Thread: Magnetic Emag Enhancer

Magnetic Emag Enhancer

Well I'm sure some of you remember this trigger from Dan's video where he had most of his Emag covered in towels. There was alot of discussion about perpetual motion and all that stuff that is way over my head. He sent it to me after the amazing results I had with the first one that was spring assisted. At first I had problems getting it to do anything as it seemed the magnets were not strong enough. I talked to Dan and he also mentioned that maybe a light spring in conjunction with the magnets would help. After testing the spring assisted trigger I knew the spring tension was considerably higher than you might think to overcome the force it takes to trip the sear. Anyways I tried a few light springs to no avail and decided that wasnt the route to go. After about a month now it dawned on me that the magnets inside a Prophecy loader for adjusting the clutch were fairly strong. I found the extras they send with the loader and glued a set on the trigger last night on top of the original magnets that Dan had in place. Well as you will see the results are amazing, at least I think they are. It may not be perpetual motion but its damn close.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qprEvZNpdVI&feature=plcp

Well alright! That's exactly what I was hoping for. You gotta stop teasing us and do a video with some serious air pressure and paint.
    What fun.
    Dan@Triggernomics

agreed paint or ban

Off to shop to get scuba and tanks filled again later today. I think I will have something special for you Dan in the next video.

Heres the first video of the trigger as it came to me from Dan. It has just one set of magnets on it and in electro mode I could not get it to react at all. I switched to hybrid mode and the board was set to Hyper. I would say that most of the work being done at this point is solely from the RT effect.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f116I6FV0hE&feature=plcp

Huh, I remember people saying it would not work. Maybe I should finish off the other two prototypes I started.
    I can't wait to see more.

I remember that also Dan and well, I hate to say it for you, but told u so, told u so. Its pretty cool that it works in electro. Its like RT effect without any higher pressure input needed.

Wow, the results with the prophecy magnet is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Maghog
    Huh, I remember people saying it would not work. Maybe I should finish off the other two prototypes I started.
    I can't wait to see more.
    Do it!

It is easy to say "This won't work!" Glad you proof them wrong - period!

So its basically EZ-Mode RT? That is quite nice.

walk onto a field with that and a helmet cam and start recording reactions

"wtf is that"

"ref, he's using modes"

i would like one please.

thankyou,
    KNM.

What is the output of your tank reg? I wonder if this will allow the RT to happen at a higher ROF with a lower input PSI.

I am using a standard 850 psi output tank and since the gun is in electro it does not rt. It only fires what the board tells it to fire. I also use my adjustable reg set at 1200 psi for the hybrid setting on the gun and the hyper setting on the board. This uses the rt effect and the board combined for crazy rates of fire.

Quote Originally Posted by kwik175
    I am using a standard 850 psi output tank and since the gun is in electro it does not rt. It only fires what the board tells it to fire. I also use my adjustable reg set at 1200 psi for the hybrid setting on the gun and the hyper setting on the board. This uses the rt effect and the board combined for crazy rates of fire.
    I noticed it was on electro mode the second time I watched the video. The first time was on my phone and I had the sound off. Thought it was in Mech mode.

Well its finally here just so I dont getted banned. Paint + air. Im shooting at a tree in the empty lot next to me which is right in the middle of town. Most of the balls hit the business next door which usually gets me in trouble. Oh well. And just for you Dan plenty of air at about 1400PSI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWmfxU5ZDbY&feature=plcp

This is a very satisfying thing for me to see.

I showed years ago the potential of the Enhancer, and Kwik has proven its abilities even more with the spring and now magnet driven concept. It's obviously the best mod for an RT/E-mag, and the possibilities for other arrangements on other systems are endless.
    In 2001, I made my first such model, and moved to Germany shortly after. I knew I had found something incredible, but had to heed my priorities and move away from paintball. I never was able to fully test and perfect the setup.

I made a few more over the years, sent them to friends and AO members with hopes they'd do more. It appears that it needed time before it finally landed in the right hands. I cannot express enough gratitude to Kwik for his effort and interest. If I wanted to see it take off, I only have myself to blame for lack of ambition.

So, it's up to you guys.
    There is no patent on this, and noboby's really doing anything with the idea. It's time for some of our custom shops to grab this idea and take it to the next level.
    If not, then let it dwindle into obsurity and that's that.
    I have done all I can.
    Dan@Triggernomics

Quote Originally Posted by Maghog
    This is a very satisfying thing for me to see.

I showed years ago the potential of the Enhancer, and Kwik has proven its abilities even more with the spring and now magnet driven concept. It's obviously the best mod for an RT/E-mag, and the possibilities for other arrangements on other systems are endless.
    In 2001, I made my first such model, and moved to Germany shortly after. I knew I had found something incredible, but had to heed my priorities and move away from paintball. I never was able to fully test and perfect the setup.

I made a few more over the years, sent them to friends and AO members with hopes they'd do more. It appears that it needed time before it finally landed in the right hands. I cannot express enough gratitude to Kwik for his effort and interest. If I wanted to see it take off, I only have myself to blame for lack of ambition.

So, it's up to you guys.
    There is no patent on this, and noboby's really doing anything with the idea. It's time for some of our custom shops to grab this idea and take it to the next level.
    If not, then let it dwindle into obsurity and that's that.
    I have done all I can.
    Dan@Triggernomics
    dan can you make me one.
    pm me and let me know.

thankyou,
    KNM

I would like to thank Dan for giving me this unique opportunity to test and tune these triggers. I picked up some JB Weld today as Crazy Glue doesnt seem strong enough to hold the magnets on. The Prophecy magnets are very strong and really just want to jump off, flip over, and stick to the other one. The first hopper in this video was in electro mode and semi setting. Once I attached the scuba I switched to hybrid mode and hyper setting. The input was around 1400 psi with scuba maintaining that pressure. Those next 2 hoppers were in that setup. It really is amazing to shoot and alot of fun. It will drastically increase your paint consumption though.

You have some old Lukes Customs first run grips and Emag switches. The grips are almost 10 years old, the switch may be 7 or 8, I don’t remember. Did you buy them from me or did you get them with the marker?

Those grips were my very first product along with the 45 grips and similar inserts.
    Sorry for the thread high-jack.

I got them with the marker which Ive owned for about 3 years now. They are very nice and I wish I could find the rubber insert to replace it as it is getting worn.

I think i still have the aluminum molds but I no longer stock supplies to cast them...