Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anodizing screw up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anodizing screw up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f my life. so after 7 weeks going on 8 weeks i call up anotech here in CA and say hey do you know where my parts are and when are they going to get done?

did this about 4 time over the course of the 7 weeks.

called them today again, they didnt know what i was talking about, so they called me back later and said, we found your parts finally i have no idea if they have them all or not. we will find out i guess.

so like a dumb horse, i sent a nice blue x-valve with the parts so they could color match to that valve......

GUESS WHAT......?????? they cant find it.

oh and they had to fire there anodizing guy.

total fubar over there with them.

but im holding some hope.

Get them to photograph and email you the photo of what they have. Then you will have a better idea of what is there and what is missing.

Oh...do you have the serial number of the valve? There is one on ebay right now. It is VV04242

See if this links you:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140891452978...84.m1426.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks
    Get them to photograph and email you the photo of what they have. Then you will have a better idea of what is there and what is missing.

Oh...do you have the serial number of the valve? There is one on ebay right now. It is VV04242

See if this links you:

of course i dint remember to remember my valves number.

lol, FML, but im keeping a cool head we will se how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks

See if this links you:

oooh that one, no thats not mine.

Sorry to hear about the issue, i've had multiple anodizing nightmares in the past (precision, gruntbull, etc) so it really frustrates me to hear about anotech. For right now just regroup and take an inventory of exactly what you are missing.

If they don't come back with any good news I would try to talk with someone high up in Anotech. Time will not be on your side since it been a really long time since they probably saw the parts. Be cool, calm, and collective and make sure to document everything you can.

If you still don't like the answer I would drive down, or see if someone from AO can help.

Good luck

Arrow Catalog

What I have done in the past is photo catalog my parts on disc and serialized them and a description measurements etc.
    printed a hard copy packing slip and requested signature return.
    Also on the packing slip I leave all names times phone of the salesman.
    I also went as far as to describe work to be done and a my phone number so they could call me when parts are received don't ship in an ordinary package make it unique to your parts so its easy to find hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    Sorry to hear about the issue, i've had multiple anodizing nightmares in the past (precision, gruntbull, etc) so it really frustrates me to hear about anotech. For right now just regroup and take an inventory of exactly what you are missing.

If they don't come back with any good news I would try to talk with someone high up in Anotech. Time will not be on your side since it been a really long time since they probably saw the parts. Be cool, calm, and collective and make sure to document everything you can.

If you still don't like the answer I would drive down, or see if someone from AO can help.

Good luck
    im running my memory down, and im 4 parts short of what he told me the number on the bag said

he said 48 im remembering 44.
    not to mention the color sample the blue x-valve.(im so efin stupid)

so im waiting to see what he says tommorow.

then ill press for pics of the parts.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h.

EDIT:
    i aparently cant talk to the owner/daughter Kelly any more,
    because she is going through her own thing or something.
    i have no idea. but all else fails ill drive up there. i have no problem doing that.

Yah, sounds like a face to face is in order.

Sorry to hear. They lost a small piece of my order, but not that big of a deal. Someone else mentioned losing a few pieces as well. Sounds like someone is building a mag one piece at a time. lol.

Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN
    Sorry to hear. They lost a small piece of my order, but not that big of a deal. Someone else mentioned losing a few pieces as well. Sounds like someone is building a mag one piece at a time. lol.

Good luck with it.
    i think over all we are good.
    as long as we"THEY" find the blue x-valve.

i have been doing more memory dumping.

i should have all pieces acounted for ill be calling and requesting pictures of all the parts.
    tommorow, then i can cross check the parts in the pics with my list.

it will be an interesting Wednesday for me. who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by river031403
    What I have done in the past is photo catalog my parts on disc and serialized them and a description measurements etc.
    printed a hard copy packing slip and requested signature return.
    Also on the packing slip I leave all names times phone of the salesman.
    I also went as far as to describe work to be done and a my phone number so they could call me when parts are received don't ship in an ordinary package make it unique to your parts so its easy to find hope this helps
    This would have been great before he sent the items.., remain calm knownothing I had an issue with anotech and they did resolve it.

this is why sending stuff to anno scares me

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag
    this is why sending stuff to anno scares me
    same here man!

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Life
    This would have been great before he sent the items.., remain calm knownothing I had an issue with anotech and they did resolve it.
    i think when things dont go how you invision, we tend to freak out alittle faster.

ill know more tommorow.

Well keep in mind that if it doesn't work out the world will end in less than a month anyways.

I think I would be a little worried about this statement: "oh and they had to fire there anodizing guy."

That alone would probably make me request my parts back until they get their crap squared away.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    so like a dumb horse, i sent a nice blue x-valve with the parts so they could color match to that valve......
    Interesting... i am another person who had Anotech loose a few parts on me. Nowhere near as big a deal as a blue xvalve though. I sent a CCM feedneck collar as a color match for my red xvalve (reading this i am thankful they were the EXACT same shade!) and didnt get it back. they also lost my emag trigger and are going to be buying a replacement (i sent them your way Luke for an Acis )

Thats a bummer to hear. With any luck all these pieces just got put in a box somewhere, though i fear the worst may be more likely.

ATMF has been screwing up for over a year now. Which is why i tell people to avoid them. Arnold's metal finishing for the win. Yet to here a bad story from those guys.

MOTY3
    The company is called Anotech and they only have 1 ano guy? What other services do they provide?

I am in the same boat as you. I have been waiting on getting a shockwave mag anodized for my buddy keith on here and have been waiting for over 10 weeks.

i just need them to make sure they keep comms up and keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags
    i just need them to make sure they keep comms up and keep in touch.
    it has been my experience that you will need to keep the communication lines open yourself if you want them to exist.

MOTY3
    "Squeaky wheel gets the grease"

Ah crap thats not good. I hope they find the valve.

get this.
    dont know how but I lost my black "x-valve" xvalve.

did i sell it to any of you?

i just want to be at ease if i did sell it.

its been one of those weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333
    "Squeaky wheel gets the grease"
    This lab rat is tired of squeaking, and after these stories I'm going to look for my cheese elsewhere.

they just found the x-valve. yay for me.

one step closer to never dealing with anotech again.

lol just found my "x-valve" x-valve.

im aparently stress blind.

you know we have an organization system here that I find stupid... THAT OTHER PEOPLE DONT DO IT!

every job that comes in gets a serial number assigned to it then gets placed in a bin with a copy of the incomming paperwork and all the parts associated with it. when a part comes in it is doccumented and placed in the bin. parts that have yet to arrive are written in red on the front of the bin... I could go on. I work with cylinder heads and the biggest thing I've ever lost is a valve keeper!

well looks like i need to find another ano spot...i was gearing up to send in a BUNCH of parts there...glad they found your valve...