Thread: Difference RT Classic Sear / RT Pro Sear

Exclamation Difference RT Classic Sear / RT Pro Sear

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anybody can tell me if there is any difference between the Sear of the RT Classic and the RT Pro?
    While trying to use a X-Valve and a RT Pro Sear with a Classic RT Rail (yes, it has the notch for the Z-Lock pin and the bushing for the standard Field Strip Screw) I discovered that the RT Pro Sear was blocked by the ULE Body so that the sear couldn't fully engage the on/off since it would not pass through the hole. After gassing up the marker the valve was leaking down the barrel because the sear did not keep the bolt in its rearmost position although the on/off pin moved the sear in its locked position (the pin passed through the hole).

Is there a difference in the location of the axle pin in the Classic RT Rail, or is it simply not possible to use a X-Valve? The AGD Homepage tells that there is a Classic RT Sear but the only difference seems to be the calibrated Rod length.

I am totally lost here so any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Christian

RT sears are all the same now
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Do you mean retro rail instead of classic RT rail? A classic RT rail only works with Classic RT valves and bodies and has the air passages that feed the valve through the banjo bolt at the rear of the rail. Classic RT bodies, rails, and valves have different dimensions than others that AGD sold. An X valve will not even install onto a classic RT rail because the X-valve has a larger diameter than a classic RT valve.

The RT Pro sear is designed to work in the retro rail. The back of the sear should fit up through the hole in the ULE body.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Thanks guys!

Seems like this issue won't just go away so I will put my 2 brand new Classic RT Rails up for sale.

Cheers

you going to put them up for sale here?