Thread: So about General Petraeus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So about General Petraeus

If the former director of the CIA's affair is front page news does that make anyone else nervous about the status of the secrets of our nation?
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

i feel a strong correlation between this scandal and the plot of burn after reading.

LOL. I know Burn after Reading had a plot but it was so convulated its hard to remember it. I read the synopsis and recalled watching the moving but that plot line needs a three dimensional map to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    LOL. I know Burn after Reading had a plot but it was so convulated its hard to remember it. I read the synopsis and recalled watching the moving but that plot line needs a three dimensional map to make sense.
    pretty much the same kind of thing this has exploded into.

This all strikes me as smoke and mirrors to cover the murder of the ambassador by the terrorists.

They have known all about this for something like 6 months and just when he is supposed to testify before Congress about the attack this hits the news.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks
    This all strikes me as smoke and mirrors to cover the murder of the ambassador by the terrorists.

They have known all about this for something like 6 months and just when he is supposed to testify before Congress about the attack this hits the news.
    he will still probably testify. and all statements so far from him have supported the presidents version of events. as will all statements from any military folks. and all statements from all reasonable military commentators.

there isn't anything to cover up. sorry guys, the rage machine invented Benghazi as an issue. a tragedy yes, a coverup - no. i also revel in the irony and hypocrisy of the GOP. after 9/11 the mere mention that there was something the USA could have done to prevent that attack was anti-american and blaming america for the actions of terrorists. but that was with a GOP president. now, with a democratic president, its a coverup of how he is selling america out to Muslims. ah, sweet double standards!

the timing was as soon as he was re-elected so that this didn't become an election issue, attacking the military. cantor and the GOP has also known about this investigation and its results for some time. obama was planning on booting him but didn't want to look like he was purging the military of possible political competition right before and election.