Thread: Been a couple years... i feel the need to play again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bluffton, south carolina (near hilton head for all you ohio-ans lol)

Been a couple years... i feel the need to play again

Hey,

I'm gonna start playing paintball again- took about two years off when i started college. Anyway... i finally remembered my password and i now have a few questions as my memory has gotten fuzzy.

I want to build a mag pistol, im looking for compact and most likely bulky as that is part of its appeal (to me at least). so here are my questions:

I need a way of securing a 12 gram changer to the side of the rail. my thoughts on how to do this:
    -Possibly use an RT Pro rail because of the screw holes it has in it? what are your thoughts?

Secondly i need a way of securing a delta 68 spring loaded feed tube to the feed? is there anyway i could do this with a dremel? what would be the best body to do this on?

there will be more questions- as soon as i lock down a deal i will tell yall about the steal of a deal i found . So hopefully it will go through. Also the reason i think i can start playing again is becuase if i limit myself to only my phantom and this "franken-pistol" (my last gun after i sold off my Emag and Ego 08) than i would not go through ungodly amounts of paint... anyway. glad to start playing again.

thanks,
    BLF

For the 12ie, how about using an adapter and elbow and mounting it directly to the valve input? Alternatively how about using one of the rail mount back bottle ones?

How does the delta 68 magazine mount? I did a conversion using an Ariakon magazine on a Tippy 98 a few years ago.

Another thing to consider if you are set on using 12g's is getting the valve opened and putting devolumizing inserts in it. Raises your shot per 12g significantly.

thanks for the response

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    For the 12ie, how about using an adapter and elbow and mounting it directly to the valve input? Alternatively how about using one of the rail mount back bottle ones?

How does the delta 68 magazine mount? I did a conversion using an Ariakon magazine on a Tippy 98 a few years ago.

Another thing to consider if you are set on using 12g's is getting the valve opened and putting devolumizing inserts in it. Raises your shot per 12g significantly.

The direct to the valve input is probably the what im going for- that would make the .12 changer parallel to my bolt assembly if i understand you correctly right? what would i need to do that?

the delta 68 mag is the real toughy, i saw someone do it right on top of a minimag with a vertical feedneck- they dremeled the snot out of it. thats the look and feel I'm going for as far as placement though the actual tube will face the opposite direction.

link to demeled mag
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-pistol-3.html

where do i buy the inserts?

thanks for the quick and knowledgeable response.
    Last edited by blacklegionfreak; 11-08-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklegionfreak
    The direct to the valve input is probably the what im going for- that would make the .12 changer parallel to my bolt assembly if i understand you correctly right? what would i need to do that? - Check Palmers Pursuit Shop. They sell a lot of fittings as well as a 12g changer that you should be able to rig something up.

the delta 68 mag is the real toughy, i saw someone do it right on top of a minimag with a vertical feedneck- they dremeled the snot out of it. thats the look and feel I'm going for as far as placement though the actual tube will face the opposite direction. Thats a Micromag that Heinous used. I really am not very familiar with the Delta 68 setup. I would have to have some good close up pics to give anymore feedback.
    link to demeled mag
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-pistol-3.html

where do i buy the inserts? The inserts are the easy part, you can just use appropriate size nylon washers from the hardware store. The issue is whether or not your power tube is welded on or not. If it is, you will have to have someone do it.

thanks for the quick and knowledgeable response.

Edit: I looked through the thread more and found some better close up pics. The mounting system is similiar to the Ariakon. The kit I got came with two rails that you mounted to the pistol so the mags would work. Do you have the pistol or just the mags? If just the mags you may have to get some aluminum stock and do some dremeling and jb welding. I know you are on a budget, but the Lukes or Cougar mods are really nice and actually look good when you're done.
    Last edited by OPBN; 11-08-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN

Edit: I looked through the thread more and found some better close up pics. The mounting system is similiar to the Ariakon. The kit I got came with two rails that you mounted to the pistol so the mags would work. Do you have the pistol or just the mags? If just the mags you may have to get some aluminum stock and do some dremeling and jb welding. I know you are on a budget, but the Lukes or Cougar mods are really nice and actually look good when you're done.
    I am about to have a pistol I'm pretty sure its the PT Junior but i could be wrong i cant tel from the pic and the pwner doesnt know. im just gonna canabalize the feed tube off it though

Once you get it, take some pics. Might be something you can canabalize to mount the mag as well.

look here for 12 gram side mounting.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=262531

as for mounting the feed:

www.lukescustoms.com

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag

www.lukescustoms.com
    Looks like an Micro CAII running into a stab. Also Cougar20 does a Phantom CCI stockclass feed conversion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag

www.lukescustoms.com

I see what you mean now... out of curiosity why is your changer so long?

also im trying to do this in sort of a expensive what possible like i want to spend about 75$ on the whole thing. so i probably wont send it to luke if i can mount the feed tube another way.