Thread: Winterizing your mag?

Winterizing your mag?

Well, the weather is getting colder by the day, and here we are freezing our (paint)balls off..

From what I remember from last year, my mags didn't like the cold too much. They're rockin' the X-valves with LVLX. Haven't had them out on the field in the cold this year, but last year they would chuff or miss shots.

I'm guessing just go up a carrier size in the LVLx, but I was wondering if anyone had any input, experiences, or tips they might want to add.

Cheers, and thanks in advance.

take out the valve and put it in a ziplock bag with a few drops of oil.

my winter problems are more to do with paint than my mags. rt'd half a hopper sat and 1 ball decided to be a pain and chop. yes i was using a lvl10 and a rotor. that 1 ball just didnt like me.

The biggest problem is the paint. The paint gets brittle so you need to reduce any restrictions to allow it to easily get pushed into the barrel. I always use a really large bore barrel, so it doesn't affect me too much.

Make sure you are using the proper light synthetic oil. You don't want it to get thick in the cold.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Ive had terrible luck with anything below 30, even with winter paint. Batteries dont like the cold either which makes it worse.

suaze Guest
    I had a terrible time breaking paint today even with the balls rolling out of my 0.691

Tried using my minimag sat and broke more paint that i shot. It was pretty much all the paint. Hell, i had balls coming apart in the hopper for no good reason. Last time i try shooting draxxus.
    www.flurryindustries.com

http://www.geocities.com/interceptor911/frontpage.html?1055821493343

Quote Originally Posted by suaze
    I had a terrible time breaking paint today even with the balls rolling out of my 0.691
    I was shooting nothing but soup all day yesterday. It was so frustrating. none of the rentals were having problems, though. So, I think it may have been my loader, now. I may have it turned up too high for cold weather.

Aahhh , life in Fla , pulled a X Mag off the wall that hasn't been shot in a year , shot perfect , temp in the mid 70's

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic
    Aahhh , life in Fla , pulled a X Mag off the wall that hasn't been shot in a year , shot perfect , temp in the mid 70's
    Yeah, but from May through September you guys are playing in 115* heat.

Paint seems to be the biggest issue with cold weather. Even winter paint isn't really very stable below 30 degrees or so.