Thread: What do you make of this?

What do you make of this?

Quote Originally Posted by *******
    Kinda funny that Tom Kaye dipped out and made his loyal followers pay to keep their website when multiple people offered to do it for free =/

Billy and Adam are still out there grinding. =/

Bill Gardner:
    "Tom Kaye never loved to play the game, it was more of a business than a passion."

Not a personal attack on you, I just hate that it ended up that way.. Faith in Tom Kaye lost.

"No money left in paintball"
    I received this PM from a guy over on PBN, out of the blue. It was a response to my signature which has that cute little quote from Bill Gardner when he said that Tom just considered paintball a business, followed by Toms (beautiful and touching) response.

Any thoughts?

Exclamation

Maybe the Gardners should attempt a "crowd funding" themselves from the following of one of their products, and see how much they raise and how long it takes.

Think they get anything ?

What reason for trusting either of the Gardner brothers does anyone have?

I shoot SP products (and like them). But trust the Gardners? Not a chance.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    What reason for trusting either of the Gardner brothers does anyone have?

I shoot SP products (and like them). But trust the Gardners? Not a chance.
    Exactly.

I was not pleased to recieve this... I started cooking up response, then didn't want to pull the trigger and send it - PBN drama rivals facebook, twitter, dormroom, and jersey shore.

Sorry for the Necro

So what if is just business. Its profit in long run, thus is why people start businesses for profit. If Tom or any other paintball business didn't make a profit on equipment or supplies they sold you wouldn't the products today or even the research and devolopment into this industry. Is the industry still profitable? the answer is yes, is there problems with it still? Yes, its not that paintball is dying, its just stuck, with no direction to head into. The identity of most manufactures have literily been mashed together and nothing really to set them apart from one another or a "catagory of there own".

Honestly if it where up to me and call me crazy, but I'd "fire" customers. Go back to a product that I was good at, and even still good at, producing. Physically, if possible, talk to the customers, find out what they are fustrated about, and what they would like to see produced. If those customers don't "fit" with what I'm producing and providing, see you later and let someone else deal with that headache. The one thing I figured out with my landscape business, and was a huge headache for me is More isn't Better. Better customers is better business, sadly it took me this long to figure that one out.
    This space for rent.