Thread: Minimag with retro valve,barrel leak and reg leak.

Minimag with retro valve,barrel leak and reg leak.

Soo ive been out of the seen for a while... I just picked up a mini mag with a retro valve and previous owner said it had a,level 10...

Here I go straight to the point...

Its leaking down the barrel and the little hole on the side of the front half of the valve..

I want to purchase a complete parts kit for the valve to replace every oring and everything that should be changed.

Where to buy! & which kit?

I know of adg and tunamart but they dont offer a complete kit....

I dont wanna,have to buy 4 of each oring.

Thanks in advance..

Pic of her.. She rapid fires like a beast just leaks like an asian whore.

check the valve pin assembly...it could be dirty...that will cause that type of leak as well as the rapid fire? or the o-rings on the valve pin need to be changed?

here they are at AGD:
    http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fu...fo&prodId=2133

I concur that it is leaking due to the valve pin orings.

Its a good idea to replace all the orings when getting a new to you mag. That way you know you are starting fresh and aren't relying on someone else's maintenance practices.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Sounds good. Thanks. What about the leak from the little hole on the side of the reg.

thats from the valve pin assembly...it is best to rebuild the valve like athomas posted.

new o-rings on the valve pin assembly will stop the leak...and a whole rebuild will be piece of mind

you can try cleaning the valve and oil until your kit arrives tho!

suaze Guest
    I had leaking out of the hole on the side of the valve today. I figured out that my trigger rod was putting pressure on the trigger. Have a little gap between the two now and no more leak.

Quote Originally Posted by suaze
    I had leaking out of the hole on the side of the valve today. I figured out that my trigger rod was putting pressure on the trigger. Have a little gap between the two now and no more leak.
    The trigger has no affect on the leaking out the side hole. The side hole is a relief hole for the gap between the two regulator valve pin orings. Air only leaks out this hole if one of those orings leaks due to dirt or faulty oring.

If you stopped the leak by adjusting the trigger gap, I suspect it was just luck and that you actually jarred a piece of dirt out of the area that was really causing your issue.