Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Connecticut School Shooting

Cops retire between 40 and 50 years old on average.

They usually look to a 2nd career. Well we have one for them now!

Sad situation overall....

I feel badly that school shootings are the in vogue thing to do for the small town crazy, but I feel even worse that this nation is so short sighted as to blame the tool and not the problem.

Yes, guns are made for killing things, plain and simple, and they do it very well. But I promise you, the list of things that would replace them is endless. Hammers, cars, drugs, edged weapons, rocks, dirt, water, fear... and even nothing can kill.

We are dealing with crazy people who are breaking the law. These are intelligent people capable of problem solving just as good as the next person, a person who operates without reason, logic, or compassion familiar to most of society. This is why they are crazy, they do not think or act in a manner that is consistent or predictable by society.

So I ask how do you legislate against crazy. How to do make laws against the unpredictable? You don't. Governments best bet is to pass laws to make the populous of the masses feel safe. Thankfully for them, 50% of the people in the world are below average intelligence, and then there is a good percentage of intelligent people who make bad or misguided choices. So it is actually pretty easy isn't it, just trick everyone into thinking you did something.

We are going to end up with another run of pointless "feel good laws", laws that will take away the rights of law abiding citizens, who will welcome the false hope. No conspiracy theories needed, our freedom is slowly dying at the sound of applause and cheers as our society forgets what it means to be free, as we no longer understand or want the responsibility of freedom, and welcome the over bearing control.

For some reason, People have lost responsibility and accountability. Someone was responsible for that kid being able to get weapons, and did nothing. Someone heard these disturbed peoples cry's for help, and did nothing. Now society blames inanimate objects for acts of hatred, and the problem is not solved. We live in a society which blames McDonalds for serving coffee, to health code, for burning a lady who spilled it on herself.

Don't blame guns when we have a far more dangerous problem... people who don't care about being responsible and accountable for their actions.
    Last edited by MoeMag; 12-31-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoeMag View Post
    I feel badly that school shootings are the in vogue thing to do for the small town crazy, but I feel even worse that this nation is so short sighted as to blame the tool and not the problem.

Yes, guns are made for killing things, plain and simple, and they do it very well. But I promise you, the list of things that would replace them is endless. Hammers, cars, drugs, edged weapons, rocks, dirt, water, fear... and even nothing can kill.

We are dealing with crazy people who are breaking the law. These are intelligent people capable of problem solving just as good as the next person, a person who operates without reason, logic, or compassion familiar to most of society. This is why they are crazy, they do not think or act in a manner that is consistent or predictable by society.

So I ask how do you legislate against crazy. How to do make laws against the unpredictable? You don't. Governments best bet is to pass laws to make the populous of the masses feel safe. Thankfully for them, 50% of the people in the world are below average intelligence, and then there is a good percentage of intelligent people who make bad or misguided choices. So it is actually pretty easy isn't it, just trick everyone into thinking you did something.

We are going to end up with another run of pointless "feel good laws", laws that will take away the rights of law abiding citizens, who will welcome the false hope. No conspiracy theories needed, our freedom is slowly dying at the sound of applause and cheers as our society forgets what it means to be free, as we no longer understand or want the responsibility of freedom, and welcome the over bearing control.

For some reason, People have lost responsibility and accountability. Someone was responsible for that kid being able to get weapons, and did nothing. Someone heard these disturbed peoples cry's for help, and did nothing. Now society blames inanimate objects for acts of hatred, and the problem is not solved. We live in a society which blames McDonalds for serving coffee, to health code, for burning a lady who spilled it on herself.

Don't blame guns when we have a far more dangerous problem... people who don't care about being responsible and accountable for their actions.
    Well said.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin
    www.flurryindustries.com

http://www.geocities.com/interceptor911/frontpage.html?1055821493343

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
    Well said.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin
    Times have changed. Ben Franklin never could've possibly imagined assault weapons, not even in his wildest, syphilis ridden dreams. Did you know these are the same white people who had SLAVES! So how can you take ANYTHING in the constitution seriously.

(please note that this is dripping with sarcasm )

Moemag, VERY well said, btw. You hit the nail right on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by dahoeb View Post

(please note that this is dripping with sarcasm )
    Thought you were Cocker Punk for a minute there ;-)

^^^According to what I found, this story was later retracted.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    ^^^According to what I found, this story was later retracted.
    The media botched the story from the get-go. Instead of waiting on plain and simple facts from the police, they tripped over themselves over and over trying to be the first ones to air the story. But it's not the first time the media has dropped the ball, and it certainly won't be the last.