Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rails? Where we're going, we don't need rails.

Thumbs up Rails? Where we're going, we don't need rails.

The new "McFly" Trigger Frame. To be continued....

Rails? Where we're going, we don't need rails.

Video is posted, but video is not my strong suit. I will try to get more video after I get my Max Flo working right.

http://s208.photobucket.com/user/ddn...5b527.mp4.html

A closer look... no photo trickery here! Just needs a good stripping and anno.

Last edited by TimmyJay; 02-09-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Last edited by TimmyJay; 02-09-2014 at 06:47 AM.

WTF!?

My jaw did drop cause I don't know what I'm looking at or how it was done!

A look at where the trigger pin and sear axles are will give you an idea of how this was done. I applaud you sir for your ingenuity and I now look foreward to retrofitting myself an Xvalved, ULE body pistol.

Really cool and very well done, but I couldn't stand a semi without a foregrip...maybe XMT can whip up a body with an integrated foregrip/ASA mount.

I am sure a custom foregrip could be attached to the trigger guard. Or a custom grip frame with a built in foregrip.

wow

EVOLVE

Your thread really made me laugh with the opening sentence and i enjoyed the crusty back to the future reference!

Thanks for the opportunity to work on this project.....i had fun doing it. I hope you hit a home run with it and we get to make a production run of scratch built frames.

I want one!

WAIT!!!

I WANT ONE!!!!

Would that be the only possible frame to be used in this application? And other than that, any other mods were done to any other part?

suaze Guest
    Sounds like Xmagterror is going make these from scratch if there's enough interest. A fore grip is a must for me. Maybe integrate a vertical ASA option like an Ion frame; or horizontal ASA / 12 gram dropout option for those building pistols...

Nice work Timmyjay & Xmagterror

I will provide more pictures and updates/thoughts on the planned enhancements for a final build. I used this grip because I liked the look and it has the needed hump in the back. The only other mods were to the sear pin (cut shorter) & sear (rod cut shorter),

Pants not shat..
    Looks cool and nice clean work but not pants-shat-able.

speaking of pants shat... did anyone listen to elvis duran's morning show today?

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJay
    Another TimmyJay concept
    Very cool mod and not meant to lessen the project, but it's not really a new concept. Talks of doing something like that has been around for many years (10+?)

I will update it to state design. I realize that many have wanted to make numerous modifications over the years. I got full of myself to make a statement of "concept". It was really poor phrasing on my part.

I guess I haven't seen anyone take the effort or make the financial commitment/risk yet. Using an existing cocker frame to complete the mod has to receive some originality points?

I am excited that XMT & I brought forth a working prototype after 10+ years of RnD.

Thanks to everyone for the great comments. It is the AO community that MAGS everything possible!
    Last edited by TimmyJay; 11-28-2012 at 12:43 PM.

whoa

I will update it to state design. I realize that many have wanted to make numerous modifications over the years. I got full of myself to make a statement of "concept". It was really poor phrasing on my part.

I guess I haven't seen anyone take the effort or make the financial commitment/risk yet. Using an existing cocker frame to complete the mod has to receive some originality points?

I am excited that XMT & I brought forth a working prototype after 10+ years of RnD.

Thanks to everyone for the great comments. It is the AO community that MAGS everything possible!
    Nice work! I guess the already high value of Eclipse Blades just went up even more!

I got full of myself to make a statement of "concept".
    lol, yea it just came across as a new idea, it's cool none the less.
    Last edited by luke; 11-29-2012 at 11:11 AM.

now who is gonna make that bottomed mag

So your regulator is on the tank? I agree doing a frame with build in asa adapter would be cool looking. Pending price and funds I would be interested. Pneumag options even?

I use the centerflag dynaflow reg with good results. I think it could use a rebuild... I would like to have the dove tail milled into the frame and get a stubby tank. Actually I would like to rig it up similar to a mini/axe...

i like the concept of the pneumags but I am not very familiar with their setup. I want to add a pic with the grips off but been too busy to get more photos. Maybe someone with more experience can add their two cents.
    Last edited by TimmyJay; 11-29-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Another Eclipse Hinge frame is on its way!!!!! I think there will be a second one in the works.

If anyone else has this frame and wants to try to work out a deal with XMT, then let me know. It may take awhile to setup a grip from scratch. I am not getting too many names to add to the list... We would need to add the ASA more than likely to get enough interested....?

Please support the cause and buy my misc stuff.
    Last edited by TimmyJay; 11-29-2012 at 10:08 PM.

I use the centerflag dynaflow reg with good results. I think it could use a rebuild... I would like to have the dove tail milled into the frame and get a stubby tank. Actually I would like to rig it up similar to a mini/axe...

i like the concept of the pneumags but I am not very familiar with their setup. I want to add a pic with the grips off but been too busy to get more photos. Maybe someone with more experience can add their two cents.
    Very nice job guys, I really like it!

With using the Center Flag reg as the gun reg, you will run into at least 1 issue, stability. That tank reg will not maintain a consistent output from full to 1000psi, its output pressure could raise as much as 200psi and as little as 50psi, varying you FPS. You need either a bottomline double reg like the Center Flag Doolie, Palmers Stabilizer, older Max-Flow or older PMS/Nitro Duck air system. The Doolie and bottomline Stabilizer you can mount up and screw in an HPA tank and have stable output into the valve body. The older Max-Flow and PMS HPA systems were stable without a secondary reg. I have not tested the older PMS systems but I know many people swear that they are good for single reg set-ups.
    I have nothing good to put here...........

i have 5-6 of these regs for sale all good to go let.me know if you want ,make me an offer
    abvpaintball@yahoo.com for pics
    thanks mike

Google found it...so it lives again.

I have 2 frames that I will be sending to XMT. Anyone else have one to send or sell?

Thanks

I am very interested.
    How would I go about getting one of these?

why didn't you just trim the sear down instead of cutting the back of the frame?

It was a prototype and didn't really know exactly how everything would line up or if it would even work. Everything worked out so I could look into that for the other 2. I don't know how difficult it would be to grind down the sear. It would be nice to not have the D shaped hole in the back.

useda dremel and a cut off wheel to cut the arm off of mins so its not that hard