Thread: High end / low end / mid end

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    In that case, a Tippmann A5 RT is going to be the speed king unless someone brings a Q-loaded X-valve'd Mag.
    At your service
    http://i.imgur.com/h3ZYI.jpg
    1100 psi output by the way. I only RT when I desperately need it though. I usually try and stay under the radar

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy
    But Q-loaders suck so bad. They're finicky, unreliable, fragile, hard on paint, a pain to reload both on-gun and also between games, and their capacity is too limited.
    Basically, everything we've read about the Q-loader from really skilled operators.

So they really should be no threat in a mech-only game.
    I beg to differ. I have never had a problem that wasn't user error. I have also never chopped paint in it because of weak paint only because I was being an idiot. And they are very tough. I put them through a ton of stress and it holds up great, and it only takes me a good 3-5 seconds to reload at the most during game and for the pre-load it takes a good 10+ seconds to reload depending on whether I have to refill the hopper or not. I believe that most people in the AO community would do great with the Q but it simply does not fit their needs and style of play well. They are a great design and product so do not say they suck. Simply realize that they are not for a lot of people.

You dont have to be "skilled" with the Qloader. You simply have to know how it works. Which I didn't find difficult as I always learn the operation of everything I buy. We should all know how a basic Automag valve works. Just because you know what O-rings to replace and what to do with the valve doesn't mean your skilled with it.

Most people are just use to the ease of use of using a normal hopper where you just dump paint in it and let it do its thing along with replacing batteries every so often.

I consider myself a significant threat at times because if you look at my mag' (link above) imagine someone who knows how to use a mag and a Q well using that with a high output pressure. I can RT like Zak Vetter with the fastest loading system on the market out there and shoot or turn around any angle with no profile. All you see is my barrel and my mask so in a way I could one of the most dangerous people on the field. Thats just in theory, I am not really that good. The Q is good but nothing is perfect you have just got to give it a lot of patience and attention to get used to it.

/end rant/
    Last edited by Freedy500; 11-06-2012 at 10:49 PM.