Thread: Valve Sanity Check...

Smile Valve Sanity Check...

Was trying to get a warm fuzzy about the different kinds of valves by searching but became more confused...Please help me out

RT Valve - Stainless Steel - Banjo Bolt (bottom air) - Stock does not accept ULT - On/Off pin .75''
    RT Pro Valve - Stainless Steel - Side Air - accepts RT and ULT - On/Off Pin 0.765''
    Retro Valve - Same as RT Pro Valve?
    xvalve - Aluminum/Stainless Steel combo - Side Air - Accepts ULT - On/Off Pin 0.75''

Are the stainless steel valve more durable than xvalve (Al/SS)?

Wanted to basically find the equivalent of a stainless steel version of a xvalve with RT on/off

I think I am either wanting a RT Pro Valve or a Retro Valve???

The setup I had in mind:

AM/MM rail
    Vert Mod SS body
    RPG Triton Frame w/ viperblade
    classic sear and pin
    SS version of an xvalve w/ RT on/off

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

IIRC, the Retro will not, but the RT Pro will? I know I have a retro and it will not take a ULT. Pin in mine is .75. Not sure what you mean by more durable? The Retro and RT have the SS fronts, but the regs are still aluminum just like the X's.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    IIRC, the Retro will not, but the RT Pro will? I know I have a retro and it will not take a ULT. Pin in mine is .75. Not sure what you mean by more durable? The Retro and RT have the SS fronts, but the regs are still aluminum just like the X's.

By durable I mean will the xvalve be able to stand up to wear and tear as well as the stainless steel valves. (difference in metal hardness)

I'm not so concerned about the valve being able to take ULT because I plan on using a RT On/Off. I was just wondering if there is a valve that has the same recharge rate (or faster) than the xvalve and made out of entirely stainless steel. From searching around, I learned that xvalves are lighter because the air channels are milled larger but the down side is, the recharge rate is slgihtly slower than its predecessor.

Appreciate the help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusokow
    I was just wondering if there is a valve that has the same recharge rate (or faster) than the xvalve and made out of entirely stainless steel.
    Nope. As mentioned, the Retros and RT Pros hae the SS valves, but aluminum regs.

Nope. As mentioned, the Retros and RT Pros hae the SS valves, but aluminum regs.
    OK. Now what is the big difference between the Retro Valves and the RT Pro Valves? Just the On/Off pin length?

I beleive the RT Pros can accept ULT whereas the Retros can't. You can swap a .750 pin into an RT Pro though. The pin length is what helps with the reactivity.

I beleive the RT Pros can accept ULT whereas the Retros can't. You can swap a .750 pin into an RT Pro though. The pin length is what helps with the reactivity.
    Thanks so much for clarifying all of this!!!

You can use an emag valve too. It is the same as an xvalve except the ssvalve and it will accept an ULT.

If you stay with the RT On/Off you just need another On/Off Pin (stock is .712)

Quote Originally Posted by RST
    You can use an emag valve too. It is the same as an xvalve except the ssvalve and it will accept an ULT.

If you stay with the RT On/Off you just need another On/Off Pin (stock is .712)
    True. The EMag valves still have an aluminum regulator.

So is the reactivity related to the length of the On/Off pin?

Not all Emag valves will accept ULT's.

And yes the RT effect coincides with the length of the pin, main bolt spring and input pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusokow
    So is the reactivity related to the length of the On/Off pin?
    Yes. As for a stainless version of an xvalve there isn't one. You can put a rt on/off in a classic valve and improve the trigger. You won't get any reactivity out of a classic valve though. I believe Luke was offering a ULT mod for the classic valve. I have no experience or knowledge of its effectiveness.