Thread: Is this for real?

Is this for real?

Is this guy selling BS or is this a real thing?

http://bit.ly/UcyZab

I would assume he is trying to blow smoke up your.....

That was a fairly common mod back when. Ive had several valve that it was done to. The thought was that the small hole in the front of the valve may not align with the hole in the reg so with the extra holes there is far more chance of it aligning. Still wont flow more because the hole in the front of the reg is still the small size.

I keep seeing that reposted. been on there for weeks... dont touch it

By far the best Classic valve mods were the Flag Station Vortex ones. They did the back end holes and opened up the front by both enlarging the hole and milling out space between the two halves. Im pretty sure they also drilled out the hole between the dump chamber and on/off.

PCRI gave is a crap rating, but they didnt have any scientific methods of testing. I dont even think they could put a rapid fire string over a crony back then.

I would love for someone to go back and do some real testing on all of the old mods and aftermarket parts just to get some real hard data.

This is the same guy in Chino Hills that keeps posting up a bunch of really old AGD stuff and lists it all as "RARE!" and over amps all his descriptions to make it sound like it's something totally unique and valuable. He also had some MiniMags listed earlier in the year that he was trying to get $400+ each for. He's a douche.

Thanks gents!

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    I keep seeing that reposted. been on there for weeks... dont touch it
    lol... i had no intention of bidding... i was just curious if it was actually something cool or not!

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    This is the same guy in Chino Hills that keeps posting up a bunch of really old AGD stuff and lists it all as "RARE!" and over amps all his descriptions to make it sound like it's something totally unique and valuable. He also had some MiniMags listed earlier in the year that he was trying to get $400+ each for. He's a douche.
    Up by cleveland? If so there was another minimag posted saying it had $1300 invested in it. Totally stock besides a crap drop on it.

Chino Hills is in California.

Post Back in the day

When it was just mags and cockers as far as being high end guns this mod with the 8 holes was popular if you could afford it. I had quite a few minimags and the two with thus type of mod did have a lighter trigger pull no data to back it up but I did shoot a lot of mags stock and thus valve mod did make a difference. That is not a fair price obviously! You could probably pick up. Raptor Rex regback which has the 8 wholes for around $15.oo you can test it then for yourself. I actually know this guy that has these listings in chino hills at one point he was a partner with the oring monkey guy along time ago. His stuff is clean he has a pretty good relationship as far as I'm aware with Dave at AGD. BUT he is out of touch with his pricing I've tried explaining this to him a couple of times and he does cut deals at times. Hope this helps

A hole drilled into the back that lined up straight with the hole in the front was all that was needed for any mod in a classic valve. The 8-hole mods were more hype than anything. The real restriction was the on-off pin, so the back section lining up provided only moderate improvement, and only for valves that had holes that were way out of alignment.

The mag mods quite often accompanied a sear mod. It was the sear mod that made the trigger pull lighter. The problem with it was the shaving down of the face of the sear so that there was less surface area in contact with the bolt lip. The side effect of this was that it caused the sear to wear out faster.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I had my mod done at B&M sports in Azusa California in 93'
    Some will say it did nothing but I know first hand that it did.

Quote Originally Posted by river031403
    I had my mod done at B&M sports in Azusa California in 93'
    Some will say it did nothing but I know first hand that it did.
    You probably had one of the ones that was way out of alignment. A single hole drilled in the back section that was lined up with the front hole would have solved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    You probably had one of the ones that was way out of alignment. A single hole drilled in the back section that was lined up with the front hole would have solved the problem.
    Not to discredit anything that you are saying. Before the mod my mag shot like every other mag after the 8 hole mod was done it was much better weather 8 holes were needed or it just needed one hole that lined up all the stars under the sky is still up for discussion I guess?

Thats the 1st mod i done to my 1st mag many moons ago as it was all the hype then but i didn't notice any difference to be honest

Same here Renie.. we had all our valves 'Pro magged' at great expense by UK airsmiths back in the 90's. I think it helped to reduced shoot down on CO2 but was less noticable on air. The real problem was the cold UK climate which made CO2 a real pain to use anyway. HPA was the best thing to happen to paintball - it totally transformed the way we play.

Quote Originally Posted by river031403
    Not to discredit anything that you are saying. Before the mod my mag shot like every other mag after the 8 hole mod was done it was much better weather 8 holes were needed or it just needed one hole that lined up all the stars under the sky is still up for discussion I guess?
    I'm not saying the 8 hole mod didn't do anything for you. It just happens to be that the problem was that the holes didn't line up. I'm agreeing with you because yours was probably one that had more of a misalignment. The 8-hole mod was a universal fix that could be mass produced. You were guaranteed that at least one hole was close to being lined up and the large circular groove could transfer the unrestricted air from any of the other holes. All that air capacity still had to pass through the single hole in the front section, which is why a home mod of a single hole drilled to line up with the front hole did the same fix. On a lot of mags, the holes were most often close and the mod didn't have as much affect. With air, the air path didn't get restricted due to frost accumulation, so it was even less of an issue once air became the propellant of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedy500
    Up by cleveland? If so there was another minimag posted saying it had $1300 invested in it. Totally stock besides a crap drop on it.
    i seen that ad, guy is crazy on that price...

Smile Drilled Regulator Body...

The markers regulator feeds an air chamber via two holes in the front of the regulator. This area is often drilled out with four or even eight holes. This increases the markers ability to refill the air chamber during rapid fire. This mod cost about $80 back in 1993. I had a friend do it for me on his drill press for free back then. BIG wast of TIME...