Thread: Rails? Where we're going, we don't need rails.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Rails? Where we're going, we don't need rails.

The new "McFly" Trigger Frame. To be continued....

Rails? Where we're going, we don't need rails.

Video is posted, but video is not my strong suit. I will try to get more video after I get my Max Flo working right.

http://s208.photobucket.com/user/ddn...5b527.mp4.html

A closer look... no photo trickery here! Just needs a good stripping and anno.

Last edited by TimmyJay; 02-09-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Last edited by TimmyJay; 02-09-2014 at 06:47 AM.

WTF!?

My jaw did drop cause I don't know what I'm looking at or how it was done!

A look at where the trigger pin and sear axles are will give you an idea of how this was done. I applaud you sir for your ingenuity and I now look foreward to retrofitting myself an Xvalved, ULE body pistol.

Really cool and very well done, but I couldn't stand a semi without a foregrip...maybe XMT can whip up a body with an integrated foregrip/ASA mount.

I am sure a custom foregrip could be attached to the trigger guard. Or a custom grip frame with a built in foregrip.

wow

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJay
    Another TimmyJay concept
    Very cool mod and not meant to lessen the project, but it's not really a new concept. Talks of doing something like that has been around for many years (10+?)

I will update it to state design. I realize that many have wanted to make numerous modifications over the years. I got full of myself to make a statement of "concept". It was really poor phrasing on my part.

I guess I haven't seen anyone take the effort or make the financial commitment/risk yet. Using an existing cocker frame to complete the mod has to receive some originality points?

I am excited that XMT & I brought forth a working prototype after 10+ years of RnD.

Thanks to everyone for the great comments. It is the AO community that MAGS everything possible!
    Last edited by TimmyJay; 11-28-2012 at 12:43 PM.

whoa

I will update it to state design. I realize that many have wanted to make numerous modifications over the years. I got full of myself to make a statement of "concept". It was really poor phrasing on my part.

I guess I haven't seen anyone take the effort or make the financial commitment/risk yet. Using an existing cocker frame to complete the mod has to receive some originality points?

I am excited that XMT & I brought forth a working prototype after 10+ years of RnD.

Thanks to everyone for the great comments. It is the AO community that MAGS everything possible!
    Nice work! I guess the already high value of Eclipse Blades just went up even more!

I got full of myself to make a statement of "concept".
    lol, yea it just came across as a new idea, it's cool none the less.
    Last edited by luke; 11-29-2012 at 11:11 AM.

now who is gonna make that bottomed mag

So your regulator is on the tank? I agree doing a frame with build in asa adapter would be cool looking. Pending price and funds I would be interested. Pneumag options even?