Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: I have a serious problem.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,492

    I have a serious problem.

    Over the course of the past couple of years, I have acquired an SL68II that I have only taken to the field once and loaned out to someone. I have also built a MOTM Pumpmag that I got to play with at Living Legends this past year for a game or two, and recently built a Sniper/AC from the ground up that hangs on the wall. Today, I found myself purchasing a pump milled body, rail and frame for another pump build........




    The problem lies in the fact that I really don't play pump! I think I need help.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    431
    I have built one AC pump from the ground up, then sold it. A few months later I felt the NEED to buy a pump mag. I have never played a game of pump ever in my life. I love the look of a T2 and find myself looking at them everyday. I know its only a matter of time and I will buy one. Once again, what for? I know the feeling.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    9,333
    I decided I wanted to play the end of season clash this year at the field:

    I bought an Axe, a Viking, a Shocker NXT, an RT mag, various tanks, multiple Rotors, multiple freak sets and inserts and... you know I am really not sure what else.

    And I play primarly pump... I just wanted a way to shoot through leftover paint at the end of the day for the last game
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,492
    Quote Originally Posted by kwik175
    I have built one AC pump from the ground up, then sold it. A few months later I felt the NEED to buy a pump mag. I have never played a game of pump ever in my life. I love the look of a T2 and find myself looking at them everyday. I know its only a matter of time and I will buy one. Once again, what for? I know the feeling.
    Trust me, if I had the cash flow, there would be an S6.5 with an 86* frame hanging on my wall.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,238
    I know how you feel. I'm pretty much a mag collector, but I found myself buying flame A/C for no good reason. Luckily, I found my way and sold it to fund more AGD projects...

    What the hell was I thinking....
    <a href="http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l267/DarkNamelessOne/Kapp4.jpg"><img src="http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l267/DarkNamelessOne/Kapp4.jpg" width="425" height="282"></img></a>

    I haven't had a pump relapse since

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    431
    Same problem here Bunny. By now I think I am just a Mag guy and most people know that and yet I splurged on this over the top cocker with every accessory to make it whatever, pump, electro, slider, hinge. And I have never used it. I aired it up and shot a hopper in the yard just to know it worked and put it on the wall.

  7. #7
    Simple solution. Take the pump out of the bag and play with it!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Daniel Island, SC
    Posts
    1,389
    currently own a s6.5, s6,and pump mag. both mags i was playing with were shooting funny last weekend put them down and grab my s6.5 and shot 3 of 5 people at practice.


    at one point and time i think i owned 7 or 8 pumps it was bad girlfriend wasn't happy but i was.


    has a deadlywind and sidewinder now


    taso splash kit
    tuned xvalve


    and dont have a pic of my s6 on hand had it since 07.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,492
    Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79
    Simple solution. Take the pump out of the bag and play with it!
    If it were only that easy. As it is, I probably have played 5-6 times this year. I have a hard time rationalizing trying to learn to be a good pump player with my limited play time. Think I am going to concentrate next year on playing more and building less.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    I know how you feel. I'm pretty much a mag collector, but I found myself buying flame A/C for no good reason. Luckily, I found my way and sold it to fund more AGD projects...

    What the hell was I thinking....
    <a href="http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l267/DarkNamelessOne/Kapp4.jpg"><img src="http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l267/DarkNamelessOne/Kapp4.jpg" width="425" height="282"></img></a>

    I haven't had a pump relapse since
    Holy hell that's nice.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79
    Simple solution. Take the pump out of the bag and play with it!
    Word

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    If it were only that easy. As it is, I probably have played 5-6 times this year. I have a hard time rationalizing trying to learn to be a good pump player with my limited play time. Think I am going to concentrate next year on playing more and building less.
    Understand that. I was fortunate enough to play a lot this year. Both days most weekends! I have two gear bags. One pump, one other. I make sure that one day I take nothing but the pump bag. I'm by no means a great pump player. But, when I bring that non-pump bag nowadays, watch out! But, I do definitely prefer playing pump now. I play alot at a "scenario" field that has no rof limit. Those guys have learned to respect a pump. They didn't at first.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    If you want peace, prepare for war.
    Posts
    1,445
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    If it were only that easy. As it is, I probably have played 5-6 times this year. I have a hard time rationalizing trying to learn to be a good pump player with my limited play time. Think I am going to concentrate next year on playing more and building less.
    You learn to play pump and get good with it, your semi play will be heads and tails above what it was before. There are so many tricks you learn playing pump that you then start doing while playing semi that makes you a much better player.

    You get sneaky, you learn to use your cover better, you learn how to move from cover to cover properly. I have played pump against semi and had the refs dogging me because they couldn't figure how I could win. Finally had a ref grab a semi and play against me one on one. He lost 3 out of 3.

  14. #14
    I hear ya, man. I've been tossing around the idea of selling my pump Mag, because I find myself gravitating toward my TPX more anyway. All the while I still find myself looking at other pump Mags and Phantoms.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    PHX, AZ
    Posts
    1,404
    i have tha same problem man...time to play more and have fun again!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •