Thread: back to PB and picked up a pair of mags

back to PB and picked up a pair of mags

Ok, so I've been out of PB for years, I played when pump was not a choice but the only way to play. Then got back in and had an automag for a short time. I'm now at a point where its too easy to play so time to get some equipment. Started looking at CL and found a pair of automags. Ones all messed up, but works. the other looks like it may just need to be cleaned up. Both have to be stripped apart and gone thru, new orings etc.. Take stock of whats been done etc.. but here(hopefully) are the pics.. Both cost me less than $50.

A nice find at that price. Are you going to be using CO2 or are you going to use compressed air?
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    A nice find at that price. Are you going to be using CO2 or are you going to use compressed air?

Compressed air.. I think the one is routed way wrong for co2 the way he had it. And if I understand it I dont really need the expansion chambers for compressed air?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser
    And if I understand it I dont really need the expansion chambers for compressed air?
    Correct. That is why I was asking. You don't need any expansion chambers for air. You want the least amount of air line restriction you can get. Unscrew the expansion chamber(s) and put on a gas-through foregrip.

The bottom picture has the bottom line plumbed directly to the valve, bypassing the expansion chamber. The expansion chamber output is fed back into the input.

Clean them up, put in new orings and you are good to go. You should invest in a level 10 bolt system though, to prevent chopping during misfeeds.

I stripped down the one, without grips, its really dirty inside. I need to clean it out. I'm getting an oring kit and hoping to get a level 10 for each eventually. I have a ultrasonic cleaner I use for carburators. Thinking this may be good for all the old gunk inside these guns. Solvent I use is simple green watered down. Still need to go thru the box of stuff I got with the one, revy 9v hopper, remote tank and hose and pack with 6 pods. A mask of some kind and some other stuff.

Oh, and of course.. The Allen screws to the rear adapter are stripped out. Should be fun.. And the sight rail mount, that should just slide off once its off the rail? Isn't budging.

Some sight rails have a grub screw in the top but they do seize onto the bodies. I had one that almost welded itself to a stainless body. Try soaking it in penetrating fluid for a few days and then use a bit of heat to free it off

Got it off,, body is marred up. I'm going to strip it and cerkote it black or something like that..

Is having a air thru grip needed? Or running CA can it go right from the valve to the on/off?

MOTY3
    You can go straight from the on/off to the valve.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser
    Got it off,, body is marred up. I'm going to strip it and cerkote it black or something like that..
    The body is stainless so you can polish it to a super smooth surface using sandpaper and metal polish.

Ok,, that's what I thought, I have a different idea for a forgrip and would rather not do the air thru. This will be my first ca marker, actually only had one that had a co2 tank bigger than a 12g before. Been a lot of changes since the Sheridan KP days.