Thread: making the warpfeed run wirelessly? w/o sound activation.

making the warpfeed run wirelessly? w/o sound activation.

so you know how the warpfeed operates either off of sound/vibration,
    or
    if you wire up the inteliswitch you can get the warp to turn everytime the switch is tripped.

-is there a way to do this without running wires?
    -if so please send me in the right direction.
    -if you know please post up.

and please dont post examples of RF kits unless i can directly wire them into the warpfeed.

thankyou,
    KNM.

There's no way to do it as of right now, at least none that I know of. Once Jai is done with the new emag boards. He going to tackle a new more advance warp board which depending on the difficulty might have RF. I'm willing to bet the RF is going to be in very limited numbers since the cost is going to almost double. I run a RF chip in my emag with my Empire loader. You might be able to run a wire from the loader to the warp which could piggy back off the signal.

You can buy digital RF send/receive chips that can be programmed to send/receive a digital on/off signal. It would be the same as physically sending a signal on a wire from the warp point of view. They are quite inexpensive as well.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    You can buy digital RF send/receive chips that can be programmed to send/receive a digital on/off signal. It would be the same as physically sending a signal on a wire from the warp point of view. They are quite inexpensive as well.
    are you able to kick a link up for me.

thankyou very much.
    this sounds like what i need.

bluetooth?

or we could use wifi and a smartphone

but seriously athomas has the idea, you could also do IR. have the trigger activate a IR LED that gets picked up by a sensor on the warp

Wink

While you are at it build in a IFF mode. And then we can get an add-on that will point the direction of RF signals (ie a compass with an arrow --> Shoot here)
    Forest Gump of paintball

hooked to a strobe light and lazer show with speakers that plays the a-team theme when you get an elimination

ers need real info here.
    thankyou,

i was posting info until seek made me break my silence

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    i was posting info until seek made me break my silence

Hell the thing's going to be big enough...Mode 4,IR Countermeasures, ALQ-144, Chaff, Flare and Fleer to see at night

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    are you able to kick a link up for me.

thankyou very much.
    this sounds like what i need.
    Try this:

http://www.rentron.com/PicBasic/RemoteControl.htm

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    So.if i knew anything.about this i would be money.
    athomas--- if you have time at all can you surf that page and let me know the simplest and easiest combo for sender and receiver would be?

or just pm if you get a chance.

Use this kit:

http://www.rentron.com/remote_contro...8-bit-pack.htm

Here are the schematics and explanation:

http://www.rentron.com/Files/CIP-8.pdf

On the example relay drive circuit attach the collector of the transistor to the activation input to the warp. You will need a 5V regulator IC to power the receiver.

If you want a simpler kit to implement use this kit:

http://www.rentron.com/remote_control/R8_4BIT.htm

Its easier to configure and actually has a faster transmission rate. Its downfall is that it is not addressable. If there is another unit in the area, it could receive that data and inadvertently turn the outputs on or off. That is unlikely to happen due to it being a specialized custom designed circuit. If you keep the receiver antenna short it will eliminate outside interference as well because it would require a strong signal (ie; right next to it).

Here are the schematics and explanation:

http://www.rentron.com/remote_control/R-8Px.pdf

As before, on the example relay drive circuit attach the collector of the transistor to the activation input to the warp. You will need a 5V regulator IC to power the receiver.