Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rails? Where we're going, we don't need rails.

This is really cool. Great potential.
    I see a new grip frame in the future.
    Nice job.

Anyone interested in a modified eclipse Frame? I will have an extra for sale.

how much? is it a bolt on for an existing marker?

Curious - how much pressure are you pushing through that macroline?

Styg
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

We used to do this many many years ago with mags.
    Run them with no back regulator during prototype and early production designs.
    We also did it many times testing the JD tank regulators to see how consistent they were.

But the back regulator is not just a regulator, it's also a built in safety device. The regulator piston is designed to blow off in the case of over pressurization, such as when a tank regulator fails...
    How does this modification take that into account? Or does it just simply bypass that level of safety and allow the shooter to shoot at full tank output pressure in the event of a reg failure?

Sandman
    Original

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    We used to do this many many years ago with mags.
    Run them with no back regulator during prototype and early production designs.
    We also did it many times testing the JD tank regulators to see how consistent they were.

But the back regulator is not just a regulator, it's also a built in safety device. The regulator piston is designed to blow off in the case of over pressurization, such as when a tank regulator fails...
    How does this modification take that into account? Or does it just simply bypass that level of safety and allow the shooter to shoot at full tank output pressure in the event of a reg failure?

Sandman
    Original

in the event of a tank reg failure, wouldn't the macro-line blow?

lol his safety feature is the macroline only has about an 800 lb working pressure, +/- depending on the quality. If the tank reg fails, the macroline will explode.

Styg

The pressure going through the macro is probably in the 7-750psi range. Thats about what my capped valve pumpmag runs at on HPA to get 280-290 fps.

I was going for the lightest setup. I can use braided. I can use the standard back and ditch the cap. no z lock,but just don't adjust the pressure gased up. The pressure is around 800, but my gauge could be off too.

Ahh so true. Macro line is the weakest link and in a way, sort of a safety device. It will certainly blow out long before you could take a seriously over pressurized shot. Come to think of it, stainless line might be dangerous because it's working pressure is up to 3000psi and burst pressure is higher still, making an unregulated shot be very scary. This just makes me want to make sure my tank regulator is the best on market if using such a mod.

Is there no way to make this work while still using the original reg back? I guess it would make it longer, but making the back end piece you have there work with the stock reg back screwed into it. I dunno...just want the second reg and since it's right there....

Sandman
    Last edited by Sandman; 02-22-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane-O-Mac View Post
    Very nice job guys, I really like it!

With using the Center Flag reg as the gun reg, you will run into at least 1 issue, stability. That tank reg will not maintain a consistent output from full to 1000psi, its output pressure could raise as much as 200psi and as little as 50psi, varying you FPS. You need either a bottomline double reg like the Center Flag Doolie, Palmers Stabilizer, older Max-Flow or older PMS/Nitro Duck air system. The Doolie and bottomline Stabilizer you can mount up and screw in an HPA tank and have stable output into the valve body. The older Max-Flow and PMS HPA systems were stable without a secondary reg. I have not tested the older PMS systems but I know many people swear that they are good for single reg set-ups.
    Not to thread jack. I love the setup. But all the reg talk hear brought up a question I have been thinking.

I used to run a nitroduck megareg. Loved that thing. Heavy. But great setup. I always had constant fps on my rt no matter where tank pressure went. Since the velocity drop deal came up in this post I've got to ask. I just got a flat line to use on the same old rt. Will I see any velocity fluxuation with the single flat line reg vs the old dual reg nitroduck? Cuz if so I may have to shop for another megareg.

I can still use the entire original valve and eliminate the cap. I am currently using this setup for the purpose of weight reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Not to thread jack. I love the setup. But all the reg talk hear brought up a question I have been thinking.

I used to run a nitroduck megareg. Loved that thing. Heavy. But great setup. I always had constant fps on my rt no matter where tank pressure went. Since the velocity drop deal came up in this post I've got to ask. I just got a flat line to use on the same old rt. Will I see any velocity fluxuation with the single flat line reg vs the old dual reg nitroduck? Cuz if so I may have to shop for another megareg.
    Unlikely you'll see any issue. With the Megareg on an RT you were essentially running three regs. A Flatline to an RT will run perfectly.

TimmyJay, Either way you set that up with or without reg back that is pimp with no rail!

Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJay View Post
    I was going for the lightest setup. I can use braided. I can use the standard back and ditch the cap. no z lock,but just don't adjust the pressure gased up. The pressure is around 800, but my gauge could be off too.
    hey timmyjay would it be possible to make a snatch grip with the Z-lock so the complete valve can be used? since that seems to be the only concern so far with this Pimp Daddy idea...haha!!! this is a great mod...good to see great ideas/projects actually get finished yo!!!!

I just got the shipment back from XMT and I will be selling these 2 grip frames to fund another project... Crossing fingers for a 1 piece cap'd aluminum valve!

Thumbs up

Video Posted...

Seems to only work with full version for those using phones.

http://s208.photobucket.com/user/ddn...5b527.mp4.html

I played today and had one of my best days in ~17 years, with this setup. Not one paint break in gun and everything functioned great. I am very happy with the McFly mod!

Wetwrks -- Please let me know your thoughts when you get it set up. The sear rod was cut a little too short, but I installed the top trigger stop to fine tune. awesome!

Bumping for the fun of it, umm umm umm for the smell of it...