Thread: Been a couple years... i feel the need to play again

bluffton, south carolina (near hilton head for all you ohio-ans lol)

Been a couple years... i feel the need to play again

Hey,

I'm gonna start playing paintball again- took about two years off when i started college. Anyway... i finally remembered my password and i now have a few questions as my memory has gotten fuzzy.

I want to build a mag pistol, im looking for compact and most likely bulky as that is part of its appeal (to me at least). so here are my questions:

I need a way of securing a 12 gram changer to the side of the rail. my thoughts on how to do this:
    -Possibly use an RT Pro rail because of the screw holes it has in it? what are your thoughts?

Secondly i need a way of securing a delta 68 spring loaded feed tube to the feed? is there anyway i could do this with a dremel? what would be the best body to do this on?

there will be more questions- as soon as i lock down a deal i will tell yall about the steal of a deal i found . So hopefully it will go through. Also the reason i think i can start playing again is becuase if i limit myself to only my phantom and this "franken-pistol" (my last gun after i sold off my Emag and Ego 08) than i would not go through ungodly amounts of paint... anyway. glad to start playing again.

thanks,
    BLF

For the 12ie, how about using an adapter and elbow and mounting it directly to the valve input? Alternatively how about using one of the rail mount back bottle ones?

How does the delta 68 magazine mount? I did a conversion using an Ariakon magazine on a Tippy 98 a few years ago.

Another thing to consider if you are set on using 12g's is getting the valve opened and putting devolumizing inserts in it. Raises your shot per 12g significantly.

look here for 12 gram side mounting.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=262531

as for mounting the feed:

www.lukescustoms.com

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag

www.lukescustoms.com
    Looks like an Micro CAII running into a stab. Also Cougar20 does a Phantom CCI stockclass feed conversion as well.

thanks for the response

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    For the 12ie, how about using an adapter and elbow and mounting it directly to the valve input? Alternatively how about using one of the rail mount back bottle ones?

How does the delta 68 magazine mount? I did a conversion using an Ariakon magazine on a Tippy 98 a few years ago.

Another thing to consider if you are set on using 12g's is getting the valve opened and putting devolumizing inserts in it. Raises your shot per 12g significantly.

The direct to the valve input is probably the what im going for- that would make the .12 changer parallel to my bolt assembly if i understand you correctly right? what would i need to do that?

the delta 68 mag is the real toughy, i saw someone do it right on top of a minimag with a vertical feedneck- they dremeled the snot out of it. thats the look and feel I'm going for as far as placement though the actual tube will face the opposite direction.

link to demeled mag
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-pistol-3.html

where do i buy the inserts?

thanks for the quick and knowledgeable response.
    Last edited by blacklegionfreak; 11-08-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag

www.lukescustoms.com

I see what you mean now... out of curiosity why is your changer so long?

also im trying to do this in sort of a expensive what possible like i want to spend about 75$ on the whole thing. so i probably wont send it to luke if i can mount the feed tube another way.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklegionfreak
    The direct to the valve input is probably the what im going for- that would make the .12 changer parallel to my bolt assembly if i understand you correctly right? what would i need to do that? - Check Palmers Pursuit Shop. They sell a lot of fittings as well as a 12g changer that you should be able to rig something up.

the delta 68 mag is the real toughy, i saw someone do it right on top of a minimag with a vertical feedneck- they dremeled the snot out of it. thats the look and feel I'm going for as far as placement though the actual tube will face the opposite direction. Thats a Micromag that Heinous used. I really am not very familiar with the Delta 68 setup. I would have to have some good close up pics to give anymore feedback.
    link to demeled mag
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-pistol-3.html

where do i buy the inserts? The inserts are the easy part, you can just use appropriate size nylon washers from the hardware store. The issue is whether or not your power tube is welded on or not. If it is, you will have to have someone do it.

thanks for the quick and knowledgeable response.

Edit: I looked through the thread more and found some better close up pics. The mounting system is similiar to the Ariakon. The kit I got came with two rails that you mounted to the pistol so the mags would work. Do you have the pistol or just the mags? If just the mags you may have to get some aluminum stock and do some dremeling and jb welding. I know you are on a budget, but the Lukes or Cougar mods are really nice and actually look good when you're done.
    Last edited by OPBN; 11-08-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Edit: I looked through the thread more and found some better close up pics. The mounting system is similiar to the Ariakon. The kit I got came with two rails that you mounted to the pistol so the mags would work. Do you have the pistol or just the mags? If just the mags you may have to get some aluminum stock and do some dremeling and jb welding. I know you are on a budget, but the Lukes or Cougar mods are really nice and actually look good when you're done.
    I am about to have a pistol I'm pretty sure its the PT Junior but i could be wrong i cant tel from the pic and the pwner doesnt know. im just gonna canabalize the feed tube off it though

Once you get it, take some pics. Might be something you can canabalize to mount the mag as well.

