read about the Q-loader from really skilled operators.

So they really should be no threat in a mech-only game.

Amirite?

Edit: I went fishing around for some A5 gameplay videos as it's been one of those curiosities for me and ran across this little gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65ro_IfPv1g

Man, I would not want to face that guy on the field. No way. His A5 is AMAZING. It shoots so fast it looks like the paint is literally dripping out of his barrel.

PS thats an e grip

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    In that case, a Tippmann A5 RT is going to be the speed king unless someone brings a Q-loaded X-valve'd Mag.
    At your service
    http://i.imgur.com/h3ZYI.jpg
    1100 psi output by the way. I only RT when I desperately need it though. I usually try and stay under the radar

But Q-loaders suck so bad. They're finicky, unreliable, fragile, hard on paint, a pain to reload both on-gun and also between games, and their capacity is too limited.
    Basically, everything we've read about the Q-loader from really skilled operators.

So they really should be no threat in a mech-only game.
    I beg to differ. I have never had a problem that wasn't user error. I have also never chopped paint in it because of weak paint only because I was being an idiot. And they are very tough. I put them through a ton of stress and it holds up great, and it only takes me a good 3-5 seconds to reload at the most during game and for the pre-load it takes a good 10+ seconds to reload depending on whether I have to refill the hopper or not. I believe that most people in the AO community would do great with the Q but it simply does not fit their needs and style of play well. They are a great design and product so do not say they suck. Simply realize that they are not for a lot of people.

You dont have to be "skilled" with the Qloader. You simply have to know how it works. Which I didn't find difficult as I always learn the operation of everything I buy. We should all know how a basic Automag valve works. Just because you know what O-rings to replace and what to do with the valve doesn't mean your skilled with it.

Most people are just use to the ease of use of using a normal hopper where you just dump paint in it and let it do its thing along with replacing batteries every so often.

I consider myself a significant threat at times because if you look at my mag' (link above) imagine someone who knows how to use a mag and a Q well using that with a high output pressure. I can RT like Zak Vetter with the fastest loading system on the market out there and shoot or turn around any angle with no profile. All you see is my barrel and my mask so in a way I could one of the most dangerous people on the field. Thats just in theory, I am not really that good. The Q is good but nothing is perfect you have just got to give it a lot of patience and attention to get used to it.

/end rant/
    Last edited by Freedy500; 11-06-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500
    At your service
    http://i.imgur.com/h3ZYI.jpg
    1100 psi output by the way. I only RT when I really need it though. Like last man standing desperation sorta need.

I beg to differ. I believe that most people in the AO community would do great with the Q but it simply does not fir their needs and style of play well. They are a great design in product so do not say they suck. Simply realize that they are not for a lot of people.

[QUOTE/]Basically, everything we've read about the Q-loader from really skilled operators.

You dont have to be "skilled" with the Qloader. You simply have to know how it works. Which I didn't find difficult as I always learn the operation of everything a buy. We should all know how a basic Automag valve works. Just because you know what O-rings to replace and what to do with the valve doesn't mean your skilled with it.

Most people are just use to the ease of use of using a normal hopper where you just dump paint in it and let it do its thing along with replacing batteries every so often.

I consider myself a significant because if you look at my mag' (link above) imagine someone who knows how to use a mag and a Q well using that with a high output pressure. I can RT like Zak Vetter with the fastest loading system on the market out there and shoot or turn around any angle with no profile. All you see is my barrel and my mask so in a way I could one of the most dangerous people on the field. In theory, but I am not really that good. you have just got to give it a lot of patience and attention to get used to it.

/end rant/
    pft
    anyone can do what zak did.
    he was the first to video tape it and make a big deal about it.

but yeah it is fun to do.

my computer was all jacked up so it entered the post when I wasn't finished with it yet. I just edited the post to how it would have been without multi-quoting anyway. Too lazy to fix it . Oh god I suck at multi-quoting anyway.

Back on topic. Yes it is always fun to scare someone with an RT but my point was that Qloaders are dangerous (in the good way) with people who know how to use them to their advantage. They don't suck they simply aren't for everyone. Besides it can get pretty difficult to hit someone like me with barely any of there mask showing.

Although the 2 biggest things anyone who has ever used or still does use Qloaders can agree on are these. We all hate the carrying capacity and the cost. 20 bucks a pod is quite different from usually spending 1-6 dollars a pod and this thing counts as your hopper so you have under half the carrying capacity at 100 rounds a pod. I just wanted to express that Q's aren't complete pieces of crap. Sure they have there flaws but what doesn't
    Last edited by Freedy500; 11-06-2012 at 11:11 PM.

I've got video of my ETac in mech-only mode, Qloaded (before I sold it off), shooting 20.5 bps. At that point I was having problems with my E-mode, since fixed, but that episode taught me that I'm better off with my SHP reg turned down to 950 psi instead of 1100 psi. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djHYkl_UUAM&t=1m0s

This is in a completely battery-free mode, remember.
    Last edited by Justus; 11-06-2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: fixed link for start time

Just sayin'. If they're as bad as people on forums claim they are, then they should be no threat. Ya feelin me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eae-dpnSc-0

BTAutoMag: not everyone needs to get their jollies off in a tournament format. Good ol' fashioned recball is bigger than tournament ball.
    Last edited by GoatBoy; 11-07-2012 at 05:16 AM.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Just sayin'. If they're as bad as people on forums claim they are, then they should be no threat. Ya feelin me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eae-dpnSc-0

BTAutoMag: not everyone needs to get their jollies off in a tournament format. Good ol' fashioned recball is bigger than tournament ball.
    yeah I understand. I sorta get that a lot. You have just gotta put sometime into them and play a few games to get used to them and they turn out great. Most people on forums dont exactly go well with Q's since they take some timw and work instead of just dumping in paint.

I think its fair to say the QLoaders have a definite learning curve to dial them in, but once they are they can be effective. However, much like using remotes, stocks, sites etc. it's all about preference in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500
    I beg to differ. I have never had a problem that wasn't user error.
    I think he might be describing me. At the time I was one of those people who had to have "the first" of everything. I had a q-loader and harness made for it when they were practically first announced. It was going to be the next big thing and I was going to have one before anyone else. I had made and had fabricated brackets to make it fit my mag at the time. I had devised a feeding system for reloading involving a warp to make it easier. I was ready.

Then I got on the field with the thing. Yes it was probably all user fault but I was not having a good day and the q-loader was not helping. It was a cold and muddy April day where only a few of us had been invited to the hyperball field prior to the field actually opening for the season.

There are still pieces of that spring some and q-pod somewhere in the woods because when you pull the q-pod off your marker and slam it against a hyperball tube enough times it does in fact break in spectacular fashion and that spring propels pieces a LONG ways.

I shipped the remainder to Doc in Alaska so I would never have to see it again

Yes it was probably my fault and I probably could have learned to use it. That being said it was still a spectacular failure

I think its fair to say the QLoaders have a definite learning curve to dial them in, but once they are they can be effective. However, much like using remotes, stocks, sites etc. it's all about preference in the end.
    My point exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    I think he might be describing me. At the time I was one of those people who had to have "the first" of everything. I had a q-loader and harness made for it when they were practically first announced. It was going to be the next big thing and I was going to have one before anyone else. I had made and had fabricated brackets to make it fit my mag at the time. I had devised a feeding system for reloading involving a warp to make it easier. I was ready.

Then I got on the field with the thing. Yes it was probably all user fault but I was not having a good day and the q-loader was not helping. It was a cold and muddy April day where only a few of us had been invited to the hyperball field prior to the field actually opening for the season.

There are still pieces of that spring some and q-pod somewhere in the woods because when you pull the q-pod off your marker and slam it against a hyperball tube enough times it does in fact break in spectacular fashion and that spring propels pieces a LONG ways.

I shipped the remainder to Doc in Alaska so I would never have to see it again

Yes it was probably my fault and I probably could have learned to use it. That being said it was still a spectacular failure
    Yea I guess I would consider that user error a bit but not completely. The biggest factor was that you were mainly a first timer with it and you decided to test it for the first time at a field. They are designed to be strong but I am almost sure of where your Q-pod must have specifically been hit and if not then a ton of improvements have been made on Qpods. You probably hit it at the very base of the pod where there is the slot that holds all of the other pieces of the pod still when unloading and pre-loading. That about sums up the "Achilles heel" of the Q.

But I would say the two main errors of the company would have been that. 1) it just came out and was probably filled with flaws that have been improved since. 1) The materials used were probably not the best but if they were much better than they would either cost a lot more ($20 a pod is enough for me) or be much heavier or both. But they have a lifetime warranty and I never have to ship my troubled pods back. Sometimes they give me double of the parts needed when I do need some.

So yes that is definitely a failure but either could or has been fixed.
    Last edited by Freedy500; 11-07-2012 at 09:03 PM.