Hey what piece would i need to mount the 12 gram changer directly to the valve?

You would need a 90* fitting and an adapter for the 12g adapter to screw into. You could also use a stab/reg with a side outlet screwed into the valve that the 12g changer could screw into. A bit more costly, but the stabilizer would help keep liquid Co2 out of the valve.

You would need a 90* fitting and an adapter for the 12g adapter to screw into. You could also use a stab/reg with a side outlet screwed into the valve that the 12g changer could screw into. A bit more costly, but the stabilizer would help keep liquid Co2 out of the valve.

what is the adapter for the 12g adapter? yeah the liquid CO2 is the one thing im worried about with all this

12g adapters usually have the standard ASA/bottle threads. You will need an adapter to go from this to the 1/8 fitting. Check around on Palmers site, I know they sell them. I have one.

ITT you're really going to be better off using a back bottle adapter that is rail mounted behind the frame and use some macro, SS or other line to go into the valve if you don't want to use a stabilizer.

so this...

is this what you mean? if so would/could i mount it directly to the valve?

^^^ Sorry forgot to post the link

http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/90-de...ter-p-180.html

You could use that if you used this to screw into the valve: http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/pps-a...npt-p-223.html and then use a 12g adapter screwed into your piece above.

You could also use a standard 90* fitting coming off the side of the valve, then ^^ with the 12g charger screwed into it.

Your best bet is to use one of these http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/femal...zer-p-175.html and use the side output to go directly into the valve and screw your 12 charger directly into the stab.

Here is the 12g charger/adapter: http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/cci-1...ter-p-185.html I did notice that it says you can have it tapped for a 1/8" inch fitting instead of the ASA threads. If you did that, you could just used some 1/8" fittings to go directly from the charger to the valve.

You could use that if you used this to screw into the valve: http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/pps-a...npt-p-223.html and then use a 12g adapter screwed into your piece above.

You could also use a standard 90* fitting coming off the side of the valve, then ^^ with the 12g charger screwed into it.

Your best bet is to use one of these http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/femal...zer-p-175.html and use the side output to go directly into the valve and screw your 12 charger directly into the stab.

Here is the 12g charger/adapter: http://palmer-pursuit.com/cart/cci-1...ter-p-185.html I did notice that it says you can have it tapped for a 1/8" inch fitting instead of the ASA threads. If you did that, you could just used some 1/8" fittings to go directly from the charger to the valve.
    I think your third option is what i want to do. could you post a link to the 1/8 fitting your talking about? becuase im still a bit lost understanding how it would all fit together... pretty much i want the 12g changer parallel with the barrel and connected to the the place on the valve where the macro line would end up from the asa. this would require something that is either 180 degrees or 90 degrees depending on where the hole on the 12g adapter is if its on the top then i would need a 90 degree if its on the side then i would need a 180 degree... right? do you follow?

Go to www.palmer-pursuit.com and click on "air fittings". Do some clicking around and familiarize yourself with things. The 1/8" refers to the thread sizes on the fittings.

suaze Guest
    Here's a link to the fitting I used. I hope it helps.

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/AGI...m_code=FAR112A

^^ Interesting way of doing it. Might have to try something like this myself. How is it changing the 12g?

suaze Guest
    I don't have a problem changing the 12 grams. Don't really need to wrench it down when puncturing them.

suaze

Thats what i was looking for!

Now what piece did you use for the feed neck?

suaze Guest
    I think it's a micromag feedneck or similar. I bought it in non-working condition and ugly with a blob of Bondo. I fixed it up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by suaze
    I think it's a micromag feedneck or similar. I bought it in non-working condition and ugly with a blob of Bondo. I fixed it up a little.

whoops i meant to say the feedneck... im trying to avoid welding but im ok with dremeling stuff

suaze Guest
    The body's feed tube is cut down. The micromag type feed has a set screw under the parabolic plug to secure to the body's feed tube. I've never held a micromag so I don't know if the set screw is original. Otherwise, you just need a drill and tap. Here's a pic in open class.

Once again i miss typed it.... "FEED TUBE". mother of god i was tired last night.

suaze Guest
    I was going to use a CCI feed tube cap just haven't gotten around to buying one. You may be able to find a 90* copper fitting for a cram and jam at your hardware store.

Hard to tell, but I think that may be a PTP warp adapter. http://www.proteamdirect.com/warfeedad.htmlThe MicroMag feeds had a dovetail bottom on them and slipped into dovetailes on the body and had two screws on the bottom side that bolted into the body.

I forgot about the warp adapter